Reviews for Blame it on the Brain
Mireya Cristina chapter 1 . 2/25/2015
How can I describe your story in one word? Awesome, amazing and genius seem to fall short. Your story was exceptional. The plot had me staying up late on a work day because I had to find out what happened next. I can't wait to read more from you. Keep up the good work!
Zelouche chapter 27 . 1/17/2015
You are a Genius man ! I love all your stories ! They are perfect !
Atlas chapter 27 . 8/31/2014
Just finished your story. Your sentence and story structure was fantastic. Pacing was brilliant and everything worked well to create a wonderfully creative whole. Are you published?
jane grove chapter 27 . 1/27/2014
Incredible... just incredible... this has every potential to be a movie in the theaters it's that awesome!
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 27 . 1/17/2013
Interesting bit of work, I’ll give you that.
Not only did you come up with an excellent method of bringing the Brainspawn back to this universe, but you also created an excellent means of developing it as a threat for reasons beyond it just making people in its immediate vicinity stupid, ranging from its subversion of the ship that recovered it to
I was initially uncertain about the sub-plot with Ultima’s focus on capturing Leela, but you managed to use it rather well- the mutants-VS-Ultima scene was a particularly effective bit of combat-, and I certainly had no such doubts about your theories regarding how the Brainspawn and Nibblonians were connected or the reason why Fry’s ‘past-nastification’ made him particularly suited to be the Mighty One beyond the vague reference to his lack of the Delta Brainwave as a result of that unique method of conception.
Subsequent developments as the crew had to take action against Brainspawn were generally good- I didn’t like Mom’s statement about why they should spare Wernstrom, but that’s a minor detail in the grand scheme of things-, particularly with the revelation about the Lance of Fate (A bit ambiguous about the metafictional nature of Brainspawn’s ‘epiphany’ to account for its motivation, but I suppose that could just be taken as a delusion, like the Joker or Loki’s occasional awareness of their fictional nature).
Still, the final confrontation with Onespawn was certainly dramatic, clearly exploring all of the alliances required to weaken the Brainspawn forces to the point that Fry could land his final blow, and your thoughts on Leela’s purpose as ‘the Other’ neatly wrapped up that particular question-mark before leading us in to a very satisfactory conclusion as they accept reality, for all of its flaws and mistakes, rather than the ‘perfection’ Fry could have created.
Seriously, this is better than some of the stuff the ACTUAL writers come up with; keep up the great work!
Autumns-Elegy chapter 27 . 3/29/2012
Holy Crap! What a ride that was! You should write original fiction, you really blew me away. You rounded out the characters of Fry and Leela so well while staying true to the series, and you made the story so GRIPPING.

A brilliant story indeed! :)
mel chapter 23 . 2/23/2012
Dude, seriously... this story is so AWESOME it could be the movie if they ever made one. Love this story, you captured the characters perfectly, love the plot, I can seriously picture this happening! Amazing job!
Majin Hentai X chapter 27 . 7/8/2011
Is this the legendary lost script of the live action Futurama movie that was supposedly stolen during the writers guild strike?

If it isn't it should be, it was brilliant and beautiful and made me cry a little bit. Better than the Beast with a Billion back and Bender's Game its on par with Bender's Big Score and Into the Wild Green Yonder.
SovietCat chapter 18 . 5/31/2011
flyin crotches are extinct mon xD greatest line ever
Please submit your chapter 27 . 4/3/2011
Wow. I can't find a single word to express how wonderfully written this was. I was there, and I loved every single minute of it. The ending was fabulous, wonderfully planned, and each and every subtle reference (and the large, blaringly obvious ones too) just increased my enjoyment of the story. This should be a multi-million dollar movie. I would buy twelve copies, just to say I have twelve times the best thing in the known universe. BEAUTIFUL.
Louiswuenator chapter 27 . 3/28/2011
Well, I just went through and read all of your Futurama stories and, man you really outdid yourself on this one. Bravo!

A unique quality that Futurama possesses is how it challenges me - challenges and shakes up conditioned value systems and thought patterns in my mind that get laid down by the drudgery of "real" life and social pressures. These cannot stay in place for too long or I become a servant to them, and I might as well dead. Watching Futurama (among other things) helps rattle things around enough to spark new trains of thought and conscience.

"Blame it on the Brain" also possesses this quality, and for that I treasure it. Often while reading I had to stop and look away from my computer screen to follow a thought path that lead to some new horizon. Hell, after I finished it, I felt compelled to go on a long walk in order to wrap my head around some concepts before sitting down and writing this.

I especially enjoyed the later sections with the metaphysical and existential overtones. It makes me wonder how the voice actors feel about their work. The bit about Fry being the necessary redshirt on the away team was brilliant and had me laughing out loud. I also loved the references to The Night's Dawn trilogy. Reality dysfunction, indeed.

I hope you plan on writing more for Futurama in the... future. Your work is inspirational, and has so inspired me to get off of my lazy bum and work on a fic that I have been sitting on for a while now. Farewell.

-Louiswuenator
inukagomeforever19 chapter 27 . 6/26/2009
Wow. I just finished this story, and I have to say, it's one of, if not, the best Futurama fanfic(s) out there. You superbly captured each character's personality; I could practically hear their voices speaking. And you kept true to the style of the show, throwing a lot of comedy alongside the drama. It was all believable; I could see this as a Futurama movie someday. Thank you for an incredible read. *bows*
Wreck-itLouLou chapter 27 . 4/24/2009
This story was fantastic, loved it!

I noticed the Discworld and other references you put in here, well done!
Call Me Blue Streak chapter 27 . 1/17/2009
Oh... your... god...

It's over. It can't be over! I NEED more!

Although, on the other hand, I don't think there could be a better ending, to both this fic and your writing. Depressing but then, endings generally are.

As for the story itself, I'm more enthralled now than I was way back in chapter 11. And to see it come to a close in a cataclysmic battle of epic proportions somehow reminiscent of some kind of fantasy was... well, it couldn't have ended any other way.

I watched the third movie yesterday and suddenly had a hankerin' for some Futurama fanfiction. Your story has both quelled my immediate need and, at the same time, made me addicted to it. I fear I may forever be a regular in this fandom because of you. Thank you.

The story was perfect...

But. I'm not sure when the first movie was released in relation to the final chapter of this fic, but Fry turned the cryogenics capsule timer up to one million years in 'Benders Big Score'.

But again, story was perfect and fortunately there is a cornucopia of other stories... No, novels... written by you for me to enjoy.

You deserve to be happy with the way you concluded this story, every storyline closed, every loose end tied up in a nice little apocalyptic bundle that only destroyed New New York and killed Zapp Brannigan. If you aimed at grandiose, that domino fell like a house of cards.

Look at me, I'm rambling, I'll stop now. Sad to see you go, but thrilled to have experienced your work.

- Blue Streak
Call Me Blue Streak chapter 11 . 1/16/2009
Well now, this is one of the most amazing stories I've ever read. Clearly written by someone with a massive amount of knowledge of at least Futurama, Final Fantasy VII and Firefly, and probably many other series' beginning with the letter 'F'.

Point being, the story is fantastic, the plot is decidedly original with many references and the comedy is hilarious whilst still being In Character and Futurama-esque.

Kudos, Omega. Definitely favourited. I shall read the rest of it now.

OBEY THE FIST!