Reviews for A Window To The Past
Kouji-wolf chapter 1 . 10/31/2007
That was cute. You really showed Mickey and Sam's characters. There were a few grammer and spelling mistakes, but not many.
Miss Anonymous hp chapter 1 . 8/11/2007
This was really an adorable piece to read! Since I'm a huge fan of the Sam and Mickey friendship (I have been since Day 1!) this really tugs at my heart. The emotion embedded within this short one-shot is just amazing and I think you did an excellent job of capturing both Mickey and Sam's personalities quite well in this story.

Mickey's innocence and belief in Sam is so touching! I actually almost started crying at a point during this one-shot just due to the raw amount of emotion there! It's really well portrayed. He really cares for his friend and it's very, very noticeable here. The fact that he somehow knew that Sam was out there alone and needing guidance and maybe just companionship in general was so great of him! Of course, the dream part kind of sent me for a loop, but the Takaishi/Kamiya family always HAVE been a little weird.

Sam was so lovably sad. It was really terrible to have to read about his uncertainties - not terrible in a bad way! It just really tugged at my heart to have to see him in so much pain! I'm so glad that Mickey was able to give a little hope back to him, but you touched on some very important issues! Some that I have actually thought about myself. One of which is the whole 'compassion' idea. Very neat; yes, Sam will one day learn the true meaning of word. Or, at least, I hope he will! Time will only tell, I suppose, however!

Some helpful grammatical hints so that the story is easier to read:

1. Whenever someone new talks, make it a new paragraph.

"Hi," Mickey said.

"Hey," Sam replied.

2. Whenever someone else - other than the person talking - does an action, make it a new paragraph.

"What's your problem?" Matty asked.

Dai glared.

"Well?" the blond prodded.

3. Put the punctuation within the quotations if it is part of what they are saying.

Sam nodded and smiled, "Thank you."

Or

"Are you sure?" Mickey asked. "It could be dangerous."

Just a few helpful hints! Grammar is not that big of a deal when you write a brilliant story like yours, but it certainly makes such great ideas easier to read. What a great story! Keep up the good work!
CrestOfHealing chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
These two are so adorable! I have a thing for the quiet ones, and Sam and Mickey just fit together so well! There should be more of this kind of interactions between them! lol Another great oneshot! Loved it!

Just a note, though. When you switch between speakers in dialogue, you should start a new paragraph. There were a few times you didn't, so I thought I'd point it out.

All in all, this was great!

Child of Healing
Broken Angel01 chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
Forget grammar errors, that was so awesome! I felt like crying half way through but not because it was sad, but because it was so nice and so very true, and it actually does work with the story because the next chapter starts out in the morning at the Takaishi house and Mickey has once again gotten up late (so uncharacteristic of him!)

Which reminds me, remember how you asked me if I would embarrass Mickey for you? Well,that's coming up in the next chapter!

No to mention I love all you rather obvious hints (well maybe not obvious to anyone but you and me!) about the Spirit Chips, it's made me laugh the whole way through, but because you know, it's made this story much more believable and much more fitting to the story I've written, especially since this takes place after the last chapter I've written.

The emotion between Mickey and Sam was great and their bond was very obvious. You'll be seeing a lot more of it to come. And you probably don't know it yet, but you did some major foreshadowing with regards to what is still to come in my story, especially when you mentioned how Sam does not quite fully understand *compassion* yet. That will play a huge (very huge!) role coming up in the story. Great job!
Digi-Girl101 chapter 1 . 8/5/2007
Love It! It's SO great! Could use a few grammar fix-ups though! _ Though you have to look for them to tell! I can imagine what's happening as I read it, I'm speachless its so great! Mickey & Sam are a great pare to write about, their kind of the same, yet different in some way or another. Anywayz this is fabulous!