Reviews for Make Believe in Rio
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 8/30/2008
A great story. I liked the part where Ray was trying to put together his Christmas list.
VanillaSlash chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
This was a pretty loaded oneshot, and a great one at that. Yelina definately wouldn't have forgiven Ray just because they left the country. This seems like a realistic interpretation.
temari13 chapter 1 . 11/2/2007
Oh, wow! I love this story! This is almost exactly how I pictured Ray Sr. and Yelina's relationship when they were in Rio. Great job!
Mtwapa chapter 1 . 8/5/2007
This was a really hurting piece! I actually felt a twinge of sadness for Ray. Yelina's actions seem so different, and I guess that's what hurts more. Instead of having a passionate fight and getting it over with, she just glazes over him. Her brutal comments flow because after all she's been through with the Caine men she deserves to treat him how she wants and live how she wants under the guise of happiness. Her marriage seems as much of a sham now as it did when Ray was working Narc, only now it's on her terms not his and that makes all the difference. And he still knows he hasn't changed...something that I think would hurt equally if not more than knowing Yelina doesn't love him. In a way I guess it's her revenge and her coldness pulls it off with more effect. Another fantastic piece of writing!
speedfanatic05 chapter 1 . 8/4/2007
This one was raw. Very. I'm pretty much speechless at this, solely because, the Yelina we see is a very passionate one, and it just hit me in the face like ice water to see her so adroit. Cold.

It was a wonderful image of their fairytale world, where everything is just peaches in cream on the outside, but hell on the inside. I would imagine that type of situation would begin to wear on a person ( as it is now doing to Ray). His doubts are firmly in place as to how Yelina feels towards him now, and he goes along with it because in reality, that's what he wanted from the beginning. I'm just astounded all around at the entire story!

Excellent job, Duckie!