Reviews for In a Glass, Darkly
J. Merritt chapter 9 . 2/10
Just finished re-reading this and, years later, it still remains my favorite Labyrinth fanfic. You are an incredibly talented writer! Dark!Jareth is always best!
Guiltilyinnocent chapter 9 . 11/11/2013
Whoa lot of research went into that! Very dark, think I need a fluff piece to Cheer me up now... Well done, very creepy and very twisted Jareth
Guiltilyinnocent chapter 6 . 11/11/2013
Tense story, scary! He was definitely taking advantage of her earlier but I can't tell if she's playing along or has actually turned the tables in this chapter...
Guest chapter 5 . 10/15/2013
I love your portrayal of Jareth. I always thought he was evil spawn of the devil...
Guest chapter 2 . 10/15/2013
omg! This is REALLY good. Definitely one of the best Labyrinth fanfictions I've read so far!
nothingnothingtralala chapter 9 . 10/10/2013
As a Catholic, I am both disturbed and intrigued by this, aha! Love all the symbolism and the Bible references. And the bottom line to me is - don't mess with stuff you don't know about. Hmm. Interesting stuff.
Your writing is really good, though. I have to go and bake for a bit now so I can clear my head - that's how intense this was! :)
GhibliGirl91 chapter 9 . 9/28/2013
I got in to this by about five chapters before I realised I'd been reading your work on AO3 for about four days already. Yay, symmetry.
This made me uncomfortable but it was fantastic and chock full of symbolism and that's so rare I had to carry on. I was maybe a little disappointed when he turned out to be the devil, it seemed kind of narrow after he'd declared himself that that was a silly, blinkered idea. Plus I think I had built Jareth up as an individual so much by now that adding all the myths that goes with the Devil made it feel like I was trying to combine two separate beings. But it was cracking.
And was his son Merlin? Because that's a brilliant detail. I got a little confused at the close. Was it just that she found strength in the memories of her friends? And she'll fight him til the end? Any insight much appreciated. I'll just muddle through til then.
Jalen Strix chapter 9 . 8/29/2013
Lovely and dark and deliciously evil - I couldn't stop reading. I particularly enjoyed the recurring scenes and symbolism - the dream-following/within-a-dream flow was brilliant.
Jalen Strix chapter 6 . 8/29/2013
Normally I try to wait till the end of a story before posting a review, but this chapter was absolutely riveting - scorching hot, the interplay between Sarah and Jareth is breath-taking. And this chapter in particular, when Sarah comes into her own with the power games - simply stunning.
Rose of Zakarisz chapter 9 . 8/20/2013
I am left breathless by the outstanding quality of your writing.
arcangeldjr chapter 9 . 8/14/2013
This was a very dark and twisted mindfuck, and I think I figured it out when I found out Rachel's sister was name Leah.
All the imagery and biblical references were very well done. Honestly, this story creeped me out so much, which is good because it's horror, right?
So yes, repulsed and just, man, hell, her own hell forever. Very well written!
Lozzarooni chapter 9 . 7/25/2013
To say that parts of this story didn't confuse me would be a lie - there were times when I was reading this when I couldn't tell my left from my right. However, I did enjoy reading this and I loved your interpretation of what Jareth's true nature was - I would never have pegged him for being the devil - and his evil plan to eventually make Sarah the mother of, I suppose you'd call it the Anti-Christ is genius. I can't think what else to write because my head is really screwed after reading this, but it was well written and flowed beautifully.
Lerik chapter 9 . 7/6/2013
wow, that was really good! although a bit too much (for me) with the idea of satan.
I like this story but won't read it again) something lighter please)
but your writing style it's...I can't find words to describe it...amazing! addicting and thrilling, very sensuos...
the plot, characters, everything so well elaborated that I was holding my breath through the entire story...
thank you for this beautifully sad fanfiction
Jacqueline Ramone chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
just finished my second time around and I have to say, this is the most beautiful, fucked-up and thought-provoking labyrinth fanfic in existence. the imagery and biblical parallels are just...perfection. my mind AND my vagina are very confused; I SHOULD hate this Jareth, but I am hopelessly in love. I'm absolutely stuck in this story and will probably be reeling in it for the next couple of days. thank you so much. fabulous work!

but I must ask, who was Jareth's son you mentioned?
Dy chapter 9 . 5/20/2013
It's really lovely. And I'm glad that the identity of what he was ambiguous. If you wanted him to be something, he was, but he was also unreliable.