Reviews for Life Gets Tasteless
tanpopo no hana chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
Aww, too sweet. I loved it :o)

If I had Dean for a big brother I'd get sick on purpose...

Remember me? Well, I'm proud to anounce that I've now seen the complete first season and about half of the second. Though if I had my way I'd have watched all there is so far already. Anyways, since you were sort of my starting point to the wonderful world of Supernatural (I so owe you...) I'm finally getting back to the rest of your stories. Yay _
Rachelly chapter 1 . 12/20/2007
Wow! This is my lucky day! I've stumbled into some of your stories that I haven't read! This one is great! I love the boys' relationship in this...Sam being sick, Dean being all caring for him. I liked that Dean told Sam his date had canceled and then as soon as Sam was asleep he called her to cancel on her! I loved how Sam stole a "hug" by resting his head on Dean's shoulder and laughed at Dean's comment! Very well written, sweet, and brotherly, and very in character for both! Great job! Thanks again! Now I'm off to see what other goodies you've written that I've missed!
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
I love this story. I like Dean taking care of Sam and Sam's hints at independence. And even more, I love your comments at the end. I have to admit that i usually skim over the "extras" to get to the goods of the story, but I read through your comments and they made me laught out loud.

"I actually just about gagged myself with one of the lines in this story. I think I deserve extra credit points for that one. LOL." - Extra points Awarded!

"Also, this was my first abuse of the “jerk – bitch” combination. I get two more, right?" - Good call, I think there should be a limit... we don't want to overdo.

Lastly, I don’t know if ‘they’ say, “Life gets tasteless when you have a cold,” Ah, the ubiquitous "they"... that sounds like a writing challenge all on it's own. Everyone has to write a story based on what "they" say :)

Nice job!
milkyway22 chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
Ah more brotherly love I just can't get enough. :)
Karma22 chapter 1 . 11/7/2007
I totally hear you about being able to handle anything but mucous. I work as a Certified Nursing assistant and i can handle everything but that. I have trouble with that. Love the one shot though. so cute and cuddley!
Muffy Morrigan chapter 1 . 11/2/2007
Aw, Sammy asleep on big brother's shoulder. Does it get better than that? Ever? Well maybe Dean asleep on little brother's shoulder. This was just so sweet, brought a smile to my face! :)
J.A. Carlton chapter 1 . 8/24/2007
AW! So sweet TraSan!

Those boys sure do know how to look after each other yah? :D You did a beautiful job with this!

:D Thanks for the lovely!

sifi :D
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 8/20/2007
Just found this story and loved it! Poor sick Sam, feeling rotten but trying to convince his brother he is okay and failing miserably! Loved how Dean cancelled a hot date to stay home with sick Sam, and so cute Sam resting his head on Dean's shoulder!

Great writing!
JenBurch chapter 1 . 8/18/2007
hehehe So I'm finally caught up on this one! At last, right? But I loved it, really. For someone who doesn't write fluff often and doesn't think it's her strong suit, you do it beautifully!

And yeah, I hate mucous too. As a pet owner - and a wife, for that matter - I've had to clean up some nasty things when various lifeforms are unwell and sometimes with the animals even if they're not unwell, but still... mucous is the one and only thing I cant stand too! And yes, you nearly had me gagging! lol The shower thing, right?

The jerk-bitch was great! I vote you double points!

Great oneshot! I love that people send you challenges, it's gotta make life interesting for you!

Thanks for the dedication, btw, that adds to your points if you ask me! Tonsilitis is a competitive event? I think I must be onto something!
kokomocalifornia chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
great job. I love your oneshots
Phx chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
How the heck did I miss this? Oh I know, this danged site is being a bit ornery. Actually I think it is possessed! Salt'n burn, boys! Salt'n burn...

Okay now on to the fic. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I desperately needed a little under the weather Sammy and this hit the spot :) With the recent run on hurtDean, sickDean, fallingpartDean stories (I don't know how people are saying they can't find any owiedDean fics cause that seems to be the bulk of what I can find, lol), this is truly a treat!

As always you write the boys spot on. If not a little gross! As a mom of three, and a pet owner, I gotta say mucous (and vomit) are the two things that get me. I can handle poop no problem, lol! Man, did this review just take a weird twist or what?

Back to the story.

Once again - aw - I LOVED that Dean cancelled his date and that he didn't want Sam to know. I love seeing Dean put in situations where his caring side is forced out into public :P However, if the girl is half her weight in salt, she'll get an even bigger 'oh' for Dean because he was willing to do that.

My favorite part was Sam sneaking in a pseudo-hug... aw... and Dean's comment about snot on his shirt, lol! So Dean. He likes to huff and puff but deep down we know he's a cream puff when it comes to Sam. You know I think that is my favorite thing about Dean. He really doesn't give a rats ass about anything (except their father of course) like he does Sammy. His Sammy -

Aw... again THANK YOU!
shadow chapter 1 . 8/6/2007
That was cute. I can totally see big brother Dean canceling a date, in order to care for his brother. Good job.
Ciya chapter 1 . 8/4/2007
Life does get tasteless when you have a cold. Sick teenagers are no fun but at least Sam is going to have some interesting dreams.
Nessie chapter 1 . 8/4/2007
That was a really awesome and cute story. I like fics when they are young! Great way to show the brotherly love!
heather03nmg chapter 1 . 8/4/2007
Oh I see how it is, all I had to do ask nicely and I could have had a story written...and here I've been slaving away for you to get my story ;)

See how much I love you, I'm reading sick Sammy! Very sweet story, the fluff was cotton candy sweet!

My favorite scene,

Sam sniffled through his congested nose and sank deeper into the pillows. He allowed his head to list to the right and so what if it did land on Dean’s shoulder? He lacked the will to move it and besides, he kind of liked the pseudo-hug it allowed him to filch from his brother.

Can't get enough brotherly snuggles!

Cookies for you!