Reviews for desynchronization
The first chapter was incredible. the 3 following were good. then the rest were crap so I skimmed to the end. everyone out of their character, too many unnecessary words and explaing. It looks like you stopped thinking about the plot and just write whatever comes to mind so the result was too much to read, no mystery behind the words. you leave nothing for the imagination. I never bother to leave a not good critique, this is an exception because the first chapter was phenomenal and I think you could be an incredible author if you put more thought to what you write
duaimei chapter 6 . 5/4
I'm really loving this story so far, although it's past time to have Hikaru meet Sai.

Every time you mention Shinjuku station I remember my own misadventures there. Between it being my first experience with trains and subways, and my questionable sense of direction… Well, it makes for fond memories of awkward adventures.
Rainmy chapter 18 . 3/3
I doubt I'll ever find a Sai and Ogata fic better than this,it was so fulfilling,every item that makes a good fic is here.
you could tell you were taking careful care with the documentation,I don't remember having read many japanese original media fics where I felt like the characters were truly in Japan.
you took years to make it and I read it all in 2 days straight,was hard to keep my eyes away for long :P I'll admit I wanted the Hikaru and Akira sexual tension resolved as well though,no spinoff fic?
about it,this was so,almost...none sexual,and I mean this as a compliment,it's hard to find a writer who doesn't care much about smut, I am not against it when it is well placed,wich isn't very frequent,and Hikago is especially such a...almost asexual series,your fic depicted that esense well.
english isn't my firt lenguge so I had to search some words,again,usully I don't require doing this while redading fan fiction,another point for the fic.
as I say every time I finish a good read,thank you very much for writing this!
smaller chapter 18 . 2/21
Oh my gosh. This story is AMAZING. A friend who found out I loved Hikaru no Go linked this to me, and I was just blown away. I've spent the past two weeks doing nothing but working, sleeping, and thinking about this fic.

I wrote up a recommendation post about it on my tumblr, if you would like to read it. (( post/111620929682/fic-rec-friday-hikaru-no-go )) You made me really like Ogata, and frankly I can't think of a better ship for Sai than him, now!

I've never been so happy to cry reading a fic. Just, wow. THANK you for writing this story. It's everything I ever needed to read after the ending of the show/manga. I'm kind of selfishly glad that I didn't find it until after it was completed, because I was able to mainline it all at once without stopping, and it was GLORIOUS.

Ugh, thank you, thank you. This is a fic I will treasure forever.
Reinamy's Cloud chapter 18 . 1/23
Even after so many years (and re-reads) this remains to be one of my favorite HNG fics. Ever. It's just so fantastically written and wonderfully told.

Kudos x 100.
Goosen chapter 1 . 11/23/2014
You know, I never considered an Ogata x Sai romance before this story. However, you write the characters so beautifully that it kind of makes sense here :) Thanks for sharing!
rippleeffect08 chapter 18 . 10/26/2014
I finally sat down and starting reading this today (because this is really not my usual ship)...and I couldn't stop until the end. It's brilliant! You had me on tenterhooks throughout the entire fic! Ogata's possessiveness and jealousy was endlessly amusing, but also had me internally screaming "NOOO!" every time he didn't let Sai and Hikaru reunite. And the epilogue! OMG that was hot. I'm glad I finally decided to give this fic a chance. It is such a lovely lovely fic D
Ciekawa Osoba chapter 1 . 7/4/2014
This deserves a long, detailed review... and I can't give one right now. I do not want to favorite without saying anything, however. You revitalized Ogata for me, and interspersed this story with bunches of precious RL Japan tidbits! (and I didn't know about the Kanzenban until you informed me...)
This shall get the review it deserves on my next re-read. All I can say now is thank you for sharing this with us!
AA chapter 18 . 4/19/2014
Loved the story so much!
Tears Parallel chapter 18 . 1/31/2014
I don't know how many times I've read this, but I wanted to tell you that this is a masterpiece and I love it. I really enjoy how you've characterized Ogata; there are many things that make people upset about him, but despite his flaws you can see that he really treasures Sai and would try his best to make him happy. It's love that's perfect because of it's imperfections.
ibitsu chapter 18 . 12/17/2013
no matter how many times I read your story, and no matter how much time has past, it's still my favourite ever 3 3
RustedEagleWings chapter 18 . 10/7/2013
Beautiful. I loved the ending and Sai was amazing in this. I was so happy when Hikaru and Akira showed up as well as Touyo Koyou. Great story!
lazyxhime chapter 18 . 5/23/2013
I just finished rewatching Hikago. I had forgotten how heartbreaking it was and Sai's departure was almost emotionally crippling so I was hungry for a fic like this where Sai was back. This was such a satisfying read and it healed a lot of hurts. I remember having started this fic before it was finished but I don't I had finished it. It's fortunate for me cause I was now able to read it to the end and it was very emotionally satisfying. Thank you so much for sharing this story.
BlackNoSugarh chapter 18 . 3/16/2013
I know I'm ridiculously late with this but I just wanted to leave a short note to say that I just loved the story and that you basically made my day :)
Yuyukangkang chapter 18 . 3/13/2013
To be honest, I rarely read long fics which have more than 20k words. From more than 8 years I read FFdotnet, there're only 6 stories which have more than 20k words I read, and this fic is one of them. It's even the longest fic ever I've read, but I didn't regret it. I even hope there will be more of this T_T

And I'm glad I read it when its already end, because there were so many scenes I can't wait to read next (and you really make me want to know when will Sai meet Hikaru, and God, you need more than half from the whole chapters to make them meet, lol). Not that I regret it. I like the way you make the story slow. And the way you really did many researches for write this, really admirable. I'm not sure I can be that diligent if I'm in your shoes.

And the Sai-Koyo rivalry! Their relationship is one of my favorite relationship in this series. Not like Hikaru-Akira or other rival relationship which can be BL/romantic one, their relationship looks so special, because of their age difference and it's really clear Koyo won't have romantic relationship with Sai (he loves his wife and son, it's also clear). I like the way you write this relationship, really just the way I portray it in my mind (or to be clear, you make the blur-shape of their relationship become clear in my head because of your writings). When Sai disappeared, I pitied Koyo more than pitied Hikaru, because Hikaru has Akira, but Koyo can't get his eternal rival back :(

OMG so many blabbering forgive me. I really get excited after read this masterpiece! Pardon my bad English since it's not my first language. End words, please write more! I hope Hikaru will get along with Ogata. You know, since Ogata date Sai now, he would be like his father-in-law and it's really sad if they don't get along XD