Reviews for Brave Kid
Mayhem21 chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
So, I really love this one-shot. I'd also really like to see a follow-up. I've read this once or twice before and I've always been very curious about what exactly was up with Sam. Regardless, this story was very well written and it flowed really well and was an enjoyable read. Happy Writing ;)

~Thalia013
mousefiction chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
Wow, that was so cute and adorable. Just what I need right now (I watched the Fourth Kind and it freaked me out). So this helped calm me down by giving me an "aw.." moment.

Although, it was angsty as well.

And I don't think it was needed to know whey Sam was crying. I mean, living the life he did, at that age, it's not unusual for him to cry like that, epsecially at that age.

Anyway, I really enjoyed it. I have a soft spot for any fic that will mention Dean as a caregiver to Sam.

Thanks for sharing this wonderfully done fic.
Emi-Ly Sway chapter 1 . 11/10/2008
i really enjoyed it. Especially the little "sam will remember"

i'm curious to know why was sam crying...
jenilee chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
I ran across this the other day when the site was having it's little fit and wasn't able to review til today. Loved Dean's thoughts on how Sam shouldn't have to grow up as fast as he did, just proving how fast he himself had to grow up. Very nice story.
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
What? I want more! The ending was entirely unexpected... it came way too soon :) I was sucked in and then it was over! Here's hoping for a part 2!
Manavie chapter 1 . 9/17/2007
Aw that was really sweet and cute. Loved it and I'm a real sucker for brotherly love and fics where they are kids. Hope you'll write more of them!
xReadItAndWeepx chapter 1 . 8/13/2007
Aww..poor Dean. It's not easy being a Winchester is it? This was written wonderuflly and I loved the brotherly love going on. This is going to favorites.
supergirl3684 chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
Poor Sammy! Seems it's a good thing his big brother is dean! I do hope Sam remember Dean's birthday! Great story! Loved the interaction between the two!
Sanderspleen chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
Your writing is so amazing. This was such a great "break" from your other story. Now...GO FINISH "GONE"! I have been DYING to see you update because I'm so hooked on that story! It's been a while so tonight I just decided to check your profile, just in case there was something new up that you were working on instead and found this incredible piece. I'll help you look for your muse if you need me to...kind of like Peter finding his shadow. LOL! Lost without it.

So THANK YOU for this one shot because it was truly awesome...but you gotta get back to "Gone". 0)
pringle.sam chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
Aw! -stokes Dean's head and kisses Sammy's nose-

You ever gonna telltell what was going on with our Sam boy?
prolixmay chapter 1 . 8/5/2007
aww this was really sweet, I mean I don't really read wee!cheesters, but this one was quite detailed and very well put. I could seriously sense all the emotions that were radiated from Sammy's sob like state and Dean's concern towards his little brother, and the fact that his birthday was a couple of hours away. The ending was really nice, the way Dean just held Sammy, and let him hug Dean, and let him cry over Dean. And the fact that Dean just stroked Sammy's hair, soothing him, calming him, letting him know that he's there for Sammy. NICE JOB:)
ephiny63 chapter 1 . 8/5/2007
Hey Sweety

nice to see you back and wow what a lovely little piece to come back with. Poignant is the word that comes to mind.

Well done and I really hope that it wasn't the last hehehe HINT!

huggles Shelly
NovemberSGA chapter 1 . 8/4/2007
Well written. Bittersweet.

Poor Sam was trying to fight back his fears. It must have been something pretty awful to send him into an uncontrolled fit of sobbing. He was unable to even speak about it.

It's heartwarming that Dean would do anyting to make everything better for his little brother and just as sweet that Sam seeks and gains comfort from his big brother.

It's so very sad though, that Dean feels like he's failed in some way because Sam is upset.

Those poor boys have had a lot of tragedy, terror and lonliness in their lives with little or no comfort except from each other.

Sam never got to experience having a mother and Dean's childhood was left behind at the age of four becoming a sort of surrogate father for his little brother as John seems to be absentee for days or weeks at a time. Both boys far more mature than any child should have to be.

It's pretty bad to think John wouldn't care to mention or even remember his own son't birthday.

But Dean takes heart, SAMMY will remember!
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 8/4/2007
Awesome onehot of just how protective Dean is of his little brother, and how just by being there, Dean can soothe Sammys feelings and take away the faers that the boy sfferas from and make them better!
maxandkiz chapter 1 . 8/4/2007
Loved it! That was so sweet! Poor Sam was trying to be brave.