Reviews for The Legend of Zelda: A World at War
TheChargingRhino chapter 13 . 3/25
...Hello...It has been 8 years since this was last updated, but if you EVER decide to start this back up, I'll be following this.
HelixHero chapter 1 . 1/21/2015
Nice! Hyrulean is actualy Hylian.
BabyGurl278 chapter 13 . 9/18/2008
It's good to see you updating again. ] It has been a while, but it's good to see that you haven't given up on this story. It's great to see you both continuing with it.

I'm sorry to hear that things aren't going well, and I hope everything turns out okay.

I'm also sorry for the late review. I actually forgot you have updated because of school and work. I'm actually at school right now finally able to find time to catch up and review before my next class starts. Yay me!

Now onward to the review.

I have to admit I did forget what had happened in the previous chapter. I had to do a quick skim through to get my memory back, but as I was reading everything slowly started to fall into place.

There was only one sentence that sort of through me off:

"Thrall-master Dietrich Gertracht, a man in his early fifties who had been with the Brynyan military his entire working life, was a resentful and wretched man."

You mentioned "man" twice and it seemed a bit repetitive. That's all.

Other than that the chapter was pretty good and now I'm curious to knowing what is going to happen next. Are Link and Rawne okay? Hm, I have a feeling they are, but hey you never know. Hehe.

Oh, and this might be because of the computer I am on, but there were these weird square boxes that appeared at the end of some sentences and actually cut some sentences off. I don't think it's really a problem, because it could just be this stupid computer. lol. Oh well.

Another great chapter! I think I rambled long enough. Good luck with the next chapter! Hope to read it soon.

Da Sharpshoota chapter 13 . 9/14/2008
I was afraid you guys had given up on this story! Glad to see its not totally dead! While personally I think it could have been far better since you had two months to do it lol, I'm not going to complain. I'm just glad to see more of this story! The bit with the tank getting jammed with grass made me lol, though if you think about it I guess it COULD happen. Well, not really. Maybe you were really tired lol? Or maybe it was the goddesses fucking over the Brynyans to help their Hyrulean minions. Haha, I think thats it. Well, I liked the chapter and am really glad to see it updated and hope you guys can get at least two more out before Christmans, though hopefully far more! Good luck! ;)
r2d2cool chapter 13 . 9/11/2008
cool
Anubyte07 chapter 12 . 8/25/2008
I like what you two have done here. It seems to me that the whole story is going the way of WWII though. Are you going to include more about the fantasy side of The Legend of Zelda? I enjoyed the background about the Sea of Jade and I would like to see the stroy eventually get tied in with it somehow. Myabe after a few battles that make Link a hero or something he gets sent on a secret mission into the Sea of Jade to find something to counter a Powerful Magic weapon the enemy is using. The abttles are cool but I just hope that more of the LOZ parts make it in.
crash and burnn chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
hey i was wondering since its has been awhile from the last chapter have you given up on this story? i just wanted to know because you are writing a great story and i would like to read more of it if i can.
rosybell chapter 2 . 8/1/2008
So, the Brynyan is German (or they speak it). Do they think of Brynyan as the motherland too? It seems that Termina symbolizes France. Though, it alao seems that to some extent, this is a religious war. Interesting story, haven't read anything this good for awhile. Nice job guys. ;)
BabyGurl278 chapter 12 . 7/8/2008
An update! Yes! Like I said before, this had made my day oh so better.

Let me start with a few mistakes I noticed. In the paragraph that starts out with: "Goddess of Courage, hear my cry. I will fight with honor, and with honor die," (which is a pretty creative chant, by the way) I noticed that there some spacing errors between seteneces in that paragraph. Some pacing was needed.

Also I noticed there are some unecessary commas through out the chapter. I tend to do the same myself when writing. I'm a little comma-happy.

Now, onto the chapter. The dream sequence in the beginning was really interesting to read. Ingo was a bit freaky and it was great to see all of Link's family. I had a funny feeling the girl at the end was Malon, but knowing me I could be wrong.

I adore the friendship between Colin and Link. I really hope the two of them make it out of the war alive. I have a feeling Link may survive but I'm also praying Colin does as well.

The ending speech was deep and I could imagine him giving the speech and then all of a sudden another battle breaks loose. The moment was perfect and then BAM, action explodes all around them.

This was another well written and intriging chapter. You both are doing an excellent job with this.

Hope to see another udpate soon.

East89 chapter 12 . 7/6/2008
Nice chapter laddie :D I hope you well get to some major kickass part of the story soon... Maybe they will save Malon and Co next chapter... Or Link will recieve some kind of instincts from his previous incarnations as the hero of hyrule and become some kind of super soldier :D I hope something big happens soon
Shadecaster chapter 11 . 6/10/2008
well then

I see your point with the Malon issue. I guess i just got ahead of myself. At least i know for certain that you havent forgotten her. A very nice chapter for her id say. Randulf was a bit creepy. i love it, wonderful characterization. And the small discussion on the idiocy and illogical points of trying to escape made me stand back and lugh a little. no one ever puts that kind of stuff, its always "BAM!, were gonna escape and all of us will live while the factory that makes the weapons is going to go boom in a fantastic explosion with a bomb made from materials that no one else could make a bomb out of" Its nice to see you guys add a little more reality to the situation. though their little eavsdropper makes me think what ever plan they CAN come up with is going to go down the drain. whether thats good or bad only you two will know ( at least until you tell us;D ).

And gthe General's little bit was quite tasteful too. poor annoying lacky never had a chance. But these "Thantos Legions" you mention... im hoping its something from the Zelda universe.

My Iron Knuckles perhaps? Though the "semi-retarded inbreeds" label makes me think theyre closer to moblins...

On a more personal note im sorry that it took me awhile to review your new chapter. My email account isnt working on my laptop for some reason, but only that and only on my laptop. SO! in the mean time i have to use the dinosaur thats on the desk. it works fine but...well lets just leave it at that. Im hoping this issue fixes itself in time for your massive influx of new chapters that you have so readily promised. if not...

just pray for me. but always remember:

Keep on Writing!

-Shadecaster
BabyGurl278 chapter 11 . 6/9/2008
Well, I've been out of school for a couple of weeks now so I'm able to review quicker now. I'm excited and I'm happy to see you guys have both updated! It has been a while, but it's good to see that you both are okay, lol.

The description in the beginning was well written and I could picture everything that Malon was witnessing which was pretty gross. I feel really bad for her and everyone else that is in the prison. It's good to see "the gang" thinking of a plan to escape. And Ike and Sothe making weapons. How cool!

The last part, with Dragmire was intense. He's pretty violent shooting that guy in the forehead like that. Wow, I wouldn't want to cross paths with him. Though, the ending was pretty confusing and I don't know if it is because my knowledge of WWII is low or because the heat wave that we are witnessing. My head is killing me and I'm exhausted from work, but I couldn't pass up the opporunity of reading. Don't take that the wrong way, because you guys are doing a terrific job so it's obviously me. ]

I'm estatic to see what's going to happen next. I'm sad to see this is the last Malon chapter for a while but it's good to focus on Link. I'm curious to know if he is doing better. Along with Colin.

Keep up the good work boys!

r2d2cool chapter 11 . 6/9/2008
jdtyjcgdjhncxyfhndtxyhbxc
BabyGurl278 chapter 10 . 5/8/2008
A shorter chapter than the previous one but still just as enjoyable. The beginning reminded me like I was a watching a movie and everything written was spoken by some narrator with a deep voice. I just couldn't help but imagine that for some reason.

So Colin and Link are still out and it's good to see Tancred back into the game once more.

The ending with Malon was pretty upsetting. I was wondering when you guys were going to focus on her again, but that was sudden and unexpected. Poor Malon. I feel bad and I loved Ike's ending sentence.

Keep up the good work!

I await your next update, and 20 chapters...wow. I can't wait.

BabyGurl278 chapter 9 . 5/8/2008
Ah yes! I'm here and back from my absence realizing that I'm once again falling behind in this. Well, I'm glad to say that I quite enjoyed reading this after a long tiring day of college. ]

This is getting better and better. I loved how Beth was brought into the picture and my gosh could that be Ganondorf? Dun. Dun. Dun. lol.

It seems Colin is starting to be a lil hero now. I loved how he ran to Link's aid and is determined to help him no matter what. Poor Link though. I hope he is going to be okay, but I have a feeling he is. ]

I'm off to the next chapter.

51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »