Reviews for Must Be Genetic
Souseiki chapter 5 . 8/21
With that ending, I had to sit up and mentally scream. It was reallt adorable and hilarious. Her friendship dynamics with her cousins seemed more evolved than their first train ride. I like it, particularly Rose's "greatest insult" to Toby's grades. The grading scale that Toby renamed seems like such a Dursley thing to do. My heart soared a bit with how in character it was. I hope you find time to add to this universe again one day. Your writing is always a pleasant read.
Souseiki chapter 4 . 8/21
Hm interesting personality pairings. James' character seemed on point. It was a funny contrast to Toby's "I could care less" attitude. Her frenemies with benefits or secret lovers bit with Scorpius could have been a bit more built up. But I do like the ease and banter that you give them.
Souseiki chapter 3 . 8/21
It's refreshing to see their mayhem from a teacher's point of view. Especially with one who recognizes the resemblance. The ficlet style explains the shortness of the chapters, but it still leaves me with wanting more descriptions about their lives. You managed well within the restrictions you set on yourself.
Souseiki chapter 2 . 8/21
The abruptness of the chapter perfectly fits how people will snap back to reality after a distraction. It's good to see that in this story, Scorpius isn't an only child. I'm excited to see his and Toby's dymamic in the house.
Souseiki chapter 1 . 8/21
I like the change of heart and character that Dudley seemed to have passed on to his daughter. I really liked the name October, which surprised me. She fits her dad's rich upbringings but also balances it with the civility he aquired as he grew older. According to Rowling, Harry and Dudley were on greeting card terms. It's such a shame that the kids, as second cousins, didn't meet sooner. I am pretty pumped to see Harry's reaction, though. This is a lovely take on the Dudley has a magical kid trope.
ImLostForever chapter 5 . 4/26/2015
I love it! I hate that Snape changed her her like that, without her permission, but it is in character for him, at least.
Lynne chapter 5 . 2/1/2015
I love this so much. Toby is October to honour people, her snark (and relationship) with Scorpius and the 'Angel of Potions'. I really enjoyed the Neville chapter and Scorpius' s sorting. I think that you wrote Snape quite well in this chapter and I LOVE the hair dye instead of hair growth potion. I would enjoy reading a family get together with the Dursleys and Potters even if it is just a meeting on platform 9&3/4
sfox88 chapter 5 . 10/19/2014
Well. The hair part is amusing.
jmethelin chapter 5 . 4/15/2014
Lovely story! Toby is an absolute riot!
Random Person with No Name chapter 5 . 12/24/2013
It was great- I love how Snape "messed up" the directions to give Toby red hair.
DannyBird chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
it was such a nice story. a little twist at the end
fireylight chapter 5 . 8/29/2012
I loved this! Beautiful writing :)
shyarra chapter 3 . 3/11/2012
(an hour early, the eager little geeks)

I can't get over how much I love this phrase.
humanthesaurus chapter 5 . 2/29/2012
well that's creepy.
humanthesaurus chapter 4 . 2/29/2012
no. You didn't. was kinda obvious. man the next gen is really snoggy.