Reviews for Comforting Regression
FaBbEr0oZ chapter 2 . 2/1/2015
I'm astonished actually. Curious as to how you got so much into so little words. Well done
Oystercatcher1 chapter 2 . 9/20/2013
This story is like a scalpel itself - horrifyingly painful and yet providing a weird consolation. There are so many powerful and conflicting emotions. I don't think I have read something this powerful before in such a brief story. Brief but complex.
seven8879 chapter 2 . 3/5/2013
wow...
jollypantsxcore chapter 2 . 11/28/2007
I like how this could've been like a oneshot.

It was highly gruesome, but the detailed events are indeed captivating, if not slightly sickening.

I tend to like your fics more than others because they somtimes delve so deeply into Janeway's (Amalgamation) or Seven's psyche.

The character development that you've portrayed here is dark and twisted, with angst and depression working together to weave an ever darker plot (at least in the first chapter), and yet, I still so enjoyed the gore and oddity of it.

Kudos, darling.
DianeB chapter 2 . 10/7/2007
Whew, well, thanks for THAT chapter! I must totally agree with Singing V again about the fact that *either* woman could sit there and eat that silly sandwich. Yuck. But other than that, you told an excellent story, withOUT taking 30 chapters to do it. Plus I loved your use of the word "refulgence." Nice.

I'm going with sperm donor. I'm an old-fashioned grrl. ;)
Rono777 chapter 1 . 8/29/2007
WOW! Excellent story - Thanks...
NeoTroi79 chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
I LOVED the mirror imagery. wonderful!
NeoTroi79 chapter 2 . 8/16/2007
YAY! .reviews for happy ending. I loved it!
T'Vau chapter 2 . 8/14/2007
Damn. You always catch me on everything.

Thank you, though.

I couldn't decide whether to use "betrayed" or not, because I thought it could go both ways, but I do think belied is better.

And the baby...

Hmm...I like the latter option. Two eggs to form a zygote, or perhaps an anonymous sperm donor. It's definitely not Chakotay, though. :P
Singing Violin chapter 2 . 8/13/2007
First of all, thank you. Not as much of comforting Seven as I'd hoped, but it was in character for Kathryn to be angry (though presumably *someone* is going to have to figure out why Seven did it and counsel her so she won't try again). Ew that Kathryn can sit there and eat peanut butter while Seven throws up (and double ew that Seven goes ahead and eats too right afterwards).

And bad Seven, for making the Admiral cry!

There are some typos/wrong words. I'm pretty sure when something is "betrayed" it means that it's revealed. You might want "belied." Also, "I had [a] dog" and "you [try to] kill yourself" (because she didn't succeed). And it should be "I couldn't [bear] to get rid of him" (not "bare" which would mean she was getting naked...teehee...)

I have just one question - whose baby is it? (Chakotay? Anonymous sperm donor? Technology allowing two eggs to form a zygote?)
DianeB chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
Great heavens, "squeamish" ain't a strong enough warning! While I have in the past found your stories to be delightfully wicked, this one is tragic and sad, not to mention disturbing. I'm honestly amazed at how you can squeeze *so much* of it into a mere 400 words!

I agree with Singing Violin, in that I hope - to god - you will throw us a bone and have Janeway find her in time. Otherwise, um, eww. (Hey, but if you were hoping for "eww" reviews, then this story has surely accomplished its goal.)
Singing Violin chapter 1 . 8/6/2007
Whoa, that's brutal! SI, guilt, regret over C7 - it's got it all! Can you please add a sequel in which Kathryn finds and rescues her?