Reviews for A Touch of Frost
Guest chapter 3 . 12/11/2020
I'm sorry, but to work in a secret library full of old magic books - boring? For a person who loves books and loves attaining knowledge? Impossible.
Guest chapter 6 . 12/11/2020
Oh no, this is 'Hermione know best and will fix everything with muggle ideas' scenario with 'lets invite Snape and enjoy making him uncomfortable on top of it'. Everyone seems to be forgetting that having different dormitories and classes is a norm for many schools, it's not unique. There already is a choir in Hogwarts, and there are clubs. Not to mention the animosity between houses doesn't really exist. In the books people are cheering for teems against slytherin only after the latter openly use every dirty trick to win, so everyone is annoyed at that. Of course there is some competition and of course one knows people in their classes/their neighbours in the dormitory better than someone from a different class, that's inevitable. You can't know everyone. But no one in real life expects people to be exactly as their dormitory's motto says. Why is it that in fanfics the great division is passed on as gospel and no one bothers to look into things Rowling actually wrote? At least it would make it original. Malfoy is a little shit because he behaves like a little shit from the first moment. And Harry doesn't have any quarrels inviting a ravenclaw out for a date.
The hat division or not they can't all live in one big room. One way or another students are always divided into groups. So what is wrong with dividing them according their inclinations and wishes? They are still different and everyone knows that.
Anyway, 'patronising' is a good word for Hermione here. Describes her perfectly. Except she is smart enough to grow out the 'I'm smarter than everyone and everyone should do as I see fit' stage by now. That's a teenager Hermione and her houseelves campaign, not a grown up speaking.
Guest chapter 5 . 12/11/2020
I liked the beginning and the way the story flows, but this chapter doesn't seem very believable. You wrote too well how intrusive and annoying Hermione was and that she gets angry without any right to be angry. She speaks as if being friends is obligatory for colleagues. A former student, who only had been his colleague for a few months, breaks into Snape's quarters in the middle of the night, and she expects him to suddenly become her friend and trust her and gets angry that he doesn't? And berates him for that? And gets angry that he starts screaming when she ignores him telling her to leave? She says that she understands how one feels when people barge in with good intentions, but she clearly doesn't, here she is one of those people who are so sure that their company is needed and talking to them will be better than being alone, that they don't stop to think that people are different and they could make it worst, and try to pile up guilt on top of everything when the person isn't as happy to see them, as they planned.
In this chapter Snape giving in to her badgering doesn't feel believable, him accepting that she was right doesn't feel believable, because the way she talks doesn't really feel right. I guess, you were too good at writing her intrusive and not actually caring about anything except for her own opinion.
Having said that, I guess you needed a way in, so hopefully it's just a fluke and it will flow more naturally from here.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/14/2020
I HATE THIS MY SISTER WAS READING IT AND I STARTED PUNCHING HER! DO NOT MAKE THESE ANY MORE FOR HER TO READ PLEASE... IT WOULD REALLY MAKE ME FEEL BETTER. NOT TRYING TO BE RUDE I AM SURE ITS GREAT COULD YOU FIND ANOTHER WEB SITE PLEASE?
Guest chapter 7 . 4/27/2020
Me temo que veo Hermione aquí tonta, creida y hipócrita. ..
Imwaiting4myAliceandEdward chapter 28 . 7/28/2019
I loved this story! From the slow build to action to plot, you did a great job. Thank you! I love how you incorporated Luna’s game and the stone, Severus’s spying, and Draco’s secret crush that Hermione learned while in disguise. Amazing plot. Stayed up far later than I should have in order to finish reading this.
Stinarpa chapter 28 . 2/28/2018
Thank you very much for your story. I really liked it very much, especially because you developed it so slowly that everyone could stay in character. And I'm glad you gave Snape a chance to life and even to love after the war... :)
Stinarpa chapter 19 . 2/27/2018
Thanks a lot for your story. I like it very much so far. And I don't think it develops too slow. You're right, it's more realistic like that, and I really like watching Snape taking two steps forward and one step back all the time.
MyWitch chapter 28 . 1/5/2018
Hello! I don't know if you are still involved in fandom, or even see these reviews, but I had to take a second to let you know how very, very much I loved this story! Snape and Granger were both wonderfully in character and I loved the intricate plot with all the kidnappings and mysteries and amazing magic. Thanks so much for writing this and sharing it, and for leaving it up here on this site so that people like me who are newer to this world can access and enjoy it. I can't believe English is not your first language. There were a few SPAG errors, but honestly not noticeably more than in any other fic.

Oh, you also asked if readers preferred this story or ItCWMtM and I have to say that I prefer this one, but really only because I think the plot was woven in a little tighter here. I also really love your other story.

Cheers!
Dontgotaclue88 chapter 28 . 9/18/2017
Loved it! Thank you for sharing your story!
mzsha18XX chapter 28 . 7/13/2017
beautiful.
SaiyaCat chapter 28 . 10/26/2016
Epic I Literally vibrating in my seat with Excitement and Clapping!
SaiyaCat chapter 9 . 10/25/2016
SO Cute
bazjack chapter 28 . 10/5/2016
Hi, scf. I have read both your stories - this one several times - and I prefer this one. I think it's because it has more in the way of plot driving it. The other one seems rather aimless sometimes. Both are enjoyable, though. Thank you!
Guest chapter 9 . 9/4/2015
Awww, Snape being made the object of ridicule is always so romantic.