Reviews for Sand Castles
Kenny's SpaceCadet chapter 1 . 7/31/2008
Hm, something tells me you have not been so inspired by this fic lately...

Please update soon if you can.
YaoiSongstress07 chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
An adorable breath of fresh air. Unique, crisp and innovative. I loved the entire concept behind this story. Fresh and original. I hope this isn't your last fic. Try another original backdrop. I'm sure you'll do an amazing job at it. (adds Author/Story to faves)
Xedra chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
Mad Fangirl Squealing over here! I adore this!
moon71 chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
Simply gorgeous.

I really do like this "Shuichi and Eiri in later years" format - they still have problems to sort out but they've both grown up a lot and are able to enjoy their life together. And this sunny story is perfect for the summer! Even if I hardly know the rules of volleyball, who cares?

First of all, the idea itself of a "busman's holiday", is charming. But even more so is Shuichi - his cries of “He’s alive! Yuki’s alive!” and "I broke my precious Yuki!" are just priceless. I also liked the fact that he doesn't burst into tears or have a tantrum over Yuki's behaviour, he just broods quietly and ignores him, as I'm sure he would learn to do after several years of someone as unpredictable and sometimes thoughtless as Eiri.

Eiri is also brilliant - you really do have him down to a tee. With his troubled childhood and his "reinvention" of himself, its hardly surprising he doesn't know the difference between a competition and a game, and through that you've given us another really interesting angle on him. Yuki-the-bastard has a very limited scope and makes for very dull fanfics; Yuki the complicated and troubled, is far more interesting. I also liked the little details - being a niggler over stupid details, I have always wondered what he wears his glasses for, seeing as he wears them to read and type; either way the idea of his having prescription sunglasses was a nice little touch.

And last but not least, Hiro - again the perfect friend, and not only that but the perfect human being. He understands simple things that are quite beyond Eiri's comprehension unless they're explained to him and he understands Shuichi so absolutely. His declaration that HE is winning is so true - I can just see Eiri wanting to strangle him for constantly being right!

The broken nose... yes, I did manage to decipher Eiri's blocked up speech! I've read far worse! The idea of having your nose reset by K - ooh, it was making me feel queasy just reading it. But I have heard of people undergoing such an "operation" under very similar circumstances! Yuck!

Oh... and did I mention that the "beach sex" was gorgeous too?
snowwhite4444 chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
I almost did a dance at my computer when I saw you had a new story up :D I didn't, because my parents already have serious doubts about my sanity, but I was that happy I could have! You always hit the nail on the head with your stories; you have the characters down so perfectly it's completely believable. The idea is really original as well. I hope you get another chapter out soon!
KyoHana chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
Perfect... absolutely perfect! I can see that these one-shots are going to be EVERY bit as good as the ones from 'Cotton Candy Snow'. And just like those, I know that I'll be reading these again and again.

I truly do love how your write the Yuki/Shuuichi relationship because it's just how I picture them!

I think you need to make a complete series - one set for each season!
supershu-chan chapter 1 . 8/7/2007

I cannot believe I just read this at my grandma's house.

-falls out of chair laughing-

This was SO well-done, it's undescribable (word?). Brilliantly written, as always. You have the power to make me giggle, and chuckle, and laugh so hard I can't breathe...("In more ways than one." OMG! I'm laughing just typing it.)

And, of course, adorable concept. I love your Hiro. LOVE! He and Shu are so cute, and yeah, I liked it when romance-man got hurt too. He kinda deserved it. But that's okay, 'cause he made everything right and fluffy and oh-so-yummy at the end!

Exceptional work as always! -throws an ice cream sundae-
Andra Sashner chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
Oh, Yuki, when are you going to learn? Really funny reading about how out-of-control these two are, even in a public place. No kidding on the "very" active part of their lives together. Nice to see Hiro here and his "you and me against the world" was quite touching -wasn't expecting it to sum them up so well.

Am looking forward to seeing what else these two get up to; what else Shuichi will "give back" to Yuki (that was a nice touch). Now while I love seeing Yuki in a bit of pain (bad me) and it being all because of his own stubborn self, its nice to see that (as he should) he learns his lessons pretty darn quickly.
i love athrun chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
scorch66 chapter 1 . 8/6/2007
Lol! This has got to be one of the most unique Grav oneshot! The idea of Yuki and Shu playing beach volleyball was fantabulous! You're awesome!:)