Reviews for Getting Right
Cutter12 chapter 4 . 3/22/2013
You described all of the emotions Don was going through very well.
RawSon.M chapter 4 . 5/31/2009
This is good. Is there more?
Magister Equitum chapter 4 . 8/18/2007
Wonderful. Charlie to the rescue. The percent idea was great; right on track with what Charlie would have said. Very apt. chapter title. :)
merryw chapter 4 . 8/17/2007
Charlie in "protective, comforter mode" - YAY! Great chapter!
supergirl3684 chapter 4 . 8/17/2007
Someone should warn Don about NOT giving his doctor a heart attack! Great chapter! Tons of feelings in the story with out having to write the feeling...great job! Can't wait for more!
supergirl3684 chapter 3 . 8/14/2007
I love that Bradford wasn't willing to take Don's attitude no matter the problem..poor Don...going through it all alone, at least in the begining...I hope Allan and Charlie keep thier wits and patience about them...can't wait for more!
simanis chapter 3 . 8/14/2007
This is very enlightening... didn't know such things ... depression is a severe disease.. hope Don gets better and not worse...

I think its how you live your life and how you take the ups and downs, sometimes people just can't take it, they want it to be smooth sailing all the time...

this is good. let's see how in the next chapter... good one

3rdgal.
Magister Equitum chapter 3 . 8/14/2007
You do a damn good job of Bradford. Very nice. Hopefully we can help Don and put him back on his feet. I know a guy who takes SSRIs. They can mess with you if you're not careful. Looking forward to the next.
Zubeneschamali chapter 3 . 8/14/2007
"“I sulk in my apartment.” How’s that for a euphemism, Doc?"

Nice. You've captured the tone of Don's sessions with Bradford very well while taking them in a new direction. Very true to the characters.
Magister Equitum chapter 2 . 8/10/2007
Wonderful. The Bradford was wonderfully written in character. I can really see him doing that. And I can also see Don being defensive as most people are. I have a really close friend that went through some depression issues this past year and is still going through it. When she first started it was hard for her to see any of it, but you don't see it because you are on the inside and not on the outside. So, kudos for that.
Zubeneschamali chapter 2 . 8/9/2007
Bradford rocks. I can really see him responding to Don like that, and more importantly, Don responding to him. Great job!
merryw chapter 2 . 8/9/2007
Well done! Very realistic!
supergirl3684 chapter 2 . 8/9/2007
Ah leave it too dad! Always a good lie detector when it comes to sons! :) I can't wait to see how the doctor's appointment goes! I need more! Please! See, I can ask nicely!
L. Burke chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
Wow!

I need to congratulate for tackling a serious and very misunderstood issue and doing it wonderfully. You have written here in magnificent detail depression’s capacity to completely undermine a person’s ability to cope, the way it twist mental processes, and the horrible suffering it brings.

Did you know that suicide from untreated mental illnesses like depression is the third leading cause of death in people under 40 in the United States? Left untreated it can be just as deadly as cancer, HIV or any other disease. Alan and Charlie must realize right now their in for the long fight for Don’s life.

Kay Redfield Jamison in her book “Night Falls Fast” had a line from Douglas Dunn’s poem “Disenchantments” that drew her back to life after a serious bout of depression...

Look to the living, love them, and hold on.

Keep up the great work!
supergirl3684 chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
This is an amazing story! Sounds like Don's going through some pretty harsh emotions...I hope he called Bradford...sometimes talking is the best thing to do...can't wait for more!