Reviews for Good Surprises
Running-Wild22 chapter 3 . 2/2/2014
The Alia/Paul thing is creepy.
Running-Wild22 chapter 1 . 2/2/2014
Well this a take I didn't expect. But I'm tentatively happy to see Irulan get some happiness in her life.
Sailor Onyx Pluto chapter 5 . 12/18/2012
While I've had this on my Favorites list for a while, I never actually got around to reading it until now and it is very intricate and complex. I had to read a few passages over to make sure I understood where the story was going, but it's written much like the Dune books themselves, so I would have to give it a very enthusiastic thumbs-up.
Jo Mama chapter 2 . 1/4/2010
The little sister wanted him? Dude seek help!
O.O chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
You seem disturbed...maybe some help should be sought?
Morwen Tindomerel chapter 1 . 9/8/2008
Uncanonical and more then slightly indecent - but I like it! Poor Irulan really got a bad deal in the series, this makes it better. Besides it's good to see even a messianic emperor can be twisted around the fingers of his two women!
Mercury Gray chapter 2 . 4/1/2008
I started reading the first chapter of this story and was kind of interested: Irulan is the very proud sort who would only do something like that if the Bene Gessarit told her to, and I was intrigued as to where you would go with that.

But then I got to this chapter, and at about the second paragraph, your unprofessional voice really put me off the rest of the peice. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great premise, but the style in which you present it leaves something to be desired. Your little humourous interjections take something away from the writing. "It may surprise you to find that the little sister of Muad'Dib loved her older brother, in an intimate way you wouldn't possibly think possible. (Unless you're from Kentucky!)" It's just not professional, and quite frankly, really inappropriate in general.

I don't know if you've read Frank Herbert's books, but in my mind they're really serious, and the type of jokes you're making here just don't fit. I think this could be a really great story if you treat the subject seriously and approach it without the jokes. (Editing out the excess ellipsises would be a good idea, too)
and then john was a zombie chapter 2 . 12/31/2007
Ooh, whoops, cruise control for cool was on there. But still... ugh.

(but can I say leagues better than Brian and Kevin, sir. they really fecked up the series)
and then john was a zombie chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
YOU FORGOT THE HUMOR GENRE!