Reviews for Here and Now Redux
atruwriter chapter 6 . 11/20/2007
Really enjoyed the natural flow of all this. You caught the Eli/Rick relationship perfectly. Well, I noticed that you hadn't updated in awhile, but you are re-writing, right? So, I shouldn't fear that this won't be updated? It would be a shame to leave it at this. The Once and Again category has been rather lacking in good stories, but it's always great to stumble across a gem like this. Fantastic work! I hope to read more from you soon!
atruwriter chapter 5 . 11/20/2007
I like that you kept the Lily-worry so real. She tends to mother Grace to an almost smothering height. It's sweet in some ways and others you just want to tell her to leave her alone, lol. I like this though. It's working out well. Everyone is very much in character and the writing is top notch. I loved Eli's explanation of how the world seemed to stop spinning when he was with her. :D Great work!
atruwriter chapter 4 . 11/20/2007
Finally! She says what I was thinking from the beginning! It was totally unfair of him to think that she'd just be this background brain for him. Like she wasn't good enough to be seen in public with him. Yes, he made the obvious step to include her today, but he didn't really explain her presence. I like that he chased after her, it shows that he really did feel bad about it, but I think they needed this. It was a great fight. So often, people don't write the fights. They just have everything work out perfectly, but I like this. It's realistic. Great work!
atruwriter chapter 3 . 11/20/2007
You've really captured Eli here. He's talking about feeling like a failure and admitting that he's afraid to tell his dad anything about school for fear of becoming what he believes RIck thinks him as. I like that neither parents have figured out what's going on between the two yet. That they have this secret friendship and don't even know what's coming.

"No, really, you know you can talk to me about anything." - I think this line really shows how far they've come just in their little English lessons. That he's willing to talk to her and listen to her says something. Eli Sammler just isn't the type to care, but he genuinely wants to know what's up with her.

Great chapter. I really enjoyed it.
atruwriter chapter 2 . 11/20/2007
I like how this chapter starts. It's very realistic, with Grace evaluating herself and finding faults. I like how Carla was the one who unintentionally suggested he go to Grace. He didn't know her, not even her name, but it was all intwined quite nicely. Her love of English, his lack of understanding. He's not dumb, Shakespeare can be hard to decipher. I know I had troubles with it when I was younger. It was a great scene of her helping him though. She didn't laugh, she wasn't condescending, she just walked him through it. It was great.
atruwriter chapter 1 . 11/20/2007
Great first chapter. I like how it went. There wasn't an immediate 'love at first sight' type thing, which I liked. It was rather natural. I like that Grace had the guts to interrupt and let him know what she thought. In later episodes, she helps him with lyrics, doesn't she? So it's a great jumping off point for this story. Nice work.
heatherlynn28 chapter 6 . 8/12/2007
oh boy and here their falling for each other yet so are their parents well it better not mess things up for their
heatherlynn28 chapter 3 . 8/9/2007
love this story i hope they get
italyfilez chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
Do you need someone to beta for you? I can proofread this story, if you'd like.
dshortklutz chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
I like that you came back to this story. Please update soon.