Reviews for Pleasant Surprises, Welcomed Changes
Really good stick with it.
at-nightfall chapter 5 . 4/25
Amelia Bones shouldn't be able to free Sirius without at least some court ruling.
Fudge shouldn't have any say in the freeing of Sirius. He is a Politician, not a Judge.
Don't give Remus any extra powers. Either find some other way for the information you want to be available, or build the story with having incomplete information.
at-nightfall chapter 2 . 4/25
Sunrise in London on July 15th is 05:00. I wouldn't expect it to be warm enough for tanning before 09:00.
Why would Daphne's mother asked to be called Marie instead of Mrs. Greengrass? Especially if wizard society is a bit old fashioned?
You are in the UK, in the 1990es. A lot of shops close at 17:00. Others at 18:00. Big shops in London might be open until 20:00. Why should the opening times for Wizard shops differ?
at-nightfall chapter 1 . 4/25
You don't have air condition in UK homes. The UK has a very temperate (oceanic) climate. There are summer weeks where the day temperatures reach 30C, but they are rare. Night temperatures are lower and homes are build from stone, not from drywall. So with a bit of care to ventilate at night, temperatures inside homes are quite acceptable on hot days. The only exceptions are badly or not isolated attics. Now air condition in cars got quite common between 1990 and 2010. But there was a depression between 1990 and 2000 in the UK so you kept your old car if possible.

In UK and German climate thunderstorms usually happen in the afternoon.
The thunderstorm might break the spell of good weather and we are back to drizzle or rain.

For children those rare hot days are the best days of the summer. We even hat "Hitzefrei" (a day free of school due to hot weather) sometimes. For us grown ups it varies heavily. I have some female aquaintances who are underweight, and they love the hot days. Some of the more overweight guys can't stand them.
My parents take those days of, drive to the beach and go into the wadden sea.
The Hidden Gryffindor chapter 5 . 4/10
Hey I really do hope you update soon!
dashuria-embel chapter 5 . 3/25
very good...totally enjoyed reading it...hope you update soon... :)
God of Vampires aka Alucard chapter 5 . 3/16
Great job looking forward to this being continued.
serasgiovanni chapter 5 . 3/15
actualiza pronto
Ol'Joe chapter 5 . 3/12
I love to see work of this caliber. Hope someday you come back to it.
HanseDavion chapter 5 . 3/12
Great story, like stories with HP/DG pairings second to HP/HG. When will you be able to update it?
123irish chapter 5 . 12/31/2014
more chapters!
Runecutter chapter 1 . 11/22/2014
Quite a different summer.
I like the flirty banter, but seriously that is rapidly escalating... do they feel that secure about the other one to not fear they're going too far with these notions? I'm pretty sure book-Harry would have been mortified about the picture ,hile a normal 15 year old girll would need a lot of attraction to not get furious about the boy talking so openly about using (the thought of) her as wanking material...

I'm not saying that it's impossible or inappropriate, just that the timing feels off ... were there a dozen letters in between the racy ones... yeah okay... but the second or third answer already being so explicit?
WhiteElfElder chapter 5 . 8/7/2014
Looks like Albus and Snape are going to be in for quite some trouble...I can't wait.
WhiteElfElder chapter 4 . 8/7/2014
Albus and lies just seem to go together like crap and flies.
WhiteElfElder chapter 3 . 8/7/2014
What about Harry's cloak, did he leave it?