Reviews for Hall of Mirrors
thepkrmgc chapter 11 . 3/30
its a shame this wasnt continued, they are many stories left untold
thepkrmgc chapter 10 . 3/30
yay for witches, the women who dared to try and rise above their station, in one way or another...
thepkrmgc chapter 9 . 3/30
foxes get a bad rap, but i suppose if a creature steals your livelyhood its easy to develop hate for them
thepkrmgc chapter 8 . 3/30
its cool to see snow white as a villain for a change, and an evil queen who may not have been so evil after all
thepkrmgc chapter 7 . 3/30
its cool to see a polymorph story where one is happier as an animal
thepkrmgc chapter 6 . 3/30
ive never heard the tale your basing this one on
thepkrmgc chapter 5 . 3/30
try to focus less on the direct aspects of horror, and more of the subtler side of thigns from before
thepkrmgc chapter 4 . 3/30
it must be disturbing, to know that your a puppet for another's throne
thepkrmgc chapter 3 . 3/30
it would have been easy to use this to talk about stockholm syndrom, but i think the subtle sense of loss this story has is even sadder in its way
thepkrmgc chapter 2 . 3/30
the old stories are not nice by any means, though even the whitewashed version has its share of unfortunate implications
thepkrmgc chapter 1 . 3/30
twisted fairy tales are always cool, its neat to see a rags to riches story where the hero wished to stay in rags
Lady Zutara chapter 1 . 7/11/2016
Wow. Just wow. This is brilliantly written! I'm speechless. Normally, I know exactly what I want to say about a story and why I liked it. But this chapter absolutely blew me away! I've never read anything like it! I just... wow. Great job! I can't wait to read the rest! :D
Shae Vizla chapter 4 . 9/29/2015
Frightening. The Cat is the real Master of the house and everyone know it. I think it like her better because as much as she fear him and see him as the real master, she isn't a coward like her husband. She had seen behind his act since the start but let him play his con, even if she ended married with a man she don't respect, but at this era, I think she was better with this type of man than with a prince who could have been cruel, spoiled and absent. At least, she's the second master on her home, after the Cat and even if it's out of fear, she isn't the slave of consecutives pregnancies like many women of her time. She's the Cat's servant but she's also free.
Shae Vizla chapter 3 . 9/29/2015
A clever and realistic version of the Beast and the Beauty. She fell in love with a beast and is married to a stranger. She loved their simple and free life, when it was only the two of them and now she have the restriction of a queen, entoured by too many people. And the worst is probably that her husband can't see it, don't see her pain where the beast would have angd he want to forget this part of his life and carry with his "normal life", seeing her as her savior but negliging her.
Shae Vizla chapter 2 . 9/29/2015
It sad to say but the King is a product of his time and place in the society. He obviously wasn't taught he wasn't above right or wrong or he's just a sociopath. He's so convincted that he's better than everybody that he doesn't realize his wifes hate him because he's a cruel angd selfish rapist who only care about his needs. Even his children are only tools, the heirs a king should have to continue his bloodline.