Reviews for The Princess and the Patriot
Akane Kamiya chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
I've started to like this pairing because of a doujinshi I found once... It's really strange in the beginning but now I'm loving them together. :3

I really, really liked the way you write, you make everything somewhat subtle. I liked how you portrayed the characters too, although I think Tear was slightly OOC. I loved the funny moments and how Jade just seemed to hate so much Peony's ideas. XD His interaction with Natalia was also kinda adorable, especially at the ending. They lost the people they loved the most, so I think they could find something together... if this makes any sense.

Well, it would be nice to see something about them from you again. This totally goes to my favorites. 3
Aschenhimmel chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
Every time I read this fic I couldn't help but say how beautiful it is. There's a deft, delicate touch at every paragraph, and the couple, they're just so nicely written. Keep writing beautiful stories like this! :D
lychee loving chapter 1 . 5/1/2009
I didn't expect to find anything for this particular pairing, when I went looking for stuff. This was really well written, and I'm glad that I found it!

I really like the dynamic you put in, of how they may only have been thinking of someone else in the beginning. And you really captured their voices, here. Especially Jade's, I think. And I find that it's hard to write Natalia: but you did it so well.

Much love for this! If only there were more of this ship!
TechNomaNcer28 chapter 1 . 3/17/2008
Nice!Is this a one-shot? or are there more to come,if so i hope to see the next ones 't wait.
Comic chapter 1 . 2/29/2008
This is one of the greatest fics I've read in years.

That's not an easy task as I pretty much only read them on recommendation, and badgering on me to read it.

Congratulations, and thank you.
iTomato chapter 1 . 11/8/2007
Um, wow. That was something. It was written remarkably well, with both Jade & Anise in excellent character. I especially liked your Natalia-she seems very akin to a post-game!Natalia. She's very different, yet very much the same Natalia we know and love. (Wow, I said "Natalia" far too much in those past sentences.)

Also, your Peony had me laughing. Rappigs. Haha. And the behind the pillar bit with Peony & Jade was great. :)

Loved this! :)

-iTomato
Rihsa chapter 1 . 8/28/2007
...

This... This made me so sad... I guess, in a good way. ;_; I just feel for Natalia... Although I've never been in her situation, I HAVE felt a sadness as strong as hers. It's just so sad... And the way you made Guy go with Noelle... :P That... That made me REAL sad. Like, not in a good way. D: BUT, excuse me, that's just a personal opinion on the couple. XD I also felt sad with the whole is he Luke, is he Asch? Sad in a good way. ;_; Finally, I felt so sad about how Jade and/or Natalia kind of used eachother as substitutes. And to top it all off, I'm listening to sad music. XD

I was always interested in this couple, so even though I'm not totally satisfied, I really liked this. Great job.
Chrysanthemum-snow chapter 1 . 8/21/2007
I do admit that I always fall in love with crack pairings and it's not very often if at all someone writes a decent fanfiction for a single one of them. This was certainly a very unlikely couple and.. ah... this fic probably makes me ship them a bit XD

That aside your writing style is nice and fluid. it flowes wel, and has just the right amount of emphasis in just the right places. I hate to admit this, but it made me cry on the second reading. When i really though about it..
Hattertant chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
O...so sweet. I love Jade romance stories I will definately be looking for another chapter, because it doesn't say "Complete" at the top.

Twirlight chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
Honestly, it's been a long time since I've seen a fanfiction quite like this. You managed to pull off incredibly non-canon pairing in a realistic, and touching way.

I'm all for unlikely pairings of all sorts because I'm strange like that but yours is one of the few that attempts to make sense of everything. It's really got a not to overbearing bittersweet flavour to it.

If anything I really really really adore this story and hope you continue to add more.
surestsmile chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
I really liked how you had handled the entire pairing in the story. I have to admit that JadexNatalia is probably one of the most unlikely pairings to ever occur in Tales of Abyss just based on their interaction alone, but you've made it very plausible and real and bittersweet. The way you handled Natalia's reaction towards meeting the old group was very realistic and extremely well thought-out, and I loved the little insights Natalia had into herself. The bursts of humor helped to balance out the angst, which I thought was a nice touch as well.

However, I didn't like how thoughtless Tear seemed. It's just, well, incredibly jarring. I'm sure that it wasn't your intention for that to happen but it did break the mood a little when I came across that part.
firedragongirl chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
O_O;; Nice! XD I don't really like this pairing, and I was really wondering how something like this would turn out, but you made it work nicely! _ ~It was wonderful.
Silver Nightingale chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
Beautifully written.
Alli-dunno chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
This was a couple I never quite thought of. One, actually, I couldn't quite see. But this story was wonderfully written and greatly detailed, that you've changed my mind that this couple is impossible. If this is a continued story or whatever, I look foward to more.

Good job!