Reviews for Bump and Grind
jennisfifi chapter 1 . 11/26/2007
That's Hot.
fanofbones chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
OK the visuals had me right there in the club with them...perfectly excuted my dear...

Of course my memories (from the 70's) are a little different...as in my partner certainly did not look like Booth...lol

I was anticipating "The Moment" realizing that really wasn't the place for it (in my mind anyway) and was not disappointed...It was "A Moment" (for B&B characters) for them and wonderfully written...

I always love your style...

fab from the Boneyard...
krazegirl chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
A great oneshot if I ever read one! You describe the club so well, the sounds and images really came alive. I loved the description of the crowd moving 'together like the waves of an ocean.'

Man, this story makes me wish the series would do more club scenes, especially if Booth were dancing. The description of Temperance losing herself to the music was fantastic, I enjoyed how she let Booth get a bit frisky lost in the moment. 'dancing was like foreplay' is so appropriate for these two.

Angela's peaking from the mezzanine was hilarious, watching for 'the' moment. Those two have had so many moments, it makes you wonder. Great job throughout, loved it!
BonesDBchippie chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
jem!

DAMN girl! THAT wa KEWL! Pretty HOT too! I could really feel the music! I'll have to check out the LJ site also! LOV'D it!

~G :D
mag31 chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
Awesome job. The descriptions are perfect, it was as if I was there. A lot of emotions in only 800 words. I just regret I don't know this song.
krisnina77 chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
I loved it! You gave enough visual cues that I could mentally picture the whole thing happening as if I was one of the people in the club watching. That is awesome! Fantastic job! I'll have to go track down that song to hear what it's like.
niah1988 chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
This may be a short scene, but it's incredibly powerful. I could totally visualise the club - the smoke, the crowd, the lights...You did a superb job with the descriptions there.

I'm glad you didn't break this up with lines of dialogue. There was room to let Angela and Hodgins have a conversation about the way Booth and Brennan were dancing, but it would've interrupted BB's moment. So in my opinion you have done good leaving out the dialogue.

You told me the most important moment of your fic was when the music stops and picks up again. I fast forwarded to where the music actually does that and then re-read that specific moment in your fic. I was stunned to see how well it fit!

Your characterisations are very good. Angela was watching them, but wasn't jumping up and down like a 5 year old (hallelujah!). Booth pulled Brennan emotionally closer like he always does, but he also let go in time. (Though I personally think that they didn't really "let go". They were still connected emotionally after their dance even though they weren't physically.) I believe you have portrayed Brennan particularly well. You didn't make her ignorant of sex, but didn't make her too forward too. You showed that she can have a good time and can loosen up without fawning all over Booth and getting it on.

I think you have used the song's background music very well. I could easily picture this scene as I was listening Zornik. Awesome work, Jemb!

Oh, and my favourite lines are the last ones:

"Slowly the crowds of dancers around them began to invade their space and Brennan was tugged and pushed further from Booth, her figure masked by the thick wave of white smoke pumped out by a nearby smoke machine. Booth knew the moment was over and he reluctantly submitted to the will of the dancers around him. As the music pounded in his ears and made his whole body vibrate, he became just another face in the crowd on Friday night in D.C nightclub."
PurplePicklesUnite chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
Whee! hot hot! Loved the descriptions of the club and their dancing!
Owl Emporium chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
I liked it :]
ForeverOdd chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
oh...my...god...i have no words, that was...amazing...perfect...and hot as hell...
labsquint chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
Hey, we're starting early! At least by North American standards. Great, I'm in!

Your description the club right from the beginning was great - you really got the impact of the atmosphere, right from the first paragraph. From the dancers to the strobe lights to the smoke, it was perfect.

And this is subtly hot fic. Nothing overt, nothing in your face, but the way you described Brennan and Booth dancing and, more than that, coming together in the dance, was very intimate. And you just know that they were 'that' close to something more but that once again something would get in the way. But the way that they came together indicates a comfort level between them that opens up the possibility of something of this nature happening again.

At the end of the fic, they are separated physically, but I didn't come out of it that they were separated emotionally. If that moment could come once, then it would come again for them.

Knowing that song as well as I do now, I can see how this really meshes with the mood. Another fabulous job!
Habita chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
Hi jemb! I read the notes about The Campaign For Better Reviews in your profile and totally agree. I think I would write better reviews if I was an English speaker, but Im afraid my English sucks most of the time U

Anyway, Ill try with your fic! :-)

In "Bump and Grind" I loved the way you described the atmosphere of the club. "The crowd moved together like the waves of an ocean". I really liked that one.

I also loved the moment when Booth pulled Brennan close to his body and they started to dance together. I think you described it in a very sexy way.

I have to say that I loved the whole fic! :-) Its amazing how you wrote one of those moments, in which UST is palpable, and leave us totally frustrated when you do just as the series does: let the moment go. Really, really good job! :-)

Thank you very much for sharing! Im sorry my English is not better.