Reviews for For Druella
Athalanta chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
I have several problems with this:

The rhythm of the sentences goes between poetry and prose. Either one would be fine but mixed...

The second problem is that this is written as a myth, and there are not enough elements to make it good. The conflict that destroys the family is not well explained - for a mythical story. WE know what it is, since we have read HP, but a myth is a retelling and an explanation of human condition, so for example 'hufflepuff table' has no place in such a story. You would need to find a symbol for illicit sexual attraction and elopement and just hint at it.

Also, when saying that the third sister lost her son, you shouldn't say 'son', but embellish a bit, again using symbols and metaphors. Etc.

The third is about pacing of the sentences and repetition, and since this was written so long ago, I will simply assume you improved with practice and move on.

Some parts of fic are stunning, at others I cringed, mainly because of the above.
kel.kel.153 chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
I LOVED the summary. Maybe a bit melodramatic, but beautifully written all the same.
The Terrible Jester chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
brilliant story!
of-Snowfall-and-Seagulls chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
wow. good writing.
OhtarIstar666 chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
I really like this. Druella a underdeveloped character and you did a really good job with her.
icecreamlova chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
You don't like it? I do. It's utterly enrapturing, and the last line was absolutely chilling.
Lady Zenobia chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
I love this! The last line is epic!
bluestargem chapter 1 . 7/13/2010
I love this. So much. It's really all I can say. :)
Rosa Le Barge chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
ohmygoodness! the ending was awesome!
Mrs.GingerHinkley chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
Oh goodness. I can't think of an appropriate way to express how awesome this was. The diction was absolutely incredible, especially in the first description of the three sisters as "some unholy trinity" and the words that followed. The image of Narcissa and Bellatrix trying to hold back Andromeda is really vivid and painful, especially with the delusions that follow.

It's terrible how sorry you made me feel for Bellatrix. I think I need to scold myself, but the idea of her clinging to her dreams is far too powerful to let go of: "and her smile or her frown determined the mood of the world". Wow, the entire story left me weak and in glorious pain as I mourned once more over the fallen Blacks. How tragic, how beautiful, how perfect. Druella and Cygnus, goodness gracious, what enchanting children you raised. And how supremely well, as always, you wrote them. Thanks for the fantastic read!
Dru Rosier chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
This was absoluetly amazing! :D
roundandround chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
You are a fantastic writer. So fantastic, in fact, that I created an account for the sole purpose of writing a review for this story. I love your take on the powerful pure-blood families, especially the Blacks.
a.different.luna chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
o

O.o

i love this

very much

tho i dont understand all of it...

but its brilliant

it really is...
Nelras chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
You have a typo in the sentence that begins "But even apart," and ends, "...tore them apart." Then should be them. *rolls eyes at self*

And that is the single error I have found thus far in your fics.

It's a very small error, and this is still pretty near perfect. The ending especially.
XfallenstarO chapter 1 . 4/19/2008