Reviews for A Successful Attempt
DalekQueen7 chapter 1 . 8/11/2015
I love the way you describe events and conversations. You don't put so much stuff in that it seems crowded, but it's not so bare that it seems unfinished. Your dialogue is plain, but not oversimplified, and quite easy to follow. This goes for all of your stories that I have read so far. :) Excellent work!

As for this story in particular, I like the idea of Gimli and Legolas bonding over their losses in Moria. It is not only - arguably - canon, but also realistic, unlike some other fics that stretch some insignificant event into what drives the pair's friendship.
Green Eyes and Blue Insanity chapter 1 . 6/26/2014
I love this! its not really explained they become friends (at least not I that I know of. chances are im wrong) in the books or movies, but you did a very nice job with it! :) I love how legolas just chucks the food over his shoulder without a thought. that made me laugh so much! XD
Window Girl chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
What a great fic! You tell 'em, Sam! And I love the idea of Boromir hugging the hobbits.
Thunder Stag chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
HOW MANY FREAKIN' NAMES DID GANDALF HAVE!?
FireHeart Alchemist chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
Two words for this one-shot:

EPIC WIN!
sassyfriend chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
Could you do another story about Gimli and Legolas as friends?
Emily chapter 1 . 10/8/2009
You go, Sam! Show them who's the boss! : )

Good story. The way Tolkien introduced Legolas' and Gimli's friendship was... abrupt... to say the least, and Peter Jackson's was not much better. Not that we don't love them both, but still...
yamina-chan chapter 1 . 4/17/2009
I was laughing a lot at the end of this text XD

Legolas' reaction was something I NEVER expected him to do XD Even though I know he has an interesting sense of humor *g*

And somehow I agree with Aragorn as well
Mirime93 chapter 1 . 8/31/2007
I like Gimli Legolas Friendship fics Fruit fightt!

Ps. Gandalf has a dwarven name? O.o
lotrelves chapter 1 . 8/29/2007
It's nice to see a story developing their friendship. Marvelous as always. :)
AlatarielZ chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
Yay, another story adding onto the process of Gimli Legolas friendship. Keep posting!
Zarz chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
Aww, this is a really sweet piece. I love how you've given so much more description and meaning to a couple of sentences. That last interaction between Legolas and Gimli was great! I love seeing all the little pieces being put together. Great work!
spiritstallion chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
I really loved this story! Hanna lee!
StarLight9 chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
I already reviewed this on the MC group, but just wanted to tell you once again that I loved it ;)
Estrid2006 chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
that was really good, to bad it's finished...

from,