Reviews for My Brother's Keeper
Kouji-wolf chapter 1 . 10/31/2007
That was really good! I think, just based on what Broken Angel01 has written of Ami, you captured her personality. ESPECIALLY her conversations with Dai and her father!

Kouji-wolf
Broken Angel01 chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
I can't even tell you how glad I am that you did a story with Ami, who happens to be one of my favorites, and sadly enough has not had as much spotlight times as I would like her to have in FTFOD,

This is why I love one-shots, you get to hear about all the supporting characters and learn so much about them.

Speaking of that, you did an awesome job with Ami's character! You've got her down so perfectly that I can't resist admiring what an amazing job you did. I was hoping to see a story with some of the not so main characters and this is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Not to mention it was amazing that you had all those little details in there from Ami's feelings for Ryoko, the fact that she does care a lot about Dai under all the threats, pranks and other things she likes to pull on him, even right down to having a best friend who's smart and likes her cousin!

And the humour with the two digimon was just perfect! I was giggling from top to bottom and smiling all over the place.

Also, the whole thing with Ami's confusion over the Digital World was very realistic and also the way she feels about not having a digimon partner of her own.

I will tell you, too, that Ami and Dai will be having a very interesting conversation when the search for the Spirit Chips start and I do plan to have her more in the story. Like she's really going to let a little thing like a Digiport stop her!

And you did a great job doing it in first person. Wow, I'm so impressed I really don't know what to say!

Thanks so much for writing this, it reminds me all over again why I made these characters up in the first place!
Mo0ony808 chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
wow FTFOD is getting more and more one-shots im so happy , i loved this fic it was funny and i liked the part with DemiVeemon traying to eat lipstiks and

Ami being concerned about Dai
Twilight Archangel chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
Finally someone else! That was very good, you did pretty well her character, it would be hard for me to wirte it. DemiVeemon riding Shadow, that rocked!

Ami is really motivated to keep her brother safe, isn't she? Even if she can come with him to the DigiWorld, somehow she is with him at heart.

God Job!

PD: Can you read my one-shots please? I would like it hehe.

Long live Ami! xD
Miss Anonymous hp chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
Great story! It was a lot of fun to read! Usually, I am not a big fan of first-person narrative stories, but you did not deter me at any point at all! So, that's a great feat in of itself.

I really like how you wrote Ami; I, personally, have never really given her that much thought to be honest, except when I'm vaguely thinking of who will marry who (and Ami is always with Ryoko, haha). But this story certainly shows a side of her that I never really thought of before! She suddenly seems like a much more interesting character that I will have to analyze that much closer, hehe.

The idea behind this story is one that I have often thought of myself, though. I mean, I know if I was one of those siblings that ended up being the only in the family without a Digivice, I would definitely feel a little left out. And, yes, maybe even a little jealous. I think you captured Ami's fear and semi-jealousy quite perfectly, actually, as I can see myself reacting almost the exact same way. I bet the other siblings feel just like Ami, too, and not only the siblings, but the other children that were not chosen as Digidestined.

It's interesting to think about how they are going to play a part in the story...

But it will be fun to read.

This was brilliant! Great work!
Digi-Girl101 chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
I totally love it! _ I might've seen a few gramar mistakes, not sure hehe, but other then that it was fabulous. I'm speachless! I think you did Ami extremely well.

-DigiGirl101