Reviews for Those Who Are Loyal
muumi2three chapter 1 . 5/3/2014
Very perceptive and beautifully written.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
Yay!The happy ending I always wanted for poor old Snape.
Chemistress chapter 1 . 2/20/2009
Wow - You got me! I didn't see those last sentences coming: what a satifying surprise! And all the way to get there: very well done, nicely in character, no false excuses for anybody...great story!
The Winterwitch chapter 1 . 11/10/2008
A very strong and beautiful tale, and a brilliant analysis of characters, motivations, in short of the whole story in itself... I believe that's one of the best stories I've read for a very long time, if not at all.

And I can't tell you HOW glad I am that you give him a chance...
Fallen Angel111586 chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
Awesome one shot, epsecialy for us Sev fans who do not wish to believe him dead. And while I am a fan of the Snape/Lily ship, the way he thought of her and how she only truly repersented an ideal of love for him before his death was quite captivating and moving.
jennifer ryan chapter 1 . 8/23/2008
This is a great story! I envy your talent.
duj chapter 1 . 10/2/2007
Insightful look at Snape's feelings for Lily. Well-imagined; well-explained.

I'm afraid I can't believe in Dumbledore having cared enough to give Fawkes such a task, but it was a nice thought.
Emilie D chapter 1 . 9/9/2007
I love your rescue by Fawkes. Your story is very insightful and I really enjoyed it. Great job!

FireChildSlytherin5 chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
Wow. Love the one-shot.
Iva1201 chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
Albus Fucking Dumbledore - I agree with you, completely. Well, maybe not that much if I take in consideration the ending of this fic - Fawkes was after all Dumbledore's - but on all the other things. I too was ready to throw the book away when Dumbledore said to him in those memories that he should have been in Gryffindor - do you do such thing TO YOUR OWN! HEAD OF SLYTHERIN? NO! Most certainly no!

I also agree that antivenoms would have not been enough and somebody would have to act very fast to save him - and hereby wonder if Harry and his gang still weren't able to perform any healing magic at that point.

Now, I know that the venom makes the wounds unsealable by themselves but if Mr. Weasley could have survived with charmed bandages until they had had other means - I ask myself why at least the terribly clever Hermione couldn't do something about the Professor's neck. But no, Rowling probably even never considered to include Fawkes in the last book.

Bless you that you did! (-:
wynnleaf chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
Good description of Snape's love for Lily making her into more of an Ideal, like a saint. That fits more in line with the way Snape grew from simply agreeing to protect Harry, because he was Lily's son, to protecting anyone he can, even if they had no relation to Lily.
tearsofphoenix chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
"He would die now, just as he had lived his life: alone, unloved, and missed by no one. However, he would finally be rid of all his obligations. He had done what he could do for Lily, for the boy, for Hogwarts, for Wizardkind, and for Dumbledore. It had to be enough; he simply didn't know how to be any more loyal than that. Severus closed his eyes."

You have said perfectly with these words why the end JK gave to him isn't understandable on a moral level and at every level.

I love what you have written, and your salvation through Fawkes' tears, I missed the phoenix in DH... she really could have done the differnce, but perhaps after JK turned Albus as she did was too much to wait a scene like this with his pet.

Very good from you to have done it, and very good all the thoughts of Severus, each of them is IC and believable.
Free2BMe1 chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
You said everything I've been thinking perfectly in this story. And then you ended it perfectly. Thank You! I'm now a big fan.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
...and was last seen in the Barbadoes drinking his very own recipe for a pina colada magica. The Auror who spotted him while on vacation suddenly fell ill, and was quickly returned home by emergency Floo for a course of potions lasting about a year and a half.

Somehow, no one's volunteered to hunt Snape down since... In fact, in local slang around Hogwarts, looking for someone who isn't there is now called a Snape hunt, complete with Lumos-lit wand and burlap bags. (Hagrid organizes them for the first years. And never says a word about the extremely special jugs that end up in his hut around the holidays.).

Good story.
whitehound chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
Very nice analysis of how he saw Lily - that he idealized her and made her an icon, although she wasn't really worthy of so much devotion. If he hadn't accidentally caused her death, he'd probably have realized a lot sooner that she was nice enough but a bit shallow.