Reviews for What if Death Note was dubbed by 4kids?
The Rekizalb chapter 1 . 7/22/2008
I would think that they would have cut Mello and the mafia instead, but that is how they would have dubbed everything.
DutchessofSweet777 chapter 1 . 6/24/2008
The scariest fic I've ever read. I'm think I'm gonna be sick and I can't even imagine the DN characters with crappy accents and Ryuk as a bunny now the no smoking and no cursing are okay but does 4kids really have to change Rem into a male? She only likes Misa as a sister and the "Magic Note Book show?" OMG...
Tekamen chapter 1 . 5/7/2008
we can all be thankful that 4kids never got their hands on Death Note. if they EVER cut of Maximum as the op i would officially go psycho and kill their asses off.
Achitka chapter 1 . 4/22/2008
That was funny, very funny. I don't get to watch too many anime - but I am curious now and will have to track Death Note down somewhere -

Very nice - thanks for writing it

cya - achitka
Gone and forgoten chapter 1 . 3/27/2008
Oh my god... im gunna be sick! 4Kids ruins everything!
KC and IC chapter 1 . 3/16/2008
XD Oh, wow. I don't detest 4Kids or anything (I shall forever be grateful to them for introducing me to Pokemon and helping with my eventual immersion into the anime fandom), but it's kinda sad that I could really see this happening.

Just a few inconsistencies, but otherwise a hilarious piece. I haven't laughed so much in a while, great job! XD
NeonProdigy chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
If you haven't seen it already, please go to youtube and search for "Death Note Abridged". You won't be disappointed. Anyway, very nice story.

Something else that's important to point out is that in Japan, Four ("shi") means Death... 4Kids?

Coincidence? Not bloody likely.
AcidicMilk chapter 1 . 2/16/2008
*dies*

Dear god, if that ever happened, I would commit suicide. DX

That my friend is the WORST thing a Death Note fan could EVER hear, 4Kids dubbing it. DX

God this made me want to cry from either laughing, or the sad thought that this might actually happen one day. DX

HOMIJESUS... since basically EVERYONE knows that L's name is relly Lawliet... I wonder how the hell they'd change that up to be something RETARDED... oh, and how the crap would L die?

these are the questions that haunt me... O_O
Coffee Craft chapter 1 . 2/10/2008
Death Note Dubbed by 4kids? I gotta ask Lunareaper

to read this! (idk if she already has) this is funny.

i only know a lot about Mello! Mello is mellow! Mellow

Mello! Mello is awesome! Mello is kewl! Mello will beat

da pants outta you! (XD) *cheering* GO MELLO!

I'm so hyper right now! XD
Constance32 chapter 1 . 1/18/2008
Haha!Great story!It was hilarious and original!Love it.
Smrtypantz chapter 1 . 1/15/2008
LOL! this was so funny to read! XD I loved the New York accents part the best (being from New York and knowing just what you're talking about! )

I think it would have been funny if Miss Happy-Smiley-Rainbows told L he had to eat vegetables from now on! ;)
L'Archel-Hotishi chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
LYKE OMG! XD

The Viz dub, especially L's voice, is decent...not really though. XD I'm so favoriting this! Nippa, thankies and please write more, nippa! ((I can never forgive 4Kids for screwing with MY Tokyo Mew Mew!))
That Random Person chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
LOL!

I was crying at the "renaming" and the accents thing didn't help.

ROFLNESS.
Kyouger chapter 1 . 12/20/2007
This is fucking terrifying. Imagine what would happen if they got ahold of an anime like Naruto or Bleach. Death Note really isn't that violent, compared to Bleach, who actually has people cutting each other. Shudder.
DarkAmber112 chapter 1 . 12/19/2007
Oh God, I'm so glad 4kids doesn't have contol of death note...

I actually like Viz dubs for the most part (Not all of the Naruto voices are terrible.) And I don't really think they did a bad job with Death Note...Eh, maybe I'm just a dork.
76 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »