Reviews for The Ticking Of Time
Questfan chapter 5 . 6/8/2012
I don't know how you manage to write so well in first person because I can't do it at all well. You took one of my favourite episodes and made it better! The characters were spot on and I love the way you went back and forth between them. Awesome job, yet again.
sallyferrell chapter 5 . 9/21/2010
You wrote this episode better than the "real" writers did. Your talent is amazing.
bluespiritgal chapter 5 . 2/9/2010
This was an excellent, well written POV. I enjoyed reading every word. You stayed true to the characters, their strengths and their friendship.

I've read too many S&H fanfics where Starsky is just reduced to a weak pathetic soap opera charecter and Hutch as some super hero so I was delighted to read this story.

Your POV's were believeable to the characters as each struggled with their own fears and fear over the safety of thier partner just out of sight.

You kept Starsky's character fighting throughout the story and I loved the lace of humor Starsky uses under stress. It's his own defense mechanism but he also knows when Hutch needs that little injection to get him through a tough moment. It's part of what syncs their friendship.

You also kept Hutch believeable, neither weak or super hero status. You kept him scared but focused. On the outside he often appears calm and articulate, but inside his mind is always racing trying to keep one step ahead of his nerves. He never thinks of himself as a hero, just a guy at the moment trapped in shitty situation wondering what the hell he's supposed to do next

After the shootout, while waiting for the ambulance and at the hopital in the ER you can feel Hutch starting to loose it, but again Starsky's characters does something, a little tug, a nudge, a word, a movement that help brings him back. It's that sync again that's not sappy but just part of their true friendship - that whole Me & Thee thing you pulled off sutlely because as a writer you understood the characters, understood that friendship.

Oversall a very enjoyable read. Thanks so much.
ece23 chapter 5 . 4/30/2009
Hey Karen,

Shootout is my absolute favourite episode, and this adds a lot to it! As always, you captured their relationship perfectly and made it so cute. I loved that last part where Hutch hid in the closet, I thought it was mean that he ran out on Starsky in the episode, so I like this much better!

Hugs,

Emma
Revhead chapter 5 . 4/9/2008
I loved this story! Shootout is one of my fav eps, and you captured all the background thoughts and emotions perfectly, as well as the events that followed... Very good, I really enjoyed this. Kepp up the good work!
Bobbie Barkley chapter 3 . 9/16/2007
"Remember, Starsky - good guys always win."

Starsky gave me a small smile. "That'd be us."

"That'd be us, partner," I confirmed.

Ah. So perfect! Just so perfect!
aussie angie chapter 5 . 9/8/2007
thanks for a great chapter I just reading POV from both of the boys can't wait for your next story.
Starsky's Strut chapter 5 . 9/8/2007
Hey this was a really nice wrap up to this story. Loved how you had Hutch hide in the closet. I hate the tag to this otherwise great episode.(I am NOT refering to your story's tag, but the episode's version). Hutch hiding -for a very good reason- was a good work-around. I never could see Hutch truly bolting on his partner like he did in that stupid epi tag.

Sad to see this story end, but you did it in awesome style, thank you!

Eagerly awaiting your next story... soon, please?
Ukkie chapter 5 . 9/8/2007
Oh Karen,now it's over!The story has a pity.I was so enjoying this one you could have made it 20 chapters!All that's left for me to do is read it again.

I love what you did with the is so course he wouldn't leave Starsky alone.

Thank you very much for writing this story of missing scenes!

for ever in your debt,

Nelleke
Kirsty Welsh chapter 5 . 9/8/2007
Oh hey Karen - I loved that (and you got the baby blues in too).

Please write some more (in exchange for a woodsy hurting one) huh?

Pretty please?

Janet
Quickbeam10 chapter 5 . 9/7/2007
I just loved this last chapter. The whole story was wonderfully touching and showed the wonderful bond of frienship these two characters shared. Thank you for such a great read. I look forward to reading more of your stories. :)
rsb57 chapter 5 . 9/7/2007
absolutely incredible! I just don't know what to say. The hospital scene was touching. the tag was MUCH better than the episode and I am just in awe. thanks for an enjoyable, satisfying read.

Becky
Ukkie chapter 4 . 9/4/2007
Hi dear Karen,

Thank you for letting us ride along with you!I so love these missing scenes,you have no idea!Thank you again for writing them.

Love,

Nelleke
rsb57 chapter 4 . 9/3/2007
Oh good there's more! Nicely done. Hope you do something with that stupid tag of the original episode. Yours has to be better and more thoughtful.

You are doing a great job with this.

Thanks for posting.

Becky
Quickbeam10 chapter 4 . 9/3/2007
Shootout is also one of my favorite episodes. I just loved Chapters 1-4. Wonderfully written! I so enjoyed how you expanded the episode to include what S&H were thinking during this ordeal. Well done! :)