Reviews for Stand in the Sun
KMacD chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
Great story but I don't like Mal dying!
LunaBianca chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
Love this story. You have a knack for envisioning Mal's past and capturing his voice. I agree that he'd probably die defending people and ideals.
luvagoo chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
*loud stream of heinous insults in your direction*

*wipes eyes*

I hate it when things/people/stories/anything make me cry. Just...gah. It's annoying.

Just...gah. Imma get a tissue now.

Maybe a few tissues.

Hell, I'm getting the box.
Expecting Rain chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
That was beautiful! I teared up near the end.

The characterizations are great - I love the line about Mal maybe regretting it if Jayne dies - and I love how you show Mal and Zoe's friendship. And Mal and Inara and their kids.
ProfessorSpork chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
Beautiful. I especially loved his meeting Zoe-but the whole thing was just wonderfully written.
The General G of K chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
"...it takes him several weeks to figure out that she’s beautiful. By then, it’s too late for him to fall in love with her, and so he never does."

This by far is the best explanation regarding why Mal and Zoe never got together. I love the simplicity, and how mainly it's because Mal is slightly lazy, lol. It's nice to see "falling in love" realistically and simple instead of some huge fanfare.

I love how effortlessly the two just fall into the friendship routine. It's just so *them* not making a fuss over everything.

"Hell, he’d even regret it if Jayne died. Maybe. Sort of."

Hahaha, so Mal!

"When the bullet finds its mark, he doesn't even feel it. He just lifts his face to the sun."

So much love!

Wow, this was seriously well done. I loved all the sections, and it's just so fitting that he dies with Serenity and Zoe, and that tiny piece of Wash. So, so lovely.

The General
RionaEire chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
You write the most exquisite and effective Mal stories of anyone I've ever seen and your ability to create continuity and follow him through his life are so poignant and insightful. I cry at stories sometimes, it isn't a completely rare occurrance but I've never cried at a Firefly story the way I am right now, at the end, openly, shamelessly and with behimence. You have a true skill which is in some ways unrivaled on this site. Your stories aren't funny or action packed or over-the-top. What they are is haunting and filled with closeness somehow.

Riona
Goomba chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
It's really is a great bunch of drabbles-but the last could certainly do with a little more background. Like why now, after leaving it all behind and moving on-are they going back? The piece over all is wonderful and well written so thanks anyhow.

Cheers Jen
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
Amazing. I loved it.
KrisEleven chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
Very well written! I love the little stories you tell- especially the one where he meets Zoe. They were all very IC. The last line was beautiful.

KrisEleven~
Lothloriel chapter 1 . 6/7/2008
I'm very impressed. You got inside Malcolm Reynold's head. I didn't even know it was possible, much less that it could be achieved with this level of accuracy. Loved it.
jane0904 chapter 1 . 11/28/2007
Brilliant, but ... tzao gao, did the end hurt.
gathers-no-moss chapter 1 . 11/6/2007
This has been sitting in my favorites for weeks, because I've been trying to come up with a suitable review, other than saying, 'great' or 'beautiful.' But I haven't been able to come up with anything else other than to say, this is one of my absolute favorite fics, and I'll be keeping it in my favorites.

But I do have to say I love the last part, describing how Inara has changed, what she's done to be with him. And how he thinks she's more beautiful now than she ever was as a Companion.

And then the last line, just knocks me over. Gave me chills the first time I read it.

Thanks for sharing your talent!
Mellaithwen chapter 1 . 10/20/2007
that was excellent :) and that last line was so perfect too!
SilentLaurel chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
This is good. You have Mal's "voice" just right. The last paragraph is beautiful. What an arc. Just... wow.