Reviews for Eighteen
duj chapter 1 . 4/24/2010
"It would have been well worth it for Hermione to have read moral treatises"

Yes. Then she would have known that Obliviation is just as destructive as Avada Kedavra. What has she saved apart from their bodies? Without their memories, they are different people.
frustratedfruitloop chapter 1 . 9/22/2009
This is a really lovely piece of writing. You've fleshed Hermione out very well here; I loved reading about her development from a precocious child who viewed other children as alien beings to a precocious teenager who has found something worth living and fighting for. Hermione's apology at the end is so very heartbreaking and a perfect conclusion for such a hauntingly beautiful story.

Thank you very, very much for sharing.
Starshinedown chapter 1 . 5/12/2009

Oh. I never gave much thought to this little snippet of Hermione's life, but you've written it out so well. Gah. I'm not sure I can articulate how glad I am to have found this; it is quite good. I have tears pricking at my eyes.

Thank you for sharing your talent!
fallingIntotime chapter 1 . 4/8/2008
since this one has been most recently updated, i've chosen to launch my attack here

its rele rele rele rele rele rele good

i luv the sev-harry thing going on, it's hilarious/makes me wanna cry

i also luv the fact that james and sirius are now there, i wanna read about their responses!
kayly silverstorm chapter 1 . 1/18/2008
This is heartbreaking.

I often imagined this scene, in fact it was the one thing that impressed me most in DH. But the way you fleshed it out, the simplicity of your language, the precision of your description and the tangibility of emotion really makes this a masterpiece. Congratulations!
miss capulet chapter 1 . 12/12/2007
The brilliance of this is...staggering. The structure, the language...this is a flawless fic. From Hermione's characterization to the dialogue to...Jesus H. Christ, everything. Stunning, stunning work.
wasu chapter 1 . 9/16/2007

I love it

awesome ,really!

so please update very soon and keep it up

ps. brilliant work,really!
jax chapter 1 . 8/13/2007
Nicely done. I think you captured that missing moment very well. Thank you :-)
k123 chapter 1 . 8/11/2007
Oh my god. OH MY GOD! HERMIONE! Truthfully, she was so so so cool in DH, and the fact that she erased her parents memories did creep me out, but there was so much else going on that I didn't dwell on it for too long. But hurts. And we never found out at the end whether she gave her parents back their memories, although she must have. Right? Right? And you wrote her parents so well and Hermione perfectly and this was truly truly beautiful, and it made me feel so horrible for the whole Granger family and it broke my heart and THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WRITING THIS
anaticulapraecantrix chapter 1 . 8/10/2007

what a beautifully written story.
Gamzatti chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
Wow, that was fantastic. That's pretty much all I can say. Fantastic.
41 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3