Reviews for Bill's Story The Battle and the End of the War
mimosa chapter 11 . 11/24/2007
LOL. I am so glad I read DH or I probably would have had a heart attack with this chapter. We cannot be losing Molly, too.
mimosa chapter 10 . 11/24/2007
Goodness gracious!

Such an action packed chapter with a very dramatic scene to boot!
mimosa chapter 9 . 11/24/2007
I though I would start off reading this fic from Chapter 9. You came highly recommended by Cassandra Cross in her A/N of "The Letter." After reading this one chapter, I can see why. My heart was literally in my throat and I felt the emotions emanating from the page.

Well done, you.
RFLupin chapter 15 . 9/19/2007
I don't think I've cried this much since I read this part in DH. I love that you chose to tell it through Bill's eyes, because he is my favorite character, and this was my . . . favorite sad part? . . . It made me cry the most, at any rate.

Basically, this is made of win.

~R. F. Lupin
Nytd chapter 15 . 9/16/2007
Yes, a story as poignant as this should end with a small measure of comfort, such as being able to go home.

Just a small nitpick - your first paragraph is a little muddled with the dialogue from both brothers. Of course this could just be the way it uploaded. FFnet can do some freaky things to your uploaded stories!

Nicely done. This had a lot of emotion that was very believable!
Nytd chapter 14 . 9/16/2007
"But where were the twins? Bill stopped himself abruptly as he remembered that there was no “the twins” any more. Now it was just George. Poor George. Fred’s death was dreadful for all of them, but Bill could not bear to imagine how much worse it must be for his twin."

Exactly. What a painful transition for all the Weasely's to get used to thinking of George alone and not "the twins"

I still find it painful myself...
Nytd chapter 13 . 9/16/2007
I knew Ginny would come around. I like how Molly includes Fleur so openly in this. It reinforces her acceptance of Fleur when Bill is originally attacked.

I also like the cup of tea comment. Tea doesn't fix much, but it gives you something to do when you don't know what else you can do.

*Nytd leads an angry mob, repeatedly chanting Fred, Fred, Fred!)
Nytd chapter 11 . 9/16/2007
Mollywobbles rocks! I love that she was the one to bring down Bellatrix.

Again, I like the story told from Bill's perspective. We don't really focus on Molly at all once she's killed Bella.

There are so many intesting stories woven through the main one, and some of them are more interesting. But that's why we're here, isn't it?

STILL mad at JK about F.W.
Nytd chapter 10 . 9/16/2007
Poor Bill, having to break the bad news to another brother.

You're really taking this on an emotional rollercoaster. Normally I don't like rollercoasters, but I'll make an exception in this case. :)

Fred!
Nytd chapter 9 . 9/16/2007
Your style is easy to read. I'm curious to see where you take this once Voldemort is actually defeated.

Where IS Charlie?

Still pouting about Fred...
Nytd chapter 8 . 9/16/2007
This is an interesting look at the events in Book 7 from Bill's POV. We see it from Harry's which is stressful but different.

From Bill's perspective it makes the successive losses seem even more profound. Poor Ginny just lost Fred and now she thinks that she may have lost Harry.

Know what?

I'm upset about Fred.
Nytd chapter 7 . 9/16/2007
Poor Ginny. I completely forgot about her as well, because I was so caught up in Molly and Arthur's reactions.

Her anger makes her seem very real. It would be natural to lash out illogically in a state of profound grief.

Have I mentioned lately that I'm upset about Fred?
Nytd chapter 6 . 9/16/2007
This was very touching. The last chapter made me anxious to see what Bill would say to his parents.

I got a little choked up reading how you wrote the way Bill breaks the awful news to his folks. I like the way Arthur's immediate reaction was to comfort Molly and ask if George was ok.

I miss Fred!
Nytd chapter 5 . 9/16/2007
"George broke down completely when he saw Fred. He pulled his twin into his arms, his whole body racked with sobs. Bill and Percy stood back, knowing that they could not help George right now, and that he needed these few minutes alone with Fred."

This was very effective - who can truly imagine what the loss of a twin means to the other?

I have two great friends that are twins and I can't imagine one without the other!

Did I mention I'm sad about Fred?
Nytd chapter 4 . 9/16/2007
He couldn’t say “It’s okay” when it so clearly wasn’t,

This shows Bill's feelings of helplessness so well. You make me want to give him a hug!

Still sad about Fred.