Reviews for Bill's Story The Battle and the End of the War
Nytd chapter 4 . 9/16/2007
He couldn’t say “It’s okay” when it so clearly wasn’t,

This shows Bill's feelings of helplessness so well. You make me want to give him a hug!

Still sad about Fred.
Nytd chapter 3 . 9/16/2007
Your chapters are short, but you convey a lot of tension and emotion in them. I can picture George throwing himself back into the fight with renewed ferocity at the loss of Fred.

Damn, it's just so sad!
Nytd chapter 2 . 9/16/2007
How could George not know?

How could JK be so heartless? Did she need to prove how evil Death Eaters and Voldemort really are by killing Fred?

It's one of the worst things she did.

I like the way you paint Bill as the older concerned brother. I would feel the same false sense of security if all my family members were fighting next to me.
MBP chapter 15 . 8/28/2007
I'm sorry I haven't reviewed this yet. I think my love for it should be clear. Oh Bill...
ncis-lady chapter 15 . 8/22/2007
Okay... just finished... and there are tears in my eyes... I really enjoyed this story, although this might be the wrong word, it was so sad... I've always loved Bill and seeing the battle from his POV was interesting and touching. I'll read your other stories when I find the time! Really good job!
ncis-lady chapter 13 . 8/22/2007
Just had to laugh about this: “You Eenglish!” she complained, “You sink a cup off tea can cure anysing!” Cause while I'm reading this, it's England playing football against Germany (with the volume off) and well... it was just a nice funny comment among all those tears. ;)
ncis-lady chapter 7 . 8/22/2007
Haha I've just sent you a pm in which I told you I'd review when I'm finished with reading - but I think you should know that by the end of this chapter at the latest you had me in tears! Just wanted to let you know - now I'll keep on reading...
lyin chapter 15 . 8/18/2007
although the chapters are really short, this is believably done- feels like bill's actual experience throughout the battle. his reunion with charlie was excellent, his assumption of the older-brother role great. Ginny's meltdowns did seem kinda ooc to me, but, well, her brother's dead. there was one element in particular that i thought you wrote excellently- the overheard rumors, where no one knows which Weasley twin is dead (heart-wrenching and reminescent of the 1st book, with the rumors about the Potters), and Bill having to tell his parents, with Mrs. Weasley's reaction- which was very well-done. good job, keep writing! :)
gantasa chapter 15 . 8/17/2007
wow really well written! good stuff! poor Bill having to tell his parents about Fred. And i nearly cried when George was crying in Bills arms.
KrystalB2003 chapter 15 . 8/15/2007
I've read a lot of post-Deathly Hallows stories that have made me sad, and several that have even made me cry... but this! Oh, this just about broke my heart completely.

"'One of the Weasley twins,' someone said, 'I don't know which one...'"

"His father was bent over Remus Lupin, who looked more at peace in death than Bill had ever seen him in life."

Those line in particular really choked me up for some reason, along with the entire last chapter (though I cried through almost the whole story). Oh, poor George!

And the Thestrals! I'd never even thought about their presence after the battle. To have a whole school full of people who can see them now...

Amazing job with this story. Gut-wrenching in many places, but beautifully done nonetheless.
darkdestiney2000 chapter 15 . 8/13/2007
That was a great ending...I hope you write another Bill story
link55-06 chapter 15 . 8/11/2007
I'm sad to see the fic end. But I must admit that it was a fitting ending too. They all can see thestral now. One of the little thing that changed after the war. George must be feeling that he should not have the right to be alive. Survivor's guilt. If you have a desire to write anymore DH inspired fic, please do so!
link55-06 chapter 14 . 8/11/2007
It's not easy to not say 'the twins' after all their lives saying that. Good for you to remember Lupin and Tonks.
link55-06 chapter 13 . 8/11/2007
Why is it the English thought tea can cure anything. Almost every fanfic that I've read that involves English man/women have tea present. Such a big cultural thing...Imagine what it will do to Ginny if Bill dead and the her last word to him is that she hates him.
Silver Mirror chapter 15 . 8/11/2007
Loved your story! I'm still crying! Beautiful fic!
108 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »