Reviews for The Human Element
Smiling Lemon chapter 20 . 4/13
This is fucking awesome! I really want to see more.
Bookfisher chapter 20 . 4/4
Just reread this story , it is damn good, and got one of the better takes on the whole Ron/Kim/Shego triangle
Sparity101 chapter 1 . 11/25/2015
I read a similar start to this, yet for the life of me I can't seem to find it
Kakerot Bardockson chapter 20 . 8/18/2015
I liked it up to this last chapter then you lost me. I liked someone coverer a serious topic but at the end it was like you were trying to ell a second story or set one up
BlackRoseFire chapter 20 . 7/7/2015
Interesting and awesome story. I really can't wait to see what happens in the sequel. I loved the wat that you had Shego, Ron and Kim interact.
The Grinning Psychopath chapter 20 . 9/5/2013
weirdness... thats about all i have to say on the matter... hmm. i really hope that Shego/Ron and Kim hook up.
The Grinning Psychopath chapter 12 . 9/5/2013
hmmm... i really like this detective guy... hehehheeeh he reminds me of Mahony in Tim Dorsey's Serge Storms novels.
Riplakish chapter 4 . 7/10/2013
My favorite chapter so far-saying a lot as the previous 3 are excellent and just keep getting better. In addition to everyone else's comments, I'd like to compliment you on mirroring the "mother/daughter conversations" ala Kim & Shego.
VVG chapter 11 . 9/24/2012
This fic is great!
When need more ShegoXRon! More Rongo!
brindani chapter 20 . 11/14/2011
First off I’d like to say that when I get into a series I start to think on how some of the more unusual couples could realistically get together. I go through fanfiction and see what ideas others have come to in this regards and found that there is often a trend. The main love interest becomes uncharacteristically agitated for no reason and takes every opportunity to push them away while the shipped couple mysteriously have feelings for each other that just came out of the blue.

I’m certainly not putting these stories down, quite a few are pretty good reads, but that fundamental question of how could circumstances realistically cause it to happen keeps nawing at me. Usually story ideas start to swirl around in my head and become an epic story. This is what has been happening with RonxShego recently. Then I came across your story and every idea I had thought of to make it realistic was there and more besides. It was like reading the story I wanted to write, but so much better.

The main love interest reacted just as I would expect given the circumstances, there wasn’t the sense that she was the author with omniscient knowledge of things she couldn’t possibly know without being there. She was a character that only had what she experienced and acted upon it in concert with everything that happened. Feelings of not being good enough, comparing features to perceived love rivals, all things that happen in the real world every day.

And Shego, I can only say wow. You gave her character extreme depth and not just something thrown together, but rather realistic feelings and experiences that make her transition from hero the villain far more than that her brothers were annoying.

Taken in concert with Ron who said the right thing at the right time in the right way, it was like reading a concert, the melody blending together perfectly between them to become something far more.

The epilogue, particularly the last scene, felt a bit like a sour note mixed in. I haven’t read the second story after this as of yet, but that scene seemed so out of place, I’m still not sure I want to continue just yet. Just taken from this point, almost everything about it felt wrong. The story does a wonderful job of not only showing events, but the thoughts behind the characters as they experience those events giving us a wonderful view of how they evolve. This is particularly true of Shego, we see her loneliness, her feelings grow just a little more each paragraph. Unfortunately all of these feelings seemed to simply disappear in that one scene.

I’m not saying that Drakkan and Shego couldn’t do what happened, it’s pretty much cannon. What I’m saying is she was wholly with Drakkan during that meeting, there was not the slightest hesitance at all, in her actions or mind that one would expect to see there after all the events that had occurred. At the very least I’d expect to see a little concern wash over her regarding the end result of Drakkan’s plan and how it could affect the people she had so recently risked her life for.

I can only see a few ways that this could realistically happen. One is it’s played off a few of the previous scenes that mention information stored in her subconscious indicating that there are two Shego’s that inhabit her mind separated from each other. Second that she is a clone something I highly doubt given Shego’s aversion to cloning.

Next, it seemed as if it was suggested that the events that took place happened as part of the plan to get the devise. That seemed a stretch given the events and Shego’s reaction to them. First, Ron’s actions couldn’t have been anticipated and even if they were, it would have been a huge risk to Shego’s life that literally almost killed her straight out, through blood loss, and even an infection. Given the indicated level of relationship between Shego and Drakkan , I can’t see Drakkan letting her do something that extreme.

On the other hand, it could have been a play off of the events that did happen to their benefit. This is a little difficult due to the insight we see in Shego, we see her thoughts as she thinks of Ron and the feelings that develop. The feeling was there that she really didn’t have anyone to share a relationship with the depth that was developing. The last scene indicated the complete opposite.

Well, enough rambling on and on especially without reading the next story. For now, I’ll just restate how good this story is and thank you for taking the time and effort to create such a wonderful piece of art.

Athulis chapter 20 . 8/20/2011
Quite epic. Extremely well written and in character. Easily one of the best Kim Possible fan fiction I have had the pleasure of reading.
Daki92 chapter 20 . 5/25/2011
hmmm a great fic but frustrating
TheRedKommie chapter 20 . 8/16/2010
you know I cannot believe that I didn't review this! PANDA APPROVED... BIG TIME!

I just love this story. From the way Kim is jellin, to the way Shego doesn't know how to respond to her feelings. From Ron to Chesterfield, this one one of the more unique ways I have ever seen KP taken.

Its also one of the reasons I am trying to write... again ;p Oh well. LOVED IT!
unwrittenaria chapter 20 . 3/22/2010
a final follow up having "finished" this section, well done with Kim and Shego despite minor ooc moments, generally though they were in character and they had fun dialogue between them.

Shego probably had the most development and it was enjoyable how you fleshed out her past beyond what we see her stereotypically portrayed as in terms of relations with other characters, and the motivations behind what she became.

I mentioned in my review of the first chapter how I was "disappointed" with the rape, but seeing now the characters you had planned as villains, and the follow up villain and the rating I guess it was to be expected. It wasn't overtly gratuitous and done merely for shock value so kudos. Having Alexis be a counterpoint along with the other witnesses was a good decision.

Ron for me was the hardest to follow, for the most part he's done right although there are odd moments with his character and dialogue. I can see Ron getting to all the states you put him through, but somehow it feels like I saw Ron the _ (insert emotional state here) etc. rather than Ron the whole character at time.

Then again he's in a different situation than any he's been in before so there's going to be some odd behavior. That and dense as I think he is even Ron knows the difference between a victory kiss on the cheek, and a full blown lip-lock as seen with Bonnie.

Either way this was fun, and worth reading - good set-up for the next arc and plenty of possibilities.
unwrittenaria chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
enjoyed 90% of what happened here...

all the way until you mentioned Shego being raped

don't get me wrong it's entirely possible, and I don't have a problem with exploring Shego's origins or even using this particular form as an explanation.

I just... I guess having been reading origin stories for mainstream western comics where all the super heroines, villains etc have some kind of sexual trauma that forms their origin is depressing to me somehow. (especially since most of it happens retroactively) Why can't we just have Shego suffer some kind of trauma from the comet (buried before the paramedics discover her - hence the darkness fear), or tormented for her skin color, etc. heck, even trauma by a super villain while she was a member of team go (sensory deprivation while she was captured).

But again that's just a complaint of twisting female leads using sex. Shego's attractive, and probably would make a good "conquest" given what she is for people who think like that and it makes sense for her character. I just wish it didn't feel like a sacrifice of the character for me at least to have rape being the start of her downfall...

that said I'm going to read the rest of the series since I've heard good tings about it. Hope I didn't offend having only read the first chapter