Reviews for The Choice of Queen Susan
Hope chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
Noooooo you can't end it already, it's really good won't you write at least another chapter pretty please
MLEetc chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
Wow! Great story! I absolutely love the characterization of Rabadash. I wonder what happened to Susan's baby, though? And what happened to the kingdom after that? It can be assumed that there was a time of peace, but that can't last forever. Anyways, this is a really good story and a worthwhile read.
Bartholo chapter 1 . 11/3/2009
cool idea. Seems as it would be great to add a folowup to this story to answere these questions: what is this swelling? a baby? what hapens to the Calormen Empire? and mamy more
blink chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
Beautiful. You said this idea has been done to death, yet I had never seen it. You captured Rabadash well, and I love that you didn't make him into a supernice!caring!great!husband like the some fics I've seen done about him.

My two favorite lines were :

“If you marry him, Susan, I will make you a widow. This I swear to you.”

and

Her servants returned the next day. Their tongues had been cut out.

Both were incredibly powerful and moving.

I was very impressed with this, and it's always great to see someone who loves Narnia as I do. I have a feeling you are one of those people. Very nicely done.
firestorm13 chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
Didn't know there were many stories about Rabadash having victory in Archenland. I'm really curious to read some now.

I first read this story about a year ago, and after recently watching Prince Caspian and having my interest in the Chronicles of Narnia invigorated again your story was the first fanfic I thought of. Thank Oz for the search engine or I would still be painstakingly scrolling through each page to find it :D

It still rocks my socks.
Kathryn Merlin chapter 1 . 7/8/2008
I LOVE this story. i love the plot, the emotion, characterizations, everything. i've been looking for an AU like this for a long time and I can't seem to find many others like you said there were in the summary. to which others are you referring?
ilysia chapter 1 . 6/9/2008
Oh, very pretty. I like, I like. Wonderful story!

-ilysia
Narnia Miss chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
This was wonderful! Are you planning on doing a sequal? I would love to see her child grow up, and see her emotions upon being back into Narnia, and how her brothers would treat her. Very well thought out! A bit abrupt, but I liked it. I would definetly love to read more.
Inactive1357 chapter 1 . 10/29/2007
Wow. This is a great story! The writing excellently complements the plot. I'm kind of glad that it's AU, though. One part reminded me of the lines of a song: "Broken up/ Deep inside/ But you don't get to see the tears I cry..." It think the song is 'Behind these Hazel Eyes'. Anyway, it just seemed to fit with Susan in that one section.

Thanks for writing this story!
Cirolane chapter 1 . 9/25/2007
I really, really liked this. The last paragraph gave me chills. You say that this plot have been written about to death, I have never read a story with this plot. This was well written and I only wish it was more. Good job
Capegio chapter 1 . 8/29/2007
Holy wow, that was absolutely amazing. I know you say that this topic has been done often, but this is the first story I'd read of this summary, and I don't think I have a need to read any more of them.

The gravity of this story makes it a hard one to read, just because the subjects themselves are so dark - war, rape, torture and madness, all in one! The last line of one section particularly stands out: when I read "their tongues had been cut out," I was struck by a very physical sensation of revulsion and a sort of brief image of what that actually meant. Very, very powerful but not overdramatic. Susan's hopelessness is very powerful, but true to Pevensie form, though she is unhappy she is never useless. To have the Calormenes so willingly see their ruler thrown out was also very effective in making the ending conclusive; though I really hate to see any of the Narnian monarchs kill, to have such a depraved man killed did make it more fitting.

Edmund's promise was both eloquent and haunting: “If you marry him, Susan, I will make you a widow. This I swear to you.” Without commenting on his tone of voice, you made it perfectly clear the manner in which he said it. You have a real talent for creating a tone without having to describe it. You do not need to explain that Susan is feeling helpless and guilt-ridden, because everything you write about her suggests it. You let the readers read details and draw their own conclusions, which creates an end result much more smooth and polished than if you stopped at every turn to write an essay on each character's rationales and feelings. Extremely well done; it's going on my favorites.
JustKeepOnTheGrass chapter 1 . 8/11/2007
this is quite good! What i think you should ahve included is when Susan reunites with her family in the end. It could have been really moving!
Love and Rock Music chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
Whenever I read a story, it starts out like this. I read the summary first, click the link if it looks good, and give it a go. If I make it through, then I check out the other reviews and the author's name and profile before leaving a review of my own. But once I saw your name, I knew it was done for. You always come out with fantastic stuff! (You story, Beginning to Forget, is my ultimate favorite Susan fic of all time.)

Well, all of that was kind of long and none of it really had anything to do with the story I'm supposed to be reviewing. I'm trying to say that this story is another fantastic effort of lickitysplit's, and that in itself is unsurprising. Great job!

Also, I think this is the weirdest review I've ever left. It definitely sounded better in my head, but I hope you get what I meant.
elecktrum chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
Miniver is right. Spectacular is the word that best describes this!
Miniver chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
This is spectacular! The tone, the characterization, the use of language, the outcome...all just right. I have to admit a soft spot for stories in which Susan shows her strength. Many writers tend to give her the "wet blanket" role because of how Lewis depicted her in England and at the end of "Last Battle" (or because they think that "gentle" is her entire description). But Aslan chose all four of the children! Surely she would have grown in Narnia as the other ones did. It's tremendously satisfying to see evidence of that here. Especially because it's her own behavior-both her compassion and her dignity-that turns the Calormenes in her favor, this story is extra rewarding to read. Whether you continue this story or leave it as a stand-alone, it's memorable. Great work!