Reviews for The Ashes of Tumladen
aelfwyne chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
Muchismo Gracias!
Vilinye chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
Very sad...I like it though
FireFly07 chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
This was really sad. I've wondered for so long why Turgon would stay behind: how could I not have seen it? This story of yours just enlightened me: SACRIFICE. Aw. This was good- it deserves a fav... :)
Lady MSM chapter 1 . 9/23/2007
Aw, this made me sad! :( So good!
moonshine4488 chapter 1 . 9/13/2007
Very nicely written. I especially like the mention of the walls crumbling around him (the city walls). It gives off the sense that his whole world is collapsing in on him, and the only thing he can do is fight, which seems to be happening.
Ellynn chapter 1 . 8/31/2007
I really like this. ;) Good description of destruction, death and Turgon's thoughts and emotions.

Especially this is sad:

Forgive me, Master of the Seas: I should have remembered your song in my dreams and heeded the warning of your emissary.

bye,

ellynn
Enelya chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
This is a beautiful ficlet, capturing Turgon's view wonderfully and his grief at the destruction of his city. The imagery is wonderful, but my favourite part was the end, where he knows that he will see his wife soon. I'm glad he allowed Idril to go and lead the people away, instead of trying to outlast the attack with his city under siege. I didn't really connect with Turgon when I read the Silmarillion, but you've made him into a brave and tragic character, along with the rest of his family.

~Enelya