Reviews for Whiskey, Women and Song
June Birdie chapter 1 . 8/14/2007
aw. i loved how bittersweet this was! great job!
IheartPadalecki chapter 1 . 8/13/2007
Oh I lvoed this. It was really really sweet ;D
KAZ2Y567i chapter 1 . 8/13/2007
Dear bjxmas,

Oh man, now look what you've gone and done. I'm sniffing here and it's not a pretty sight I can tell you...*sniff, wipes eyes*.

That is one of the most moving pieces of ff I have read.

I liked how you wrote Sam's frustration in not being able to help or to get through to his brother. And Dean just wanting to get away from the 'mother hen-ing' and 'puppy dog eyes' and lose himself for awhile with the intent of getting drunk and then getting laid. Fate had other ideas. He found companionship and love in the arms of a girl and then to lose it all in a few days. Then to have Sam watch it all unfold in front of him and the realisation that his brother is more than the one night stand king.

Lovely, inspiring, moving, heartbreaking...what more can I say?

Please write some more!
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
Wow BJ, this is a touching, bittersweet story. In canon, Dean is often portrayed as a "slam, bam, thank-you, m'am" kind of guy. But he respects and protects women, so I never thought that fit. This Dean that you've written is the Dean I've always pictured.

The opening scene between Sam and Dean is really symbolic - Dean leaving and Sam left behind with a broken heart - a precursor to what will happen in a year if Sam can't find a way to break the deal. Each time we see Sam in this tale he is angry, full of worry and fear for his brother's life.

Of course the scenes with Dean are superb. From walking into that bar (and who wouldn't notice Dean Winchester?) to the warm and bittersweet dance with Lani in the diner at the end. I liked Lani - you made her a real person, with dreams, desires, fears and a good sense of humor. But she's a realist too - knows that Dean won't stay and she'll have to deal with any emotions that may bring. Yeah, bittersweet all around.

I thought the ending was very satisfying. Sam really understood that Dean made a connection with this intriguing woman which in turn gave him a more complete understanding of his brother's true self.

It's good to see another story from you, I've missed your writing. Thanks for sharing this with us. Until next time...
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
I think you did a wonderful job writing Dean and Sam. Not sure why you have not received more reviews, unless it is the rating. Hopefully your story has received many hits.

Sorry I'm late reviewing. I was at a horse show the past two days.

So many emotions as I read your story. I really felt sorry for Sam as Dean left for the evening and as he waited in the motel room for morning when Dean would return. Sam is having to deal with the guilt and knowing he will be alone in a year if he can't figure out a way to save his big brother. Loved Sam's thoughts 'Dean's always taken care of you; it's your turn now, whether he likes it or not. Just push it down and figure out a way out of this mess. Once you figure it all out and save his sorry ass, then you can kill him for being such a selfish jerk.'

The scene in the bar with Dean was good. I could picture everyone noticing him as he entered. I also noticed your choice of girl, Texas gal who ended up in Arizona, cute.

So easy to picture the conversation between Dean and Lani. What woman wouldn't be drawn to Dean and than loose herself in his eyes and smile.

I had to smile when Dean chose Batman as the hero because of the cool car 'And Sammy, of course, would be Robin, the boy wonder, which makes us the Dynamic Duo.'

Not sure how Dean will make sure Sam will be alright after he is gone. I don't see how Sam will be able to live with the guilt.

It was nice that Sam was able to witness a different side of his brother in the cafe with Lani. It will help him understand his big brother a little better.

You did a wonderful job of sharing another hidden layer of the man called Dean Winchester.

Thanks for the story.

Take care.
irismay42 chapter 1 . 8/11/2007
Oh *sniff* that was lovely! (And maybe your first M rated story?) So much insight into not only Dean, but also Sam and their complicated relationship - complicated still further by Dean's deal.

I think you're right, this is definitely the way Dean would want to spend his last year, but the connection he made with Lani was absolutely heartbreaking, as well as quite gratifying that he's able to connect with someone on a level as deep as this. You drew her feelings particularly well, and, unusually for an OFC, you actually made us care about what she was feeling.

I loved this line: ...a world of cookie-cutter beauty... when you were describing her... For some reason it made me think of the new additions to the SN cast... Ahem...

Absolutely fabulous - sensitively written and completely engrossing.
filan vampire chapter 1 . 8/11/2007
Aye, I swear I've been reading too much of sexual and sensual stories this week. Heh heh. Not that I'm really complaining. If I'm not wrong, this is your first time doing such a story? I love it. It's not ranchy, it's great and you really brought out how Dean can love his women like they are his world even if it is just for one night that they are together physically. I don't think Dean would forget any of his women.

Having Sam being bitter for some parts of the story is realistic too. Can't help it that Sam is the mopping mess when it seemed like Dean really couldn't care (or at least not in front of Sam) that he is meeting his deadline soon. It was great to have Sam coming to realisation at the end of the story. It is not just a simple love story between Dean and his woman, but also of Sam seeing a side of Dean that he never did.

Great job, and this is exactly why you're on my favourite authors list! Can't wait for your new story!
mcatB chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
Sure, just make a girl cry now, bj! This was good - another side to see of Dean, and for Sammy to see it, too... wonderfully written. Thanks for sharing.
alwaysateen chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
Wow! How romantic! I like the way you describe Dean in this. He doesn't look like someone who takes advantage of every women he meet along the way. He remember everyone of them and respect them. Thanks for that image.
Remy'sRogue chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
That Darlin' was beautiful :)
clclemmons chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
Wow! Kind of at a loss for words. This was really beautiful. So much heart and soul put into this. Thanks for a great story.
kbpen chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
How lovely! It is so great to see the soft generous Dean and the concerned Sam. I love your stories.
27 | « Prev Page 1 2