Reviews for Night's Song
Desertfyre chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
I would love the dance with the forest! Lovely story! (Btw, what song inspired this-You didn't say what was becoming your fav song. This story makes me want to play some Celtic Women and re-read this, especially Granuaile's Dance.)

Anyway, beautiful story!
The Owl's Pen chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
Wow! You have captured the essence of C.S. Lewis and his vision of Lucy... that is a really high compliment from me, by the way! *big smile* The descriptions of the trees, the demeanor of Lucy, The lapse into the first person perspective of the author, the nighttime dreaminess... you've gotten it all just right! Extraordinarily written! Now I must go read the other three...
anonymous chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
That was beautiful! I sometime do that, just go dancing in my front yard in the moonlight, never had any trees join me, but my cat has! LOL! I love it! :)
Starsy Skye chapter 1 . 9/2/2008
*is a bit dazzled* Oh wow! What a beautiful picture! *grin* Lovely! Lovely, lovely. Your description of Lucy dancing with the Naiads and Dryads was absolutely enchanting! Wonderfully done! *can't help grinning again*

*goes off to daydream about the Narnian night sky*

~Starsy Skye
Sapphire Warrioress chapter 1 . 8/9/2008
This is absolutely beautiful. Your descriptions are powerful and I love the way you've captured Lucy's character.

Excellent work.
xcupcakex chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
It was really good and discriptive. It is one of a kind.

cc
Gracie chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
I love it. My one editor correction alert kicked in when I saw you use "sparking foams" instead of "sparkling foams," but then I realized that very likely that was intentional. This is beautiful. Keep it up. )
magdilen chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
cute
Glora chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
Wow. It was amazing! Beautiful description. You used great words to describe the land.
Elspeth.Davidson chapter 1 . 12/2/2007
"If you have never seen the forest sway in time to the rhythm of the sky and water..." That part is very Lewisy.

The description is very vibrant - and I like the bit between Peter and Lucy at the end. *Of course* Lucy does this - if she's only been queen for a year she has every excuse in the world.
TastyAsItGets chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
This is my favorite one! So magical! Oh, how I want to go to Narnia! Love this line:

"I will always come back!"
Galandria the Vampire Queen chapter 1 . 10/3/2007
very good fic
lightsabermaster chapter 1 . 8/26/2007
Wonderful story! Thanks for sharing! :)

BTW I just recently became addicted to Ted Dekker and Skillet's newest hit "The Last Night". You have excellent taste! :D
Capegio chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
That does seem like something Lucy would do. I loved your characterization of the trees and the water, comparing their natural attributes to clothing. That was a really nice image. Also, I loved this line:

"It was as if the very rhythm of life itself had burst into song - or as if it were the dying echoes of Aslan's song, the song of power that had pushed this very world into existence."

Metaphorically, that was a gorgeous idea. Nicely done. :)
Miniver chapter 1 . 8/13/2007
Both this story and its companion piece are gorgeous, filled with the magic that of all otherworlds only Narnia seems to possess. This is one important reason we all loved the books-the thought that we could go out at night and dance with the trees and sing with the stars. I feel sorry for Narnia fans who have only seen the movie and haven't read the books (or who have read the books once, quickly, and haven't contemplated the way they extend beyond their edges), because those fans don't yet know how rich this country of Aslan really is. Good for you for exploring this aspect of Narnia.