Reviews for In Spite of Me
Just a guy chapter 1 . 10/18/2013
That was really good! And so well writen I love Videl and this fic was a great chace to see 'the insides' of her thoughts throughout the Buu Saga, I really think so, very nice job :D
sheepeater chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
This was such a treat, a beautiful little story. I like how you delved into Videl's mind and showed us her thoughts from these different events. You got her character down perfectly.

My favourite line was this: She'd fallen for him, somewhere between the Satan City Bank, and where they stood on the Lookout, surrounded by friends and family.

Well done!

sora
LadyBlah chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
the only complaint i have, and its hardly one at all mind you, is that you need to proof read a little better. simple spots here and there that took a second to understand or something.

this was a really great story :)
ElricKeyblade chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
This was sweet, and quite thoughtful. Good job! :)
chimney leaf chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
I thought I had already reviewed this, I certainly remember reading it, more than once. This easily ranks as one of my favourite oneshots.
Ms. Videl Son chapter 1 . 3/5/2008
Ugh...I remember the part in the dub when Videl said "I loved him" to herself on the lookout. I remember thinking that they'd totally butchered her character...-_-; In this instance, the Japanese version had it right.

Anyway, I like this one even better than the last story I reviewed. You followed the Buu Saga well (from what I can remember of it, at least; never did read/watch it all the way through, I don't think) and kept Videl very in character. Gohan's reaction to her after she came back from the dead was very plausible, too. Nicely done

MVS
KageOkami-Kogo chapter 1 . 3/5/2008
Whoa! That was awesome! Such depth into her character! Gosh I loved it! Great job!
dbz-lover91 chapter 1 . 1/29/2008
Hey,

I was wary about reading this because whenever I find a good fic that really gives Videl the amount of character development that this fic does, I feel like crying. *laughs* Well, at least it's a 'happy' sort of feeling despite the heaviness.

It was beautiful and makes me all the more sorry that the series ended.

You are a talented writer and I hope you continue.

Bye!

PS-I am so adding this fic to my favourites.
dbzfan952 chapter 1 . 10/4/2007
i liked videl's character in this. you dont really see these kind of emotions in this much detail in the show, and this is a great insight. i think she was really in character.
animefreak5483 chapter 1 . 9/29/2007
I think this is my favorite thus far... I hope there are many more G/V fics of yours I can read... just in the mood for some DBZ fics right now... and your fics are just the ticket to quench that craving.

Good job!

*Adds to favorites*
SamuraiGirl7 chapter 1 . 8/31/2007
This was an interesting perspective to take and one that I enjoyed reading very much. I agree with you that the anime didn't go into the "feelings" too much but I commend you on how you portrayed it. Nicely Done.
smexy18 chapter 1 . 8/18/2007
Wow, wow, wow. Great job on writting this story! I would have to say, I was hoping for something other then the storyline, but it was well written! Good job! You should check out my fictions sometime...well once I'm allowed too. (I'm new to ffn so the two day thing isn't over. It will be on the 20th so check to see if its there.) Again, great job!
Feball3001 chapter 1 . 8/13/2007
Your story is really well written, it felt like I was Videl when I read it.
Story Weaver1 chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
I believe this is my favoirte GohanVidel fic you've written. It's a very nice progression

1. Follows because she thinks he's Sayiaman

2. Blackmails him to train her out of a growing inferiory complex

3. Becomes his friend and gets close to him durring the training

4. The shock of his supposed death making her realize how close he really was to her

5. Final realization when they are reunited at the Lookout.

The post-Spodivtch fight was sweet I liked it

Videl's fear when Buu escaped the Hyperbalic Time Chamber was excellent. I tried to do a scene like awhole that it was awful, no where near as good as this. I could almost /feel/ Videl's fear.

Liked the ending too. A conglomeration of several events leads to being in love.
AvaLuna chapter 1 . 8/11/2007
My first impression was: Wow...

You're so good, getting into people's head, wow you should be a shrink, I would so be your patient ( I would probably scare you away though...)

This was great D and did she really said she was going to ask him on a date D where can I see the episode?

Ava