Reviews for Coping Mechanism
SSG Michael B. Jackson chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Poor Kitty, that's all I can say; living a lie to make up for an unfulfilled dream. But then, I guess things like that happen to all of us, really...

Also, I'm guessing that you wrote this before Peter 'came back' and Kitty caught an apparently permanent one-way ride on the missile from Hell to save the world or something like that.

I never actually read that particular storyline, mind you(just caught the synopsis on Wikipedia)but it sure looks like good 'ole Marvel has just effectively switched Kitty and Peter's roles around; go figure, huh?

Of course, given the 'soap opera' nature of comic book plots these days, I'd imagine it'll only be a matter of time before Kitty is back in some way, shape, form or fashion.

Sorry to sound so cynical, but stuff like that was a big part of why I quit actively collecting comics almost twenty years ago. Now, if they had a few writers on their staff who produced works like the ones I've seen from you, I think I might still be collecting.

SSG Michael B. Jackson

"Punish the guilty and keep the innocent nervous!"
Golda Penwood chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
Touching. My own Piotr and I liked it very much :)
Miasen chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
Oh my, this was so sad! I swear, I was this close to crying! *holds up my fingers and it is only a tiny space between them* But even though it was sad, it was really beautiful. It had realistic touches that I really liked, and I loved lockheed! (i always do...) Great story!
darkstorm5000 chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
Good Read!

Yeah, it was somewhat dark and kinda twisted like you warned, but had an honest sense of realism for someone in Kitty's position at that point in time.

Loved the Lockheed sub-plot! I could almost hear him, while locked in the bathroom pacing back and forth in front of the toilet, thinking to himself in his own Stewie mind-voice, "What the hell does she think I am? A canine to be confined like some common stray, whenever she decides to have 'happy-time' with that, that, newpeter?"

Anyways, I also found the comment about Wisdom funny too. And I'm sure that it would come as a blow to his over-sized ego if he ever found out.

That is, if he were actually concerned about that aspect of his performance.
Shadowbox N. Paperchase chapter 1 . 8/11/2007
jeez! That was beautiful, I am still blinking back the tears.