Reviews for Ghost of A Smile
Wot Wot Wark chapter 1 . 11/1/2007
OMG. The last two lines of the fic were really great, honestly. Not sure why, but they've really stuck on me. Maybe it's just funny (and somehow quite in-character) that Goh is a camera whore after all. ;) Nice job.
Martin III chapter 1 . 8/13/2007
Heh... between Strike To Incinerate's fanfics and yours, I'm actually starting to get a pretty good picture of Goh, even though I've never played either of the games he's in!

This fic is an immense improvment over "Sake-Flavored Kiss", and that one wasn't exactly chopped liver. Excellent character exploration. I do enjoy OCs in fan fiction, and Ruri fits in very nicely - exactly the sort of girl you'd expect to unwittingly get involved with an assassin. Also the sort that you'd expect someone like Goh to actually feel comfortable with.

Mostly though, it's the terrific scene-setting that draws me in to this one. Every detail rings true to the mundane wonder that is life; in other words, nothing in this story is exaggerated nor dull. Splendid job!
Strike To Incinerate chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
Aww. I knew that deep down, Goh is a sweetheart. He just wants people to think he's tough, 'cuz he's an assassin, and he needs an assassin-y rep, lol.

So awesome. Thank you for the shout-out! -huggles.-

The lines, "They ended up curled up on her bed, drunk on kisses and half-dressed." and "It was Goh, and judging by the positioning he was holding the camera at arm’s length. He squinted slightly from the flash, but if Ruri looked close enough, she would see at the corners of his mouth, a ghost of a smile." were descriptive and poetic. In general, I'm not much for OCs, but... I like Ruri. And unlike most author's who pull OCs into their fanfiction you (-gasp!) kept Goh in character. You would not believe how many fanfictions I've seen where Mary-Sues have normally-disturbed and not-very-nice guys head over heels for them for no frickin' reason. Ruri's not a Mary-Sue, though; she appears very believable and realistic.

I would lovelovelove to see more of Ruri in the future. Near future, if possible...? *_*