Reviews for The Ties that Bind
anom chapter 30 . 1/30/2013
DAMMIT was hoping if ya put cliff in ud make him a red bulblebee xd
Auto Cerebral Star chapter 37 . 7/21/2012
I adore your story. Definitely a favorite.
Not sure if you've given up on the sequel or are on hiatus or are just stuck in RL and updating slowly, but I beseech you: Continue writing! Please! For me!
I want to know what happens to Barricade and Starscream and Kale and Trent. And Sam and Jazz and Peyton. And Optimus and Mikaela. And Simmons! :)
Kir chapter 27 . 7/20/2012
I am head over heels in love with your story. And the plot. And the characters. Especially Starscream and Kale. And now Barricade, too! :D
I was very very very sad to see that you haven't updated the sequel in a while. You. MUST. Continue it. Or I will track you down and... um... bribe you with cookies. Or ice cream. Do you like ice cream? Pfft, silly question. Everybody likes ice cream.
Also, I have this thing where I copy parts of stories that I really like and paste them in a Word document (so I can... what? Go back and read them later? I don't even know). I've copied pretty much every scene with Starscream in it, and many more besides. So far, I've got 40 pages saved from your story alone. I'm not sure whether to thank you for writing such a good fanfic or curse you for adding so much material to my massive and ever-growing archive of fanfiction snippets... ;)
Kir chapter 16 . 7/20/2012
Wow... I love Starscream and Kale. You have made this reader so damn happy... X)
keacdragon chapter 23 . 1/11/2012
I love how Prime blew! So few can make that look real! Nice work!
keacdragon chapter 21 . 1/11/2012
"You know, Ironhide," Sarah said with a sly smile, "for saying that human children are nothing, but a nuisance you sure know a lot about them."

"I do not."

"Then how do you always know what she's wants, huh?" the blonde woman teased.

"Well, someone has to," the mech grumbled.

Awesome!
keacdragon chapter 7 . 1/11/2012
or simply put, the Cube."

"In cube shape, I assume."

He sent her a deadpanned look.

"Sorry."

Awesome! I shall continue!
keacdragon chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
oh optimus what did you get yourself into now? Cool! I shall keep reading!
animelover1993 chapter 37 . 10/31/2010
I absolutely loved this story. It maybe wrong but I'm officially a PeytonOptimus shipper. Logic schmogic.
Cybernetic Mango chapter 6 . 6/2/2010
FINALLY! A reaction that's actually plausible!
FluffysBijin05 chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
I really loved this story! Loved the lovable characters, hated the hateable characters, cried with them sighed with them and all that Jazz... I like that you included Trent, you don't see him in a lot of stories. Oh and Glen and Maggie always love them. Hmm I like Glen/sideswipe and Jason/Ratchet Guardian pairs the best but all of them were great. I cried when Carter died but in a weird way I was glad that way him and Peyton couldn't get back together. Yea i know horrible of me but it's the truth *shrugs*. I also read a few of your other stories and I loved them too. So keep up the amazing job and thanks for the story!

Deuces _
Liliesshadow chapter 2 . 12/28/2009
xD the grandfather's awesome! a luau! thats priceless!
UsagiLovesDuochan chapter 37 . 9/6/2009
Well, done now with reading all chapters I have to say that I enjoyed your story. :) Usually I am not a big fan of OC's but yours was well written. She was not superwoman or anything like that and I was especially thankful that you did not pair her up with Optimus. It was a sad thing that you killed Carter. I was already fearing this when he was still there when the attack came up and I soon found out that I was right. Their relationship became more complicated with every chapter, but I was so hoping that things would turn to their favor in the end because they still loved each other. Guess not everyone can come out from a war as lucky as Sam and Mikaela. *sighs*

Your idea with Sunny and Meggie is interesting. I am looking forward what that will turn out to be in the sequel. I usually support Mech/Human relationship, as long as there are no OCs involved. Besides that I am usually open for everything as long as it's well written. :)

Oh, by the way, Paytons full name... you did not by any chance take up some influences from two certain female characters from CSI NY and Miami, did you? XD

What I also liked was the relationship between Kale and Starscream. That was another OC I took a liking to, which I usually tend to not do lightly. But the way you wrote them, their interaction, it was a lot of fun. I think they will turn out to be a great team in the future. I really hope that when the whole fighting ends Screamer will remain with Kale. He would be really happy about that, I am sure.

Now of course, you left some more open question for the sequel. For one, I am curious what will happen with Jazz. I really hope he comes around his fear with Megatron and turns back to be his old self, as much as he can be at last after dying. Actually, when Sam first took Miles and then went to wake Jazz from the dead, I was hoping that Miles would end up being Jazz's human partner. Maybe something like that might happen in the sequel? Would be nice.

It's also interesting to find out if Trent and the rest of them might be able to become friends in the long run and if Trent might find a new family with the humans and Autobots, now that his father is simply an ass. I liked the way you added his dog into the story. I LOVE dogs and it was simply a sweet interaction between human and pet you put there. :)

Another thing I was grateful for was the fact that Sam still kept a big role in the story. Usually when people introduce OCs they tend to write about them mostly and other main characters get thrown to the side. But in your story you showed as much of Sam as you did of the rest. You gave a view into every characters personality and life, movie characters as well as the new OCs and I am very happy about that. I am looking SO forward for Sam training his powers as well as training under Will and Ironhide. Somehow I feel really sorry for the poor boy. I had the feeling Will and 'Hide had too much fun with the idea of training Sam. XD

Now, I really hope I didn't forget anything. The only negative thing I have to say is that especially in the later chapters I noticed a lot of obvious spelling mistakes. For example you sometimes wrote 'two' when you meant 'too', simple but ovious things like that. Because they were so obvious and not exactly less I would advice for your betareader or yourself to look over the chapter a second time before uploading. It would make the reading even more enjoyable.

Well, beside that, there was nothing else I can point out. Looking forward to read your sequel.

Best wishes

Usagi-Atemu-Tom /_\
Demented Kat chapter 23 . 8/25/2009
D:...gee Bumblebee, way ta be an asshole! But yes, he -is- doing out of love. Stupid, idiotic love that will probably get somebody killed...but love all the same.

(Also: Ray my friend, you are the awesomest! 'Annd...Bumblebee's an idiot' *nods* So true man, so true)
ThatOneFan chapter 31 . 8/11/2009
You know? Despite the fact that so many people bring Jazz back to life,(which i am SO not against, cuz i LOVE Jazz) this is the only story i have read that actually shows it? like gives it a scene? and dose it believably? I love bringing Jazz back, and am glad you made it as realistic as one can with giant robots. And the Jazz/Megatron fight/fear thing works well, and makes it more real.(despite the fact that i wanna run up to him and give him a hug! poor Jazz!) An excellent story over all, if a tad depressing. i love the Starscream/Kale partnership. Way to make a bad-guy good without destroying the story!

I'm kinda weary of reading the sequel with your warnings of it being so dark, but ill suffer through at some point. i might wait till your farther along.

All in all Great story!