Reviews for Blood Brothers
Drakkenfyre chapter 1 . 7/30/2008
I love this story.

First, I love the bits of backstory you wrote for Jim. No offense to the canon writers, but people are not cogs, and even the occasional "messy life stuff" spilling over episode isn't really enough. These characters would hardly go back to their Borg alcoves and regenerate until their next shifts start. They would have friends and hobbies and stuff.

Next, the "Marion Norvel Mitchell" part was oh so funny. :) He's a great character.

The imagery was great, especially in this sentence: "Opening the door and going in, she found him sitting on the side of the tub, his face shadowed by a small nightlight as he looked up." Well, that and the Mitch if he were green he'd be Shrek thing.

For the obvious reason, I very much liked your "rice paddies" bit.

I also liked the "normally dapper Jim Brass" part, because that's so true, he's just always so perfect on the show, and the great thing about fanfic is that you can portray these other sides of the characters that aren't explored on the show.

But what did I like the most? I liked that Sofia wasn't sure about everything, that she was a little guarded, that Jim had his issues, and that they weren't a perfect couple. But that they were two people who were willing to work on it. And work on skipping stones, which was a beautiful scene. Just a perfect culmination of a lovely story. And your denouement's emotional resonance was perfect.

Oh, and was that the return of _the_ tan trousers? :D
jmstevens chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
Well, *I* can see someone calling Brass 'Jimmy'. :D

It's nice that you gave Sophia a fear of flying. Makes her that much more of a three dimensional character. Ditto with Brass having nightmares. you painted a really sweet relationship between them.

Thank you for mentioning "A Bullet Runs Through It" and "Way to Go"...those are two of my favorite eps.
Gib chapter 1 . 9/7/2007
Back from vacation and was so happy to see you'd written another story.

I thouroughly enjoyed the entire thing. I loved how relaxed everybody was with one another. Mitch and Carol were great. If they were real people, I'd want to hang out with them.

You really conveyed Jim and Mitch's deep friendship with the way they teased eachother. They made me laugh.

Great job with Jim and Sophia. I really like where you've taken their relationship. It just seems to be the perfect fit.

Awesome job! What's next?

-Gib-
spottedhorse chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
Really nice job! M, just love those Brasstales. We need more:-)
xyber116 chapter 1 . 8/13/2007
This was so funny. I laughed so much. I can only imagine seeing the biggest ball of twine. I can't wait for more Brass and Sophia fics.
Ladykestrel chapter 1 . 8/11/2007
Beau - Loved it! Your "challenge fic" to me is in the works and is titled "C-H-O-I-C-E-S". Best, Ladykestrel