Reviews for Love and Compromises
QueenOfTheDiamondDogs chapter 15 . 5/21/2008
AW! That was lovely. I have to say this is the life I imagined for Lizzie and Darcy. Well done on fabulous writing.
Hot n' Exotic chapter 15 . 5/13/2008
Great story! PLs update quick! But I also cant wait until darcy and liz have a daughter of their own!
princesssparkle01 chapter 15 . 5/3/2008
absolutely sensational - you have jane auten down to a tee. when you can please update new chapters since i am absolutley gripped!
quibbler149 chapter 15 . 4/22/2008
Hello there!

I have read your story and have come to offer some of my expert advice. No, I am joking! Do not think me as a cad! This is a truly brilliant story and I am pleased to see the progress of the chapters. I have noticed on the top that you had 199 reviews. I am going to make it 200 reviews with this one.

I think that sometimes I find myself wincing a little at the intimate scenes with Lizzie and Darcy. I feel that they are not necessary. I am sure that they love each other very much, but the scenes detract meaning from the original plot. Also, I find Lady Catherine's outburst very unconvincing. It was nice of her to forgive Lizzie, but I find some of her actions a little unrealistic for me.

But that's just me. I congratulate you on your story so far. I think it is an excellent story, but no story is without imperfections. I hope to see you improve your writing on Fanfiction. You have a steady path underneath your feet and I hope you will walk it!

Sincerely Yours,

quibbler149
Chica De Los Ojos Cafe chapter 15 . 4/21/2008
Aw, I love how Lady Catherine wasn't made to be the bad guy, but more of a repentive soul. Loved this chapter! UPDATE SOON!

Chica
Lucy65 chapter 15 . 4/20/2008
Great chapter! I loved the slap! Lady Catherine did the right thing for Emily.
TT chapter 15 . 4/18/2008
I am glad you updated, I am also glad that you created a happy situation for all involved, with Lady Catherine joyfully allowing Darcy and Elizabeth to take Emily. The only suggestion I have is to try and be a bit more formal in your writing. That is not meant to be a criticism as my English teacher is forever telling me the same thing; "your writing is too informal", it just that it would be that much better. Thanks again.
micheped chapter 15 . 4/18/2008
Alright, I read your story completely through and I have to say while there are some nice parts, I'm not completely convinced I like it. There are some things in this that bother me. I cannot completely connect with the emotions of the main characters, and it feels there is something missing. Especially the emotions that were playing through Elizabeth's pregnancy did not impress me. It seemed to repeat over and over. I also think the emotional ups and downs don't reach a full height and resolution. I cannot explain it better than that. The dialogue is not my favorite either, I cannot put my finger on it, but something about it doesn't flow well or something.

I also want you to know some of the inconsistencies for the period of your story. For instance, when Jane was birthing her child it is highly unlikely Elizabeth would have been permitted to enter the room. That applies for Georgiana along with Elizabeth. The reason being Georgiana is a maiden and Elizabeth at the time had never birthed a child. I also think you should keep away from the word 'biological' in a period piece, perhaps say something like 'a child not of her blood.' I doubt they would have said or thought of that word. And I think Darcy's mother was named Anne...

Also I didn't understand in the last chapter when Lady Catherine said 'You are to return to England and never grace my presence again.' I thought they were already in England. Rosings is located there.

That is not to say that I don't like your story at all. I enjoyed a lot of the fluff and I love reading about how Darcy loves his Elizabeth so much. Maybe you could focus the story on developing the other characters along with Elizabeth and Darcy, though. Perhaps throw Colonel Fitzwilliam into the mix; he always creates an entertaining character.

I believe this story has a lot of potential, so don't be discouraged by anything I have written. I mean it as purely constructive and don't want you to take it personally at all. Keep up the good work and have fun with it.

micheped
terid chapter 15 . 4/17/2008
what a great chapter, way to go lady catherine! post again soon

teri
Pinery chapter 15 . 4/17/2008
How sweet! Update soon!
winglessfairy25 chapter 15 . 4/16/2008
I was a bit surprised in the change of heart but I think it is for the best. The chapter was wonderful. Thanks for the update and good luck with school!

Rin
liz22463 chapter 15 . 4/16/2008
i liked it, but i thought the part with lady catherine was a bit... well, unreal. besides, it would be much more fun to have a dragon lady in the story anyways.
aserene chapter 15 . 4/16/2008
beautiful chapter! Excellent work! I'm so glad Lady Catherine decided to give Emily to Elizabeth. excellent work.
Pinery chapter 14 . 4/9/2008
this story so far is very good, but l can't comprehend why Darcy and Elizabeth loved Emily so quickly. update soon!
Lucy65 chapter 14 . 3/28/2008
I really hope they can raise Emily. Lady Catherine would make a miserable grandmother. Nice to see Darcy bond with the baby!
218 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »