Reviews for The Hard Way
Expressive Dissonance chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
Wow, depressing. Lovely scene-setting though. The killer intent was thick. I didn't recognize the scene and thought it was an overly-enthusiastic sparring match until Zack was sent tumbling down the stairs. D:
Confused Reader chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
Hello Pendrum. I have to say, this piece is beautifully well written and the lack of emotion you portray in Sephiroth is brutally in character. However, my feeble and sleep-addled brain has failed to recognise the protagonist in the fancfiction. Is it Cloud or Zack?

Please contact on with answer.
Tehstrongsauce chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
IM pretty sure that the "You" character is Cloud. But near the end I started to wonder if it was Zack.
Kazaam chapter 1 . 8/14/2007
Wow! I really liked how you wrote this...the ending especially.

"He is Sephiroth" - and that really is all that needs to be said.

This was Zack, of course. It was interesting to see how he clung to the idea of being a 1st class SOLDIER in order to help him through this.
THall chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
You've got a gift.

You're descriptions are neither minimal nor overdone.

You're neither sloppy nor maticulous.

Your stories seem to flow very naturally.

FFlove190 chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
Zacky! X-POTIONZ! -throwz-

I do believe... this is the first fic I've read about their battle... all I ever see his Zack flying out of Jenova's room and landing on the podliness...

Well done! Awesome erpective! 3 -insert many hearts-
Phan Quoc Anh chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
I beg to differ with kenshinboi. The 'you' in the story is definitely Zack, and the fight scene is obviously taken from the "Last Order" OVA. Only Zack knew and trusted Sephiroth personally, and he was the one with the official 1st class SOLDIER title. Cloud just took the title for himself in his case of identity crisis.

I really loved the way you wrote this fic, Pendrum, and how you captured Zack's thoughts as he battled the monster that is Sephiroth. I liked the way you portrayed Zack: calm, cool, calculating, yet a bit proud and vain at the same time. Though if it weren't for his pride, clinging to his title of 1st class, he couldn't have faced Sephiroth for as long as he did. Anyways, as I was writing, the way you portrayed Zack really broke away from his image of a cheerful, goofy person in most fan fictions.

Nice work with the battle description, btw. If you could include such a realistic battle in a longer fic, it would definitely be worth a read.

I wonder why you chose to write this fic in second person, though? Was it to "break the fourth wall" of writing fan fictions that you mentioned in "My disjointed life", or some other reason altogether?

Anyways, nice fic in general. I look forward to reading your future works.
Fighter le Faye chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
So detailed-nice one! Just in awe right now.
kenshinboi chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
nice fanfic... the you was really obvious... Cloud
Jimmy chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
That was cool! It was awesome, and the fight scene seemed amazingly real. You are very talented when it comes to detail in writing.