Reviews for The Memory Remains
gatorpez chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
What a lovely missing scene - you could feel the brothers' emotions throughout this fic. Thank you.
may7fic chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
What a lovely, lovely piece. Great emotion from both boys. Real, warm and believable, in keeping with the episode. The missing scene blends beautifully into and out of what happened in canon. The heartache was palpable and it made me want to hug them both. This is one of my favorite episodes and you really did it proud - bravo!
Onari chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
Nice :D I loved to read a Sam so sweet and caring, and Dean willing for one to be comforted by him. You're absolutely right, that chapter NEEDED far more HC.

Thanks for sharing!

xx
alwaysateen chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
Wow! Amazing! I love this episode so much and I also thought we were missing some great parts. Like yet another miraculous recovery from Dean. He's about to fall down in the building and then he's just fine in the hotel room. We always missed the in-between stuff. So thanks for that!
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
I am so glad you added to this episode giving some much needed brotherly affinity back. The pseudo world that Dean had inhabited was subpar because his brother, his Sammy, was not there. Didn't mean he didn't like, love this world, it just meant this world was never entirely real to him and thats why at the end he could free himself from it. Loved how his Sam, his Sammy, was finally able to draw this out of him.
rholou chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
great story. i really enjoyed it.
Mousitsa chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
Beautifully written with beautiful descriptions and so much rich & raw emotion. Loved the references to past events like “Faith”. Nice to see Sam being the mother hen and Dean not only needing his help but reluctantly allowing it. Excellent brotherly love exhibited and perfect “voices” in character with their banter. Nice touch to throw out there and acknowledge the flirtations with death so far. And um, yeah, coffee addiction... I can relate so well because I’m a total caffeine drug addict! Loved that the addiction may have been inspired by John... a very nice touch. You really do write beautifully! And this was such a wonderful way to fill in those missing hours between rescue and talk.

“They were brothers, ready to stand by each other whenever they needed each other.” Yes! THAT right there is why we love these boys so much!

Constructive criticism time: (1) I believe this line “he was safe and being watched over by the only true family he ever had” cannot be true. Dean loved and admired his father greatly so Sam is not the “ONLY true family” nor would Dean think so. (2) I’m not sure how you do it or if it’s natural or intentional, but you seem to walk a very fine line between an outpouring of brotherly love & concern that we are all just suckers for, and shades of the (dreaded) “w” while keeping completely on the brotherly love side. (3) Mini-gripe/pet peeve: it’s gnawing at me and I gotta say it... I find a certain uneasy feeling crawl into me whenever fic writers stress terms like “his Sam”, “his Sammy”, “his Dean”, when referring to the boys’ relationship. It almost makes the other sound like a possession, or worse, it has an erotic-codependent innuendo to it that if one is not careful can hint into “w” territory. I know the purpose of such phrases are to stress Dean’s brotherly closeness to Sam (and vice versa), but I personally find them a little grating and wish for other ways of the brotherly bond to be exhibited. An occasional tossing out of such terminology is ok, but purehalo, you may have overdone it a bit. Again, just a general mini-gripe which in no way detracts from my appreciation of the wonderful story you have presented.

Excellent story, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you for sharing.
Brenny chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
i was sure that there would be a hug, guess i was wrong, but your story is awesome anyway *g* really good job!
jrallfan chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
aw, I loved it! Another classic "purehalo" story. I really love how you write! Poor Dean and I love reading protective Sam with hurt Dean! Nobody does it better! Keep it up and thanks for sharing!
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
Very emotionally evocative. I really enjoyed the 'wishing well' concept.
Mich chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
Thank you so much for this story. I love your missing scene stories-you write them perfect. Thanks again for another GREAT fanfic.
DeanBean chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
That was really good,

usually i don't read tags for episodes but this one was actually really good :D

Keep up the good work ;)

deanbean

xoxoxoxo
gaelicspirit chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
This was sweet. I really liked the little addition of the smell of coffee meaning home and when Dean caught that scent he know that only his Sam would have remembered that. Would have known to do that.

This episode was like one of those choose your own adventure books. How many of us have found ourselves wondering if we just changed one thing how many other things would that change cascade throughout our lives.

I enjoyed how you stressed that each brother was "theirs" - meaning "his" Sam, "his" Dean. This is really who they are - to themselves and to each other. Nicely done.
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
That was lovely!
Supernoodle chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
Aw, so good. So sad.

Go on, Sam. Hug Dean... Hug him. He needs a hug, Dammit!

TTFN, Supernoodle x