Reviews for The Roaring Snake
Pecan Crisp chapter 16 . 10/11
"For the present, you maybe right, Quirinius"

Just wanted to point out a couple things here. First, I think his name is actually Quirinus, not Quirinius; the third 'i' is not needed. Google confirms this, but I still might be wrong. Secondly, that 'maybe' should actually be 'may be'. 'Maybe' is an adverb, but the word it is connected to here, 'right', is a noun in this case, so you would need the adjective form, 'may be'.
PaddyBee chapter 1 . 5/20
I thought this would be fascinating- the grammar is good, the spelling is good, the premise is unusual. Unfortunately it is boring, too many characters, each with own history and descriptions, same structure as Jane Austen but without the skill. Gave up
NIC chapter 1 . 4/28
I was going to continue to read further on but if the fic is like Centaurious has posted then i have to agree with him and avoid this fic.
coolshava chapter 28 . 3/20
In canon, JK Rowling noted that Quirrell was a defense prodigy and hoped to find the dark Lord and learn his secrets. voldemort tricked him into being possessed.
delia cerrano chapter 30 . 1/5
Above average story! I will go on to the sequel for sure.
Guest chapter 14 . 12/14/2015
When you are saying Cerebus do you mean Cerberus
Centaurious chapter 22 . 12/6/2015
You have created a truly unbeatable foe in your Dumbledore. He knows what everyone in the wizarding world is doing, even in the privacy of their own homes. He has all the laws on his side, and he's allowed to break any of them. Since Harry has no chance of surviving, never mind winning, this story holds no more interest for me and I'm dropping it.
Gleas chapter 22 . 10/17/2015
As much as I am enjoying the story, it is truly disgusting how Dumbledore and Snape act in regards to children in their care. Realistically, the whole lot is only eleven and pitted against people two, three or more times their age... The sheer audacity and ruthlessness of this men makes me gag in horror
SortingHat chapter 5 . 10/5/2015
This is what the bible promised when you walk away from God.

Mankind gets *handed* over to it's sins and you wind up with mind fuck games and organized religions to fool people into *buying* their way to heaven and in a hypocrite fashion they frown upon home bible study groups.

God will *grease* the tracks man makes and now mankind chooses the wrong way and becomes full of themselves and religion cannot fool the creator as a shield either.
SortingHat chapter 4 . 10/5/2015
Actually having Harry help mudbloods might not be a bad idea because somewhere in the *mix* could be a pure blood that has no choice but be stuck with lesser beings. No matter how kind some muggle borns can be it is like mixing the wrong DNA together and you get results you did not want nor expect.

Children do not get to choose with who they get to be so there could be some pure bloods who do not know they hate their situation and can be *rescued*.
SortingHat chapter 3 . 10/5/2015
Only typo I see is the title of the story. Snakes DO NOT roar no matter how mad you make them. They will hiss and bite but they do NOT roar unless you combine Slytherin and Gryffindor together and get Slytherdor!

Red and yellow snakes with the paws and mouth of a lion!
SortingHat chapter 3 . 10/5/2015
I can see where the Malfoy's come from. The difference between *mudbloods* and *purebloods* is the way they were raised. Pure bloods are raised around magic and are generally more competent and able to learn more advanced rituals in addition to spells.

Muggle borns the odds are against them that they will go beyond the practical or the politically correct side safety bubble very much due to not having enough exposure and interest.

Don't bite me. It's just the way it works.

Sure there might be a few exceptions such as Hermione and Justin but as I said they are the exceptions not the rule and should count their blessings.
FotoDi chapter 3 . 9/15/2015
Would Minerva McGonagall leave an 11-year-old child, obviously mistreated, obviously ill-equipped for the "Big Bad World" - either muggle or magical, obviously overwhelmed from the Day's unexpected revelations, ...

Would Prof. McGonagall put such a child alone on a train in London to return by himself to angry muggle relatives (that Hagrid had tormented & cursed)...!?
Ezmerelda chapter 1 . 9/7/2015
In chapter four, did you mean obol, a Greek coin equal to 1/6 drachma, derived from the Greek word for spit?
Ezmerelda chapter 4 . 9/7/2015
Oops - in the discussion about training, it reads, " them properly during the various so that they..."

Autocorrect is a pain, isn't it?