Reviews for The Roaring Snake
Sean Mulligan chapter 27 . 5/18/2009
I'm curious about why their wer fewer muggleborns in Riddle's time.
Sean Mulligan chapter 15 . 5/17/2009
I hope that Greengrass apologizes for using the word mudblood.
Sean Mulligan chapter 12 . 5/17/2009
Harry should have said that he previously had as little flying experience as any of the muggleborns.
Sean Mulligan chapter 11 . 5/17/2009
Harry should mention that he is a half blood as well.
Sean Mulligan chapter 5 . 5/17/2009
The twins are very ambitious with their joke shop and they work hard on their pranks.
lord potter chapter 5 . 5/16/2009
i have read only till the 5th chapter and i wnted to tell you that your work is fantastic... its awesome.. its realistic and the charecters are well plotted until now.. its fantastic to see some one sticking to reality even if it is fatasy... great work keep it going...
gennastar chapter 29 . 5/2/2009
I think your story is overall good quality. My quibble is it reminds me of the time I spent reading mysteries. The mystery author normally spent so much time giving us logical constructs or clues about what was related to what, the joy of reading went to story's construction and not the wonder of all that is magical and new about the made up world.

You brought up magical creatures without letting the muggleborns be astounded at their wonder and majesty. The logical is impeccable. The age of the first years leads me to doubt whether they are capable of understanding much less hatching out the vicious nature of some adults.
A chapter 27 . 4/30/2009
typo "from its greatest exponent"
AnnF chapter 9 . 4/29/2009
Rereading.

"“The Philosopher's Stone!”, she ejaculated incredulously" ejac. is a rather loaded word choice, surely another would be better here?
insomniac111 chapter 17 . 4/21/2009
the way you mark you endnotes are, unnerving per se,

perhaps you could put a parenthesis around your one, or change the one to an astrik
Inso chapter 9 . 4/20/2009
While this review is for a previous chapter, I jet thought that I would comment on how weird it sounded to have harry describe Neville as the "toad loser". It just sounds kinda derogatory, but oh well, sometimes things come out differently on paper than they do in our heads.
adara13 chapter 29 . 4/14/2009
Wow, very good finale. Now I can't wait to see how the separate "house" will pan out. In a way, it seems like it could be a good thing for the group, although I guess getting isolated won't win Harry any more allies. Still, I'm sure Dumbledore has an evil plan to it. Can't wait to see what's next!
Cthulu chapter 29 . 4/4/2009
Great story dude, really like the plot and how everyone's actually thinking logically and not jumping to horribly misguided conclusions all the time...

Bit annoyed at the attitude of Snape, it's a bit overdone if you ask me, but then again, I'm used to stories where he's not a complete jackass, so I may be a bit biased. Otherwise, great characterisation and good work on keeping the personalities separate.

Keep up the good work, and hope to see a sequel )

Please do email me if you post one, or if you ever need a beta reader.

email:
Slytherin66 chapter 29 . 4/1/2009
This is a brilliant story its concept and implementation is masterful I have never read anything like it, having everybody try to control or influence Harry for their own purposes regardless of good or bad. It makes for such a compelling read to see what Harry will do and whom he will align himself with. I liked what you did with Quirrell you made him capable and that is a rare occurrence. You really have done Narcissa justice I am glad I think she is a very capable and very under utilised character.

Your author notes were very insightful I enjoyed reading them I look forward to the continuation of this story and thank you.
darklordmike chapter 29 . 3/29/2009
This was an excellent story; very enjoyable from beginning to end. I like the little cabal of rebels you've gathered around Harry, especially Sak "Soccerball" Rosier. That name cracks me up. Their group was a refreshing change from typical trio stories.

I also really like your characterization of Dumbledore. The implication at the end is that he probably forced Quirrell to accept Voldemort's possession, something I've not seen in a story before.

The only quibble I have is a minor one: the kids are only 11, but they all, especially Harry, talk like philosophy professors. I had no problem suspending disbelief, but it was something that occasionally bothered me.

Overall, a very impressive story and I'm really looking forward to the sequel.
980 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »