Reviews for The Roaring Snake
MrRobertsIII chapter 29 . 3/10/2009
Dumbledore planning the traps as a test for Harry I have seen before. What was nicely new was Dumble's setting up Quirrell. That was wonderfuly cold hearted and makes perfect sense.

For a no-action chapter, it was a fun read.
Adyen chapter 29 . 3/10/2009
Well... Harry's jumping to a lot of conclusions due to circumstantial facts. For instance, Dumbledore could have laid the fake stone to be stolen, and set an alarm at the point where the stone would be taken so he could find out who was trying to steal the stone. Harry's making a (probably correct) assumption that he was to stop the thief, who would be possessed by Voldy.

Regardless, Harry is assuming a lot, so it would be rather interesting if his assumptions would bite him in the ass. :D
dhawthorne chapter 29 . 3/10/2009
Marvellous chapter, as always - I really am enjoying this story!
Matt chapter 29 . 3/10/2009
Great job-I definitely agree that you should put the second year into a new story...it provides closure while allowing you to introduce new threads without the confusion that can occur in stories that try to link years without careful planning.

As to this story, you've set the protagonists and antagonists well and if anything, made the protagonists too strong at this point. I will be very interested to see how you bring their somewhat disorganized efforts together as time advances.

Thanks for this excellent effort and I look forward to the second year whenever it begins posting.

Matt
Wonderbee31 chapter 29 . 3/10/2009
Well done here, and really liked how the year wrapped up, and now, how will things go with Minerva, what other plans will Albus have for Harry, and when will Harry and Millie go on their first date, LOL. Liked how this went, and a wonderful story, and now, can't wait for the next year.
Tillantria chapter 29 . 3/10/2009
My suggestion is to update this story, in its last chapter, with a link to the sequel. Otherwise your fans might overlook it.
David Fishwick chapter 29 . 3/10/2009
Well done and I liked how wrote Harry and his new friends. I am looking forward to seeing the sequels. Thanks for writing.
RRW chapter 29 . 3/10/2009
OMG, how I have missed this story...SO WELL DONE!
karlii chapter 29 . 3/10/2009
any war with Dumbledore is a good war, imo :-)

This has been a fun story, and I hope you do continue with sequels! I can't wait to see what happens next! hm...

keep up the good work!
cyiusblack chapter 29 . 3/10/2009
update soon
The-Resident chapter 28 . 3/8/2009
Thank you for another excellent chapter. It is quite interesting to see someone try to put logic to JKR's illogic. I totally agree with the discussion at the end of the chapter and add another famous quote: "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark." (Quote from Marcellus in Shakespear's Hamlet.) Meaning 'the fish is rotting from the head down—all is not well at the top of the political hierarchy.' (aka Dumbledore)
MaireadInish chapter 28 . 2/18/2009
I just noticed that most of one of my previous reviews was chopped off! And I can't remember what I said, but it was probably how wonderful the story is. It's a much more in depth approach than canon.

I really enjoy manipulative-Dumbledore stories, and yours is done well. It takes canon and really makes me think about it.

I really hope to see a continuation of this story through all seven years, especially as I'd love to see the Harry/Millicent parts. I love Harry/Odd pairings because they actually explain why Harry is with his chosen partner. I actually kind of like Ginny as a character, but a chest monster does not mean love; it means alien invasion...

So, lovely story and I look forward to seeing more.
MaireadInish chapter 20 . 2/16/2009
I love your story. It's interesting, well-developed, and thought provoking.

However, the needlessly italicized words throughout the fic are driving me crazy. Could you possibly stop doing that? I'm an English teacher; it causes me pain.
Fluphy Ninja chapter 3 . 2/16/2009
Ok i enjoy your story but there is one part, “The previous Dark Lord, Grindelwald, was a Gryffindor", i disagree with, im not claiming to be an expert but im pretty sure Grindelwald went to Durmstrang, now i might be wrong and i can accept that, but besides that great chapter.
Reviewer of the West chapter 27 . 2/15/2009
Great story so far, but there is a very easy way Riddle could have proven his claim of Heir to those he chose to. Specifically ParselTongue. There might be secrets of Slytherine house which might be available to the true heir which he could also use to assert his will.

Also, a few chapters you said something about how children cannot sustain abuse. I have to wonder how you came to such a bizarre conclusion. Bullies love someone to bully and Malfoy is a perfect victim with his lack of subtly and whining. I would find it far more likely that Snape would eventually stomp down any overt actions and people might find an easier target.

Please continue.