Reviews for The Roaring Snake
insomniac111 chapter 17 . 4/21/2009
the way you mark you endnotes are, unnerving per se,

perhaps you could put a parenthesis around your one, or change the one to an astrik
Inso chapter 9 . 4/20/2009
While this review is for a previous chapter, I jet thought that I would comment on how weird it sounded to have harry describe Neville as the "toad loser". It just sounds kinda derogatory, but oh well, sometimes things come out differently on paper than they do in our heads.
adara13 chapter 29 . 4/14/2009
Wow, very good finale. Now I can't wait to see how the separate "house" will pan out. In a way, it seems like it could be a good thing for the group, although I guess getting isolated won't win Harry any more allies. Still, I'm sure Dumbledore has an evil plan to it. Can't wait to see what's next!
Cthulu chapter 29 . 4/4/2009
Great story dude, really like the plot and how everyone's actually thinking logically and not jumping to horribly misguided conclusions all the time...

Bit annoyed at the attitude of Snape, it's a bit overdone if you ask me, but then again, I'm used to stories where he's not a complete jackass, so I may be a bit biased. Otherwise, great characterisation and good work on keeping the personalities separate.

Keep up the good work, and hope to see a sequel )

Please do email me if you post one, or if you ever need a beta reader.

Slytherin66 chapter 29 . 4/1/2009
This is a brilliant story its concept and implementation is masterful I have never read anything like it, having everybody try to control or influence Harry for their own purposes regardless of good or bad. It makes for such a compelling read to see what Harry will do and whom he will align himself with. I liked what you did with Quirrell you made him capable and that is a rare occurrence. You really have done Narcissa justice I am glad I think she is a very capable and very under utilised character.

Your author notes were very insightful I enjoyed reading them I look forward to the continuation of this story and thank you.
darklordmike chapter 29 . 3/29/2009
This was an excellent story; very enjoyable from beginning to end. I like the little cabal of rebels you've gathered around Harry, especially Sak "Soccerball" Rosier. That name cracks me up. Their group was a refreshing change from typical trio stories.

I also really like your characterization of Dumbledore. The implication at the end is that he probably forced Quirrell to accept Voldemort's possession, something I've not seen in a story before.

The only quibble I have is a minor one: the kids are only 11, but they all, especially Harry, talk like philosophy professors. I had no problem suspending disbelief, but it was something that occasionally bothered me.

Overall, a very impressive story and I'm really looking forward to the sequel.
peoplhi chapter 29 . 3/27/2009
love this fic.

i agree with you doing the next year in a different chapter.

would be glad if the rest of the series is completely different from the canon.

also, i find snape is a bit out of character. too loyal to dumbles. strangely so, he is supposed to be a master occ...occum...occumens? yeah, that. which means that he keeps his temper and intentions under control. but with your fic, he sometimes sounds like a fanatical emotional idiot. plus, in the book he hated potter cuz he looks like james but with lily's eyes, so its kinda like harry is the bane of his failure to be with his love (which is a bit obsessive in the series). also harry is a bit of an idiot in the series, blinded by a combination of selfishness and a poorly constructed view of right and wrong combined with quick judging. snape had a right to hate him in the series. but in your story harry was smart and cunning, snape would have noticed it and be like "ok, he is kinda cool in my book. sure i hate him for being james' and lily's son but i shouldn't take it out on him since he is a capable human being." then he'd be like "man, Big D is kinda crazy on this kid. WTF? i know dumbles probably knows what he's doing but jesus, leave the kid alone man."

yeah, he would totally say that... just like that...
Arielline chapter 29 . 3/26/2009
After I wrote the review for the previous chapter, ffdotnet decided that I could be let on this one! Gr. Anyways, you wrote such a powerful conclusion that I am extremely excited for the next installment! Please tell me you've got it mostly done! :) Haha... I should know better than to ask that. I hope it will be up soon! I can't wait to see how Lucius Malfoy would drop that diary now... or if it's another of Dumbledore's plans?
Arielline chapter 28 . 3/26/2009
New fan here. I'm sorry I haven't been reviewing faithfully... but I only stumbled upon this today and read straight on through.

First, I am quite disappointed in ffdotnet 'cause when I click on the next button for the End of the Year chapter, it says "error".

Secondly, this is an incredible story! You've got quite an imagination on you - and actually, I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING ABOUT DUMBLEDORE ONCE I FINISHED READING GOF! No way is this old man completely good!

Then again, I took many Sorting Hat quizzes and they told me that I am a Slytherin.

That said though, I ought to move on. Sorry, I rambled a bit.

I was wondering why you didn't include a couple of things that they could have discussed in this chapter. The repelling ward on the train, for one is an absolute biggie. Secondly: how despite not being close to any Weasley; Harry got invited to spend a month at the Burrow before school started (went to a MacMillan party where he had an "interview" with Elphias Doge), and again during the Christmas Holidays (when the Weasleys were supposed to go to Romania to visit Charlie; though I could understand if you HAD to change that completely). Speaking of the Holidays, when Harry was at St. Mungo's; who was the guard and why did he purposely turn away Goldstein, Greengrass and Rosier? Speaking of St. Mungo's, how on earth does Emmeline Vance (a certified Healer) not recollect who spoke with her about Harry's "Dark" friends? And lastly, the two articles written by Elphias Doge... where it was pretty obvious that both circumstances were easily "set up"; they could have started this topic after the listening charm has been found.

You know what though? I've got no real complaints. Those above were just questions I thought that could have been concluded in the discussing, but weren't.

I look forward for your take on CoS and Hufflepuff Harry... I'm sure it'll be delish!
shiftyless chapter 26 . 3/24/2009
Very neat this here is everything written described well
LoireLoa chapter 29 . 3/23/2009
This story was very intriguing. Harry is not nearly as dim here as he is in canon, and Dumbledore is spot on.
Chibeh chapter 29 . 3/21/2009
Despite it being an almos too manipulative fic in parts, I find myself wondering if you'll do a fic for the second year?
mekareami chapter 29 . 3/17/2009
Glad to see the story doesn't really end here :) Thank you for writing and I look forward to your sequel.
Midnite RiderJJ chapter 29 . 3/16/2009
This is great! No superpower Harry or suddenly-rich Harry. Can't wait for more. Please update with the sequel soon. Goodluck!
witowsmp chapter 29 . 3/14/2009
Those are very good points about how Quirrel wound up with Voldemort and Dumbledore having the Stone removed from Gringotts 'just in the nick of time.'

Obviously, one of the reasons for separation is to limit Harry's influence and ability to get new friends.

I look forward to the rest of the story.
971 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »