Reviews for The Roaring Snake
Centaurious chapter 22 . 12/6/2015
You have created a truly unbeatable foe in your Dumbledore. He knows what everyone in the wizarding world is doing, even in the privacy of their own homes. He has all the laws on his side, and he's allowed to break any of them. Since Harry has no chance of surviving, never mind winning, this story holds no more interest for me and I'm dropping it.
Gleas chapter 22 . 10/17/2015
As much as I am enjoying the story, it is truly disgusting how Dumbledore and Snape act in regards to children in their care. Realistically, the whole lot is only eleven and pitted against people two, three or more times their age... The sheer audacity and ruthlessness of this men makes me gag in horror
SortingHat chapter 5 . 10/5/2015
This is what the bible promised when you walk away from God.

Mankind gets *handed* over to it's sins and you wind up with mind fuck games and organized religions to fool people into *buying* their way to heaven and in a hypocrite fashion they frown upon home bible study groups.

God will *grease* the tracks man makes and now mankind chooses the wrong way and becomes full of themselves and religion cannot fool the creator as a shield either.
SortingHat chapter 4 . 10/5/2015
Actually having Harry help mudbloods might not be a bad idea because somewhere in the *mix* could be a pure blood that has no choice but be stuck with lesser beings. No matter how kind some muggle borns can be it is like mixing the wrong DNA together and you get results you did not want nor expect.

Children do not get to choose with who they get to be so there could be some pure bloods who do not know they hate their situation and can be *rescued*.
SortingHat chapter 3 . 10/5/2015
Only typo I see is the title of the story. Snakes DO NOT roar no matter how mad you make them. They will hiss and bite but they do NOT roar unless you combine Slytherin and Gryffindor together and get Slytherdor!

Red and yellow snakes with the paws and mouth of a lion!
SortingHat chapter 3 . 10/5/2015
I can see where the Malfoy's come from. The difference between *mudbloods* and *purebloods* is the way they were raised. Pure bloods are raised around magic and are generally more competent and able to learn more advanced rituals in addition to spells.

Muggle borns the odds are against them that they will go beyond the practical or the politically correct side safety bubble very much due to not having enough exposure and interest.

Don't bite me. It's just the way it works.

Sure there might be a few exceptions such as Hermione and Justin but as I said they are the exceptions not the rule and should count their blessings.
FotoDi chapter 3 . 9/15/2015
Would Minerva McGonagall leave an 11-year-old child, obviously mistreated, obviously ill-equipped for the "Big Bad World" - either muggle or magical, obviously overwhelmed from the Day's unexpected revelations, ...

Would Prof. McGonagall put such a child alone on a train in London to return by himself to angry muggle relatives (that Hagrid had tormented & cursed)...!?
Ezmerelda chapter 1 . 9/7/2015
In chapter four, did you mean obol, a Greek coin equal to 1/6 drachma, derived from the Greek word for spit?
Ezmerelda chapter 4 . 9/7/2015
Oops - in the discussion about training, it reads, "...training them properly during the various so that they..."

Autocorrect is a pain, isn't it?
Ezmerelda chapter 3 . 9/7/2015
Two things: begninity is incorrect. The word is benignancy, the quality or state of being benign (Webster's).

Fructified is technically correct, but is so extremely obscure so as to seem incorrect by modern readers. The more common phraseology is, "had come to fruition."

Enjoying the story, thanks for writing!
nintschibintschi chapter 24 . 6/17/2015
amazing chapter love this clever harry and the norbert business :)
fly chapter 30 . 6/4/2015
Lovly fic
BlazeVein chapter 14 . 5/23/2015
Cerberus, as in cer-be-rus the dog from Hades.
thebetawholived chapter 17 . 5/1/2015
Well that was an interesting little financial machination!

Of course, nobody has made an unbreakable vow yet, just offered their 'word of honour.' I hope it works out.
thebetawholived chapter 8 . 4/30/2015
Clever of Harry to see how his 'friends' reacted to the sorting.

I thought he was going to ask for the house where could maintain friendship most easily. I got that one wrong!
980 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »