Reviews for The Roaring Snake
AnnF chapter 3 . 9/19/2007
I have trouble believing Minerva wouldn't accompany Harry all the way to his front door, especially with him using Muggle means of travel home.
nljfs chapter 1 . 9/19/2007
Just one little thought - why does Minerva NOT know where Harry is, as she was there when Hagrid delivered him?

OTOH - having her go to Diagon Alley to meet him is a good idea - It's just a little nitpik. But, Hagrid & Minerva should know where he is, others, no, but them, yes.

nancy in chiacgo
paul randall chapter 5 . 9/17/2007
what an exerlent story i love the political interige and in fighting. i eagerley await the next chapter
Ame Suisei chapter 5 . 9/14/2007
A very interesting story. I must admit i dont recall seeing this exact approach to hogwarts before and must say the new look is quite refreshing.

Hope to see the next chapter soon.
Caellach Tiger Eye chapter 1 . 9/13/2007
You ... you hate Snape. You ... you ruined the beauty of your stories with that made clear. I liked them, but I cannot read them anymore. Snape, after Fred and George, is my favourite. Goodbye.

(P.S. I'm going to miss 'Lions and Badgers', now you've said it. Why the HELL do I like HarryHannah so much?)
Wonderbee31 chapter 5 . 9/10/2007
First off, it's nice to continue to see this story, one where Harry has a healthy suspicion of a lot of things, where all sides are trying to manipulate things, and the characters are a lot more 3-D than usual, even more than canon, imo. I look forward to what happens next, and what role Millicent will play, and whether she'll be a part of the game like Harry, or know that she's a real player on the field. Interesting about the Weasley's, and will be wondering how longs things will go on.
David Fishwick chapter 5 . 9/9/2007
Loved it especially that Harry sees the Weasley's flaws of being too content with their life and not striving to be better. The ending was good so what is Dumbledore going to do?
HPMarvelGirlie chapter 5 . 9/9/2007
Interesting story so far. I can't wait to see what House Harry gets sorted into when he gets to Hogwarts.
sweetgirl23 chapter 5 . 9/9/2007
I love your view of the Weasley's. Content with their lot in life. That statement is so true except for maybe Percy. But is so true about Ron and Mr. Weasley. You never heard Arthur talking about striving to be the best. Going after what you want. I think the Weasley's never went after what they wanted or strived to be more than what they were because that means you would have to have ambition and that is a Slytherin trait. Maybe that is why they were so complacent. I am glad that Harry noticed the flaws with the Weasley family. The statemnt about unwilling to work for progress was spot on. Ron never did like to work or study. He expected things to be handed to him and was jealous when people had more than him, not realizing what those people had to scarifice and work for to get these things. I believed that in canon Harry took on a lot of these traits. He never really worked unless Hermione pressed him about it and he always expected the others to tell him information. He rarely sought it out himself unless the situation was dire. I love the fact that Harry won't turn into the lazy self-contained person he was in canon. I can't wait to see how Dumbledore and Narcissa play against each other. Excellent chapter. Can't wait for the next one.
rune1806 chapter 5 . 9/9/2007
hi good update, i look forward to seeing the bone's and greengrass's reaction to harry being moved. great story.
Katzztar chapter 5 . 9/9/2007
Just as the two Weasleys had finished their discussion, two more people had put down the day's Daily Prophet with sinister relish. The first was Narcissa Black-Malfoy, who murmured, “Now, Albus, we shall see who can play these games better.”

The second was Albus Dumbledore, who smiled coldly and almost cruelly, “Now, Lucius, let us see how you like when your games go awry.”

**Snicker** Close, Dumb-as-a-door,it's not Lucius but his wife.

I hope Harry is getting the Prophet and the Weasleys didn't notice until too late. Speaking of the Prophet, I'm glad that it gave a good view of McGonnagall for tending to his clothing. That will put her in good standing with fellow witches and wizards.

"...his relatives on his mother's side – who have not had any relations, commercial or social, with our world in the last twenty years" I find the sentence odd. I had to think why the Muggle Evans family would have commercial or social relations with the wizarding world. I wondered if it meant that the Evans had ongoing contact with wizards when Lily was in school. But Harry was born when Lily was 21 (at least in cannon, don't know about your story ;P) Since Harry is 11, then 9 years earlier would have Lily in her 2nd year. So The prophet makes is sound as if the Muggle family was in frequent contact for some reason for some time if they needed to mention how long it was since they no contact.

Confusing? Yes but it makes a realistic story
spedclass chapter 5 . 9/9/2007
Another awesome chapter!
Beth Weasley chapter 5 . 9/9/2007
Oh. And the plot thickens. This is very interesting, and I'd like to see more! I always love the "Harry takes his destiny into his own hands" kind of story, especially when Dumbles gets screwed over. I mean, what right did he have to decide where Harry went after his parents were killed? One would think they'd leave provisions for him in their will, if they thought they were in that much danger.
Gabwr chapter 5 . 9/9/2007
Great chapter. That stupid headmaster thinks it's Lucius who did it? Was it Narcissa? If it was her I think she can out smart the headmaster. Looking forward to more.
Lego Land chapter 5 . 9/9/2007
I really like your more thoughtfull, intelligent Harry. A terific "what might have been" and I greatly look forward to reading more.
981 | « Prev Page 1 .. 52 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 .. Last Next »