Reviews for The Roaring Snake
rune1806 chapter 3 . 9/1/2007
hold on you can not write any slytherin as having a brain, what is wrong with you? lucius smart? come on we all know is a just a fool with money to spent no brains, really. well writen a great story thus far.
spedclass chapter 3 . 8/31/2007
Awesome chapter keep up good work and update soon!
Gabwr chapter 3 . 8/31/2007
Very interesting story. I'm looking forward to more.
David Fishwick chapter 3 . 8/31/2007
Lucius Malfoy is really slimy and i liked this chapter because it showed that Harry isn't as naive as Dumbledore and the others want. Please write more and I liked Professor Mc Gonagall warning Harry about wizarding world.
greatputt chapter 3 . 8/31/2007
Nice chapter. I was glad to see that Harry noticed the prejudices but it looks like with the way the dursleys treated him that he may be more lenient towards the pure blood views. I look forward to seeing Harry make his way into the rest of the wizarding world. I hope you update again soon.
Skysaber chapter 3 . 8/31/2007
“The previous Dark Lord, Grindelwald, was a Gryffindor”

No, this is false. It is plainly stated in Book 7 that Grindelwald never even went to Hogwarts, and thus was not a member of any of its houses. He was a student of Durmstrang (which, obviously doesn't use a house system based on the Hogwarts founders).

Look, I don't mind people rebelling against the way Rowling treated Harry, I certainly do it enough. But it seems every fic out there assumes that solving all of his problems starts by putting him in Slytherin - and it's gotten so old and tired by now that it's like gnawing on old boot leather to run into Yet Another Slytherin Harry fic!

I mean, there are only thousands of them!

PLEASE! There are other houses out there! An estimated two-thirds to three-quarters of ALL Harry Potter fanfiction puts him in Slytherin! The LAST thing you should do if you want to have an original fanfic is put him in that tired old house!

But, I can assume I am wasting my breath here, as your stated match up from the start pretty much assumes you'll have him there. That, and you had Dumbledore all unprepared for a Slytherin Harry. So you are telegraphing pretty clearly that's what you want. And so that's what you'll do.

Oh well. You had some amusing bits, but I won't be reading any more.
Bedrup chapter 3 . 8/31/2007
Very interested to see where youre going with this. Please keep writing.
Rabid Reader 4 chapter 3 . 8/31/2007
Excellent chapter. I love the realistic way you have exposed Harry to the various political and socio-economic levels in the wizarding world. I eagerly look forward to this recitation of events as this Harry seems to be far more believable than the one we fell in love with in Cannon.

I am also rather interested in just how albus deals with the unforseen intervention that minerva sprung on harry and how he will attempt to restrict her... as he is harrys current magical guardian.

hurry and post more soon.
Beth5572 chapter 3 . 8/31/2007

Terri
sweetgirl23 chapter 3 . 8/31/2007
I love this story! I just read the first three chapter and I can't wait for the next one. I mean you painted a more realistic version of the characters that J.K. Rowlings couls ever hope for. I love how you made every character interesting, smarter than what they were in canon, and just so real. The way McGognall went about introducing Harry into the wizarding world was brillant. The way Lucious tried to sway Harry to his thinking was smooth. I mean this is the man who manipulated his way out of prison by saying he was under the imperious curse, then he should have some brains and sense. The main thing that bugged me about canon was the lack of common sense that no one used. They took everything at face value and believed whatever the people in charged said. Whether it be Dumbledore, the minisrty, or Voldermort, no one used their own brains, especially Harry. I love every one of your stories where Harry used his head and thought about his actions and made plans and didn't rush head first into situations. The part with Quirell was genius. Getting him to get close to Harry and talking to him was unexpecting and pleasant surprise. Him telling Harry about the dangers of being who he is was great. I often wondered why people didn't warn Harry that some of Voldermort's supporters might come after him. Now Harry is on alert and I would love to see how he handles it. Now that things are going to take a detour from canon, I hope this means no friendship with Ron, because I always felt that his first run-in with the Weasley's was a set up. and what about Hermione, I can't wait to see how they play out. Will they become friends? ALso I can'twait ot see how you do a Harry and Millicent. Now that should be interesting.

Keep up the great work!
AngelicVampiress chapter 3 . 8/31/2007
interesting.

I liked that Harry wasn't blinded towards the Malfoys. I hope he knows to take the book on pureblood ancestry with a grain of salt (especially concerning the apparently biased view on the Malfoys)

I'm also thinking Amelia is going to mess up a lot of Dumbledore's plans, by letting him receive mail and notifications

Yay team!

Can't wait for Millicent!

Cheers
Wonderbee31 chapter 3 . 8/31/2007
First off, let me say that I was hugely impressed with the characters here, and agree with you about the way things should have been, in the real world. That Draco seems to be a spoiled brat might be true, but that Lucius had the lack of foresight to try and be cordial with Harry and his friends at least, makes no sense whatsoever with how JKR seems to want to portray him, as a suave, debonair person. Heck, he'd have been at home in canon with a handlebar moustache that he could twirl between his fingers. That said, I hope to see more of this, and like how you have things going, I've a feeling that this Harry could do well in any house, like he was supposed to show in canon, but this one has the common sense that canon Hary doesn't seem to have at times. I look forward to how you go with this, and what might happen next when Harryreturns home, and to see what the results of the investigation might be, and hope that Harry might be able to get away from the Dursley's for good in this fic, rather than have to return to be tortured again and again.
Clell65619 chapter 2 . 8/28/2007
An interesting start. Looking forward to future chapters.
spedclass chapter 2 . 8/28/2007
Awesome chapter keep up the good work and update soon!
spedclass chapter 1 . 8/28/2007
Awesome chapter keep up the goos work and update soon!
947 | « Prev Page 1 .. 52 59 60 61 62 63 .. Last Next »