Reviews for The Roaring Snake
rune1806 chapter 5 . 9/9/2007
hi good update, i look forward to seeing the bone's and greengrass's reaction to harry being moved. great story.
Katzztar chapter 5 . 9/9/2007
Just as the two Weasleys had finished their discussion, two more people had put down the day's Daily Prophet with sinister relish. The first was Narcissa Black-Malfoy, who murmured, “Now, Albus, we shall see who can play these games better.”

The second was Albus Dumbledore, who smiled coldly and almost cruelly, “Now, Lucius, let us see how you like when your games go awry.”

**Snicker** Close, Dumb-as-a-door,it's not Lucius but his wife.

I hope Harry is getting the Prophet and the Weasleys didn't notice until too late. Speaking of the Prophet, I'm glad that it gave a good view of McGonnagall for tending to his clothing. That will put her in good standing with fellow witches and wizards.

"...his relatives on his mother's side – who have not had any relations, commercial or social, with our world in the last twenty years" I find the sentence odd. I had to think why the Muggle Evans family would have commercial or social relations with the wizarding world. I wondered if it meant that the Evans had ongoing contact with wizards when Lily was in school. But Harry was born when Lily was 21 (at least in cannon, don't know about your story ;P) Since Harry is 11, then 9 years earlier would have Lily in her 2nd year. So The prophet makes is sound as if the Muggle family was in frequent contact for some reason for some time if they needed to mention how long it was since they no contact.

Confusing? Yes but it makes a realistic story
spedclass chapter 5 . 9/9/2007
Another awesome chapter!
Beth Weasley chapter 5 . 9/9/2007
Oh. And the plot thickens. This is very interesting, and I'd like to see more! I always love the "Harry takes his destiny into his own hands" kind of story, especially when Dumbles gets screwed over. I mean, what right did he have to decide where Harry went after his parents were killed? One would think they'd leave provisions for him in their will, if they thought they were in that much danger.
Gabwr chapter 5 . 9/9/2007
Great chapter. That stupid headmaster thinks it's Lucius who did it? Was it Narcissa? If it was her I think she can out smart the headmaster. Looking forward to more.
Lego Land chapter 5 . 9/9/2007
I really like your more thoughtfull, intelligent Harry. A terific "what might have been" and I greatly look forward to reading more.
greatputt chapter 5 . 9/9/2007
Wow, what the chess game this is going to turn out to be. I am glad the Harry is thinking about how things may affect him at this point, i just hope he does not end up becoming a pawn in everyones game. That is something that could easily happen as he really doesnt have any power or rights for a few years. I am also glad to see that he wont let the Weasley laziness effect him too much. I hope we get to see another update soon.
torgrim chapter 5 . 9/9/2007
interesting so far, im hooked and looking forward to seeing where this story leads. I realy like the way that you portray the characters.

Great work keep it up.
Death in a Pink Boa chapter 5 . 9/9/2007
Black-Malfoy and Lestrange-Greengrass

Stop it, it's stupid. Really really stupid.

Next you'll have Harry showing how dumb and childish he his by calling Dumbledore Dumb-old-dork and Voldemort Moldy-shorts.

Take a bit of forwarning, and don't do that.

Aside from this, the news chapters are good, as are the old ones. I look forward to seeing how Minverva develops her relationship with Harry.

I think you succeeded in fleshing Dumbledore out a bit in this chapter.

One of the aspects of Dumbledore in cannon is that he is very much more than human. JKR places him on differnet and higher plain then her other characters. What you need to do is bring him done and ground him as a character. It looks like you're on the right track.

On the whole, this is a good fic. I look forward to the next chapter.
Beth5572 chapter 5 . 9/9/2007

Terri
greatputt chapter 4 . 9/4/2007
Great chapter. I believe the ministry itself and the research trust are new players in the game that i have never seen. Really interesting to think about. I look forward to seeing how Harry handles all this people being around him trying to help him or watch him and such. I cant wait to see what happens in the next chapter.
Cwejr chapter 4 . 9/4/2007
Very interesting. I will be watching how you handle Draco and his attitude. Minerva has already thrown a monkeywrench into Dumbles plans. How is he going to overcome that? And all the other plans to cause Dumbles more problems. I love seeing how intelligent people fight back against a user. It appears that Harry is going to be a Snake, what with dumby being unprepared for it and with the title. Very good. This has the makings of a fantastic story. I'm really looking forward to seeing how you handle it.

Please pick up a spelling checker, there are some free ones on the Net. Also a hint on an easy way to proofread your stories. Print it out in slightly larger fonts. Turn it upside down, and make yourself read every word. Every typo will really stand out. I learned this trick while working in a newspaper and have used it since. It really helped with some of my school papers.

I know it is difficult to write when the muse is silent, so I hope your muse becomes hyperactive.
David Fishwick chapter 4 . 9/4/2007
Nice work and i liked how Amelia is taking an interest in Harry. I also liked how Lucius guessed Harry was being abused by his relatives. Please update thanks.
Wonderbee31 chapter 4 . 9/4/2007
Wow, you continue to craft a wondeful story here, and it's refreshing to see the witches and wizareds using their heads here, whether it's Narcissa using her logic, The others planning on how to get Harry trained, or the DMLE trying their own to do right by Harry, for a price. Heck, even Voldemort is showing more brains with his host than seemed to show up in canon, this promises to be an interestring year, and hope that this story will continue for a long time.
spedclass chapter 4 . 9/4/2007
Awesome chapter keep up the good work and update soon!
972 | « Prev Page 1 .. 52 59 60 61 62 63 64 .. Last Next »