Reviews for The Roaring Snake
Willow-Bee the Cat chapter 4 . 9/3/2007
Very interesting so far.
rune1806 chapter 4 . 9/3/2007
well done not a cardboard character in the bunch, should be a great ride. do not make albus dumb, give him some depth too many write him as 1d make him 3d there should be reasons why he does what he does.
Heather chapter 4 . 9/3/2007
It sounds like everyone has plans. Looking forward to reading more. I think that Harry would have the same type of problem with Ron that he had with Draco's veiw piont. He all ready knows that all snakes are not evil and Ron will push that they are. He would not like that. And he has all ready made some friends
sweetgirl23 chapter 4 . 9/3/2007
I love the manipulations. They make so much sense. Especially how Narcissa plans to go about getting to Harry. I just love how everyone is so smart. I love the way how you point out the flaws of the wizarding world and see someone other than supposely Dumbledore doing something about it. Also the way Mrs. Greengrass pointed out how people going to Hogwarts are getting dumber by the year. I mean how did Harry really learn anything in canon. I mean in the six years that he was there before he left only 3rd, 4th, and maybe 6th he learned something, but should not have been enough to do the things he did. Are you going to do a chapter on how Harry sees everything? As far as Hermione, I see her fitting in with the Greengrass group. I'm still hoping for no friendship with Ron or Ginny, but you know I see Neville fitting in better with what is to be a new Harry. As always great chapter, can't wait to see how this plays out. Keep up the great work.
Beth5572 chapter 4 . 9/3/2007

Terri
LordStrongpaw chapter 4 . 9/3/2007
i thought Millecent Bullstrode was two or three years higher then harry, the way she is described in chamber of secrets...
Katzztar chapter 4 . 9/3/2007
Ah I like your version of Quirrell. I remember in the book Hagrid stated that he was a good professor once, before he took a year off to get 'on-hand experience'. We now know that was the time he came across Voldemort. Your version makes Quirrell appear more intelligent, more vilianous and far more of a threat.
VICTORYbyNUDITYandHUGS chapter 3 . 9/1/2007
good chapter, i liked it a lot, keep up the good work!
rune1806 chapter 3 . 9/1/2007
hold on you can not write any slytherin as having a brain, what is wrong with you? lucius smart? come on we all know is a just a fool with money to spent no brains, really. well writen a great story thus far.
spedclass chapter 3 . 8/31/2007
Awesome chapter keep up good work and update soon!
Gabwr chapter 3 . 8/31/2007
Very interesting story. I'm looking forward to more.
David Fishwick chapter 3 . 8/31/2007
Lucius Malfoy is really slimy and i liked this chapter because it showed that Harry isn't as naive as Dumbledore and the others want. Please write more and I liked Professor Mc Gonagall warning Harry about wizarding world.
greatputt chapter 3 . 8/31/2007
Nice chapter. I was glad to see that Harry noticed the prejudices but it looks like with the way the dursleys treated him that he may be more lenient towards the pure blood views. I look forward to seeing Harry make his way into the rest of the wizarding world. I hope you update again soon.
Skysaber chapter 3 . 8/31/2007
“The previous Dark Lord, Grindelwald, was a Gryffindor”

No, this is false. It is plainly stated in Book 7 that Grindelwald never even went to Hogwarts, and thus was not a member of any of its houses. He was a student of Durmstrang (which, obviously doesn't use a house system based on the Hogwarts founders).

Look, I don't mind people rebelling against the way Rowling treated Harry, I certainly do it enough. But it seems every fic out there assumes that solving all of his problems starts by putting him in Slytherin - and it's gotten so old and tired by now that it's like gnawing on old boot leather to run into Yet Another Slytherin Harry fic!

I mean, there are only thousands of them!

PLEASE! There are other houses out there! An estimated two-thirds to three-quarters of ALL Harry Potter fanfiction puts him in Slytherin! The LAST thing you should do if you want to have an original fanfic is put him in that tired old house!

But, I can assume I am wasting my breath here, as your stated match up from the start pretty much assumes you'll have him there. That, and you had Dumbledore all unprepared for a Slytherin Harry. So you are telegraphing pretty clearly that's what you want. And so that's what you'll do.

Oh well. You had some amusing bits, but I won't be reading any more.
Bedrup chapter 3 . 8/31/2007
Very interested to see where youre going with this. Please keep writing.
970 | « Prev Page 1 .. 53 60 61 62 63 64 .. Last Next »