Reviews for Anything But Ordinary
Harmony101 chapter 10 . 10/25/2010
So I've been reading this story nonstop (sorry I didn't leave a review for the other chapters) I just had to find out what happened next. I love the story so far and I hope you'll update (soon hopefully) *fingers crossed*
overlord of hell 2012 chapter 10 . 8/18/2010
loving the story and hope you update soon
Jlee93 chapter 10 . 5/25/2010
Great!
Convictions chapter 10 . 8/28/2009
I love your story so far. Update soon :)

ally.
shurtugal88 chapter 10 . 8/8/2009
well first off i want to let u know that i too know what its like to pick school work over fanfiction its not pretty when u procrastinate and then read good stories then u realize u have to stop to get stuff done; collage work is hard once u first start lol luckily its the summer time and i am bored so i begun reading stories again i just found yours the other day and now i finely reached a end for now. its not a really big deal but i want to point out something if these guys are trained aurors why would they not be using non verbals now. i only say this out of frustration that JK Rowling failed to do the same thing in the 7th book and she made it a point to say how bad they were all in the 6th one and they need to learn them; which did not come in the movie at all. its only a miner thing and i really start thinking about it when every body writes their post Hogwarts stores that way. i would have review earlier but i just started today and i wanted to read through it all before i put out opinion. I think u have a good story and your long wait period i see reading through the story for chp 7 and on it looks like your story got a little better and it has more substance to it. so keep up the good work and update soon i know that will get tougher once school starts back which for me is in a couple of weeks and with a full time schedule like me; i dont expect u to do much during the semester not unless u got a schedule down so u can write and take care of what u need to take care of.
gravacor chapter 10 . 7/29/2009
Interesting chapter to say the least. Hermione's attack on Harry, was understanding but a little too much. I don't think she would have reacted that way toward him. Anybody else, then yes.

Two Roy Henderson's. If I had to guess the real one is at auror headquarters while the one that Ron is talking to is the plotter polyjuiced.

I think that Russ is going to have a lot more to do with this story before it ends so I'd like to see him and Harry team up to get to the bottom of this.

While I want to see Harry and Hermione together, I don't really want to see Ron killed. He hasn't been a git in this story really, and hasn't deserved it. With that, I think you are going to have a hard time splitting him and Hermione up if you don't.

I think that a disappearance and then a reunion will only make their relationship stronger. Look forward to the update.
gravacor chapter 9 . 7/29/2009
I just started reading this story and so far I like it. It seems I have one more chapter to get caught up with. I was reading some peoples opinions, indicating that the plotter is Draco, and I don't see that.

Ron thinking he made a bad career choice? I agree, his personality never was the auror type.

I'm definitely a H/Hr fan, but with the relationship that you have between Harry and Luna, you need to end it soon. Luna doesn't deserve to be hurt because of Harry's indecisions.

I look forward to the next chapter and hope that updates will be timely.
L.A.H.H chapter 10 . 7/28/2009
I'm sure you do. And I appreciate your updates, so keep them coming please! THis was great. ANd i didn't think it would be him! x
bvc17 chapter 10 . 7/27/2009
someone's gotta be polyjuiced, but roy henderson is definitely in on this plot. I'm guessing the plotter is Malfoy, dunno why just guessing!
alix33 chapter 10 . 7/27/2009
"He spotted a letter from Luna lying on his pillow; Apollo, his new owl, must have delivered it while he was gone." - Oh? So when and how did Amity, his barn owl (and Hedwig's successor) die, then? and what kind of owl is Apollo?
alix33 chapter 6 . 7/27/2009
"It certainly wasn’t the pay-he had heard horror stories from veteran Aurors about trying to live from paycheck to paycheck." - Most jobs, IMO, start out with that sort of pay.

"as Russ leaned into Hannah. “That’s the last thing we’d want,” he said quietly. “A depressed Brittany.” Hannah held back a laugh, looking merry. “Yeah, a happy Brittany is depressing enough,” she whispered back, making Russ grin." - Nice Hannah/Russ interaction, and it made me laugh 'cause Brittany does not IMO have even a clue she is being made fun of.

"He had still been in a celebratory mood from his Auror test the previous week, and he had stayed on the Hogwarts campus talking to former professors about it all weekend." - Where did he sleep, though? The Three Broomsticks or the Hog's Head? Or are there other inns in Hogsmeade? Or does Hogwarts have guest quarters we never knew of before?

"What she needed was coffee, and lots of it. But she didn’t want to trouble the house elves at this late hour-it was nearly midnight. She hadn’t forgotten her S.P.E.W. days." - so why does she not have a charmed coffee machine in her office (or wherever she is marking these essays)?

I think I like Amity - not that he will ever be as loved as Hedwig was.

Nice letter Harry wrote!
alix33 chapter 5 . 7/27/2009
"Malfoy opened his mouth to retort but never got the chance. Rather than using his wand to render his enemy unconscious, Harry had used his fists, hauling off and punching Malfoy in the face, much like Hermione had done in their third year. Now his right hand throbbed, much like his left elbow, but he felt oddly satisfied." - Good to know there is still a place for "muggle duelling" as prof. McGonagall called it during Harry's time at Hogwarts.

“Where is Harry, anyway?” she asked, frowning. “Oh, he’s got a date with Luna tonight,” Ron answered. “It’s either their second or third…I’m not entirely sure.” “Oh,” Hermione said." - LOL at how pissed Hermione is.

"They had gone out to dinner and then swing dancing at a club Luna knew of, and he couldn’t remember the last time he had felt so relaxed. The test being over had taken a load off of his shoulders." - OK, so Luna wore dancing shoes and a dress with a suitably swingy skirt, but what colours were they? And which earrings did she wear to match (or not, given we are talking about Luna here)?

"I don’t think Harry/Hermione shippers will be fond of the end of this chapter, " - I ship H/Hr and I'm totally cool with Harry and Luna dating (which will be good for them both, as long as Luna gets the right bloke for her afterwards, so she is not lonely and unapprecited AND that she and Harry and Hermione remain friends) and making Hermione properly jealous first.
bvc17 chapter 5 . 7/27/2009
Nah I'm just fine with the ending of this chapter, I think Harry/Luna is sweet though I am a firm shipper of Harry/Hermione. If he can't be with Hermione, I'd like to see him with Luna.
alix33 chapter 4 . 7/27/2009
"setting aside Constant Vigilance: The Art of Being Defensively Aware, by Mad-Eye Moody." - If I were Harry, I think I would have felt a bit sad or maybe melancholy studying a book by someone I knew who died.

"Harry had gone to dinner with Luna Lovegood." - That's nice. What did Luna wear?

Bloody hell - Did anybody think of gathering up and securing the class's half-written exam answers?
alix33 chapter 3 . 7/27/2009
"The truth was that nobody in the class really knew much about Robinson, as he always sat by himself in the back corner of the classroom, silently taking notes from the professors’ lectures. But he was good at spell work, Harry knew, as in hands-on training Russ had even given him some trouble when the two were paired up together. Harry nodded at Russ as he walked in, and received a slight inclination of the head in return." - I'm a bit suspicious: He would not be the plotter, would he?

"Dean liked to joke with Harry that the two were members of “The Ginny Weasley Ex-Boyfriend Club.” Harry was actually glad that Dean could joke about it, because he had started dating Ginny so soon after her and Dean’s breakup." - It is IMO especially good for Harry that Dean is not humongously jealous of Harry, to add to Harry's woes still more.

"Sometimes he wished he could meet her parents so he could smack them." - Or go 19 or 20 years back with a time-turner, meet them and THEN introduce them to the concepts of either contraceptive charms or condoms...

"instead twirling her hair around her wand and yawning." - I wish her wand would object to all that hair-twirling and set itself on fire!

“Wow!” Harry exclaimed. “You look amazing!” So she did. Her hair was as white-blond as ever, but it was longer than what Harry remembered. She was wearing a navy blue dress, and-Harry did a double-take-she wasn’t wearing her familiar radish earrings, opting instead for stars that sparkled silver, than gold." - Smashing dress and jewellery, Luna!

I want to laugh at Hermione's jealousy, but I think maybe that would be a bit cruel.
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »