Reviews for Getting Gone
Emeralds chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
Woah.

That's a good woah, by the way. A great woah.
Mary chapter 1 . 9/3/2007
Wow, awsome! You're a really good writer!
Mrs Hatake Itachi chapter 1 . 8/27/2007
Nice story!
hellobaby chapter 1 . 8/21/2007
This has, in all honestly, to be the greatest fanfiction I have ever written.

Being the kid of two old hippies probably influences my opinion some, but whatever.

You should really continue this.

I'm not quite sure, but whatever you write, I'll love.
eeeee.eee.eeee chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
I actually read this story right after it was posted (bless you e-mail alerts…) but I had to take some time and read it again the next day, and then read it again, and yet another time before I could actually write a review. The reason for all this waiting and overthinking? Well, I’m pretty sure this is my favorite story, ever. I’m already an admirer of your work (in my eyes, no one can put NejiTen on paper better than you) but this piece just excels in a way that had me speechless for a few days. I actually found myself thinking about it long after I was done reading, and digging up old cds to listen to the quoted songs. It made quite the impression, really. In all honesty, I think there’s room for more chapters, not that I thought the ending was sketchy, because I didn’t. It was all very smoothly written, but such an amazing piece of work just leaves you wishing for more. You did a terrific job with the theme chosen, the adaptation of the characters, the descriptions and just an all-around “cheekiness” to the narrative that made it all the more engaging and just…refreshing! Different from anything I’d ever read. I imagine it must’ve been a fun piece to write, just as it was fun to read it. And I hope you’ll keep writing more NejiTen fic because it seems like your stories evolve and get better every time. Again, amazing work!
AmiWuvsNeji chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
I wonder what gave you this idea for a fanfiction. Not saying it's bad because I definitely liked it. I hope more fanfics like this are coming.
yayo-chan chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
wow i loved it! lol but i would also love it if you could add another part on but with sakura and sausuke in it then hinata and naruto! but even if you dont i still love tha story!
Hyuuga Tenten ftw chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
I don't do AU well, but you have managed to!

Tenten seems to have a free, nomadic personality and this fic suited her just fine.

First, I loved how you portrayed an honest outside reaction of Neji's environmentally homegrown opinion of African Americans, The Kennedy family, war, and the MLKjr shooting. That is oft how I imagined it:

[Neji had never been openly racist like his dad. But neither had he done much to help in African Americans’ cause (nor the cause of any other Americans). But he, like any other decent human being, had felt a twinge of feeling on the fourth day of April, when a bullet had exploded into Dr. Martin Luther King Jr’s right cheek.]

Favorite Lines: [ Those girls he had grown up with had known both parents and little unpleasantness besides the changing fashions. ]

Sheltered people are usually hit hardest by reality,ne?

and

[His name could be found everywhere but two places: Columbia’s fall roster and Hiashi Hyuuga’s will.] Ah, Hiashi, a man scorned.

and

[And while her tight jeans and low neckline agreed with him, he had never been compelled by such things.] Neji's you're still just a man.

Wow... Neji smokin' a doobie. XDXDXD

I understand the ymbolism though. Him stepping out of his element and into a different type of 'freedom'. You're a sly one, Ness.

Ah, t3h KibaIno,ShikaTem,and NejiTen make my heart flutter happily.

Tenten, wouldn't be Tenten without 28 weapons on her. Love.

[if his brochure wasn’t lying – it was thanks to this Midwest land that the East Coast had the steel for those skyscrapers at all]

Ah, people forget from whence there blessure comes. So true, so true.

I LOVE JANIS JOPLIN! in all of her acne cover, soul shaking voice, glory!

Being African American myself, this fic stuck a differnt type of positive vibe in me. Made sure i took time out to review.

Another good one, Nessie.
CantarellaKisses chapter 1 . 8/14/2007
Yay for hippies! Good fic.
missingno1010 chapter 1 . 8/14/2007
Thinking about Lee in Vietnam is interesting since it's my homeland... Even though I've never been there. XD

Wow... This fic really captured the "unknown trust" between Neji and Tenten. Or at least, to me it did. Amazing work!
half-note chapter 1 . 8/14/2007
Nessie-san, this is pure genius! I couldn't stop smiling, the idea of Tenten calling Neji 'babe' makes me crack up.

Pretty original, great characterization, sex, drugs and rock&roll... lovely descriptions. Just what everyone wants.

You're a talented writer, I love your stories...this is just another awesome example. ;D

Lots of love,

Ego :D
Celira chapter 1 . 8/14/2007
...that.

Is the most original story idea I've ever-

...

Wow. Um, do you write original fiction? :P If not, you should. Either way, this was a brilliant setting for the characters we know and adore.
VictoryIsGreen chapter 1 . 8/14/2007
Woah! ...Dude! That was awesome! I've never really seen a story like this. It is way cool...it's cool to be able to put a story like that in perspective...it's awesome.
i.don'tMiSS chapter 1 . 8/13/2007
I loved this AU. Totally wonderful XD.
Takako chapter 1 . 8/13/2007
Your AUs are just amazing. Actually all your work is. Please don't ever stop writing!
40 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »