Reviews for We Were the More Deceived
inMyOwnHead1990 chapter 1 . 2/2/2014
So, who all is left alive? What happened? What caused all of it? At the end of the series, it looked like there were more acceptance, did things change? What happened to Tom? Did he ever take the Promicin?
Guest chapter 2 . 5/14/2013
Sirnonenath chapter 2 . 9/18/2010
I don't know if you plan to continue this (probably not), but it is wonderful. I love how you don't quite set the scene; you trust the reader to follow along without all the details of what's going on being known.

I love how you've aged Maia and Kyle. And I am so anxious about Shawn! I hope you can relieve the anxiety with more chapters!
Mystiqbard chapter 2 . 12/20/2009
good read my dear. i hope you continue soon :)
Cheryl chapter 2 . 11/26/2009
Thank you for updating this. I thought it was long abandoned. This story is so well done, the bleakness, the atmosphere you've created, the familiar characters that you've aged and hardened. . . Please don't give up on this. I want to know where Shawn's been taken and why it's so terrible and where everyone else is.
Lora Perry chapter 2 . 11/18/2009
holy crap, this is good. and dark. but good. I wonder of Shawn, and how he is. But your Maia and your Kyle are impeccably wonderful and make me yearn again for the show. I look forward to more, and hopefully to not waiting till 2011. ;)
Tifaching chapter 2 . 10/26/2009
This is gripping and incredibly well written. I'm going to wait and see if you finish it tho before reading any more. I've been burned too many times by being sucked into something amazing only to have it die out way before it's finished. Please keep going, I'd love to know how this ends.
zeusfluff chapter 2 . 8/18/2009
This is very good so far! I had to admit I cringed when Maia was talking about what happened to babies who weren't formed correctly in Portland... Ew... Glad you used Portland as some sort of reference... Most people don't know its a city at all... Thanks for a great couple of chapters, and please update soon!

SkyeLight2x1 chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
Woah... now I have to say, I'm very excited about this. I really can't wait to see what happens next, and what has turned the world into this... well, I suppose nightmare is the appropriate word. Don't give up on it!
Cheryl chapter 1 . 10/26/2007
This fic is stirring with possibilites; I love the tone you've set. It fits perfectly with the hints the show has given about the future.

Please update! I'm dying to know what is happening to Kyle, Shawn, Jordan, Maia.

This is so beautifully written and realized.
Jewel88 chapter 1 . 9/9/2007
whoa thats like crazy good
brodie-wan chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
Wow. you weren't kidding about bleak, but I'm intrigued as to how Kyle got from Promise City to his current position and how the world has changed in the last nine years.

It appears the walled city has become a reality, but who is inside?

Jordan's men? Where does he stand? The story implies Kyle and Maia would want to avoid him. Very interesting.

If you PM, please let me know about updates.
Child of a Pineapple chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
I like this so far. I'm looking forward to an update!
Sirnonenath chapter 1 . 8/21/2007
This is an utterly creepy and atmospheric piece.

I love all the hints you've given about what has been happening in the world. Your grown-up Maia is very intriguing, as is the quiet determination of Kyle.

I cannot wait to read more of this. This is the most interesting 4400 fic I've come across. Where is Shawn? What's happened to him?

Thanks for sharing!
ancress chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
This is such an atmospheric and well-conceived story and I am delighted to hear you'll be continuing it. You give enough to interest the reader without spilling the plot within the first sentence, creating tension and showing that you have a very specific concept in mind. Love it! Please write more soon.